Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Connection failure: unable to connect to pvp.net server.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yana

11-09-2009

Connection failure: unable to connect to pvp.net server. Click OK to close to client.
@ the login screen, patching and the launcher work fine.

Err, what do I do? I have no virus scanner active, no firewall, and the connection I'm currently on has no blocked ports. Is there a way I can isolate the problem?

Jesse Perring

Recruiter

11-09-2009

Sometimes Windows firewall has a way of reactivating itself after updates. Try disabling it again. You may want to read over the following thread (try the script):
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=19361

Are you running behind a router that may a firewall you're not aware of?
Are you connected through a shared network, like a college campus?

Could I ask you to post your dxdiag and air logs?

Thanks for reporting.

BB-495

Altor

11-10-2009

I just got this now. We played fine last night even. My firewall has always been disabled.

Wisers

11-10-2009

I am getting this same issue just attempted playing my first game of the day and my firewall is off, and i am on the same internet connection as i was on when i was playing last night.
I attempt to reconnect to game by going back on to pvp.net(in which I was able to log onto) and I once again receive this message as my client attempts to connect to the game.

Ap0calypt0

09-11-2010

yea smth got wrong with the server -.- i got this too

Texas Law Dog

09-11-2010

I followed the link and disabled my firewall after not being able to play. It works.

Pixie Styx

09-11-2010

Same problem.

I was in a game and when I finished I was disconnected from chat. I restarted the client and couldnt get back on.

nocktar

09-11-2010

servers are partialy down give em a bit

Exxotic

09-11-2010

Yeah I dont think it has to do with Firewall. Might be the game server. Roit just has to catch up to say offline