Stuck in ELO Hell? Need pointers/help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

moonway

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSZHUNG View Post
we must be living in completely different time zones because i keep missing you guys.

how do you usually receive replays and such (i don't even know how to record / send replays >.<)
Go to leaguereplays.com and download the client. When you create an account and play a game with LoL replay running, it will record the game. (Go to options and make it record in spectator mode. It's easier to rewind and stuff). You then upload your replay to the main website and give me the URL of the replay.

I live in the EST time zone.

Thats Free

08-01-2012

Hi, I've been playing a lot of tristana recently, but I don't know how to rocket jump. Can you teach me?? Also, r u girl? Plz be girl. I like girl.

OGJuicyTeeJ

moonway

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalFarmer View Post
Hi, I've been playing a lot of tristana recently, but I don't know how to rocket jump. Can you teach me?? Also, r u girl? Plz be girl. I like girl.
/reply to cowski

moonway

08-02-2012

TheLoveHammer's Replay (took forever cause it wasn't in spectator mode lol)
http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/669267/
Situations:
3:55- RESULT: 1 for 1 trade (would have been 0 for 1 if teemo had a brain lol) PROBLEM/CAUSE: You were staying overextended in lane when you saw skarner at your red. When your jungler is near your red buff (after level 2 ganking top), you should prepare to back because their jungler would be finished their whole route and probably coming to gank you. (top lane blue side, bot lane purple side).
4:30- RESULT: tp gone. PROBLEM/CAUSE: Theres really no reason to tp to your lane when it is already pushing. You should really only tp when there is a big wave at your tower incase you need your tp to counter gank mid/bottom (very effective in solo queue) You could have used that tp to tp mid to possibly kill xin (had no flash and had doublebuff and was chasing for a good 20 seconds)
5:30? (couldn't really tell because i cant rewind unless the replay is in spectator mode, but its when xin ganked you)- RESULT: got chunked PROBLEM/CAUSE: you tunnel visioned when xin was standing ontop of your ward
9:50- RESULT: 0 for 2 PROBLEM/CAUSE: You continued to chase a teemo with low hp, baiting your skarner to follow you. If you knocked him back closer to the tower instead of switching to ranged form( another reason to try out flash), skarner could have ulted him into the tower securing the kill. Chasing a teemo isn't very smart because of shrooms/poison/ignite dot and his speed boost AND his blind. Not to mention that you were very low already.
13:00- RESULT: died, wasted ghost. PROBLEM/CAUSE chased teemo with low hp, ghosted for no reason. If you're going to die anyways, its not worth it to waste summoners spells. You also saw xin coming into top jungle from mid lane, and should have known that even if you killed teemo, you would have died anyways. (another reason to ward tribrush as blue side, and to take ignite to kill teemo lol)
17:50- PURCHASED: Guardian Angel. PROBLEM: Rushing a G.A. is never smart. I would have personally went tabi+ 2 dorans blades, phage, wits end, finish triforce, and THEN GA. G.A. doesnt provide you anything in lane.
18:20- RESULT: wasted a kill opportunity. PROBLEM/CAUSE: You let teemo kite you when you could have easily turned and killed him. Teemo cant 1v1 a Jayce if you just jump onto him. You had no risk of being ganked because TF already ulted mid and 3 were bot.
26:30- RESULT: ACED. PROBLEM/CAUSE: You and your team stayed way to long. You should have took charge and told them to back.
31:40- RESULT: Baron chance for enemny team (although they didn't use it to their advantage). PROBLEM/CAUSE: You should never really use your tp to go bottom when it is really late into the game. They could have just baroned especially with Kog'Maw who could shred baron easily. For future games, just walk bottom and save your tp for when they go to baron. It could have been used to help your team at mid at about 32:20 when they got caught 5v4. A t1 tower< 4 deaths on team especially this late into the game and a baron buff

Key Things:
- Balance between harassing and csing. You were missing alot of creeps because of how much you wanted to harass.
- Lifesteal quints aren't really strong anymore. On Jayce its better to run MS/AD Quints, AD Reds, Armor yellows, and MR blues. Why not armor pen? Most of jayce's damage is magic (spells). Why not LS quints? You already have enough sustain from your TP and Jayce be hard to deal with early game with AD Quints because of how versatile he is in lane.
Additional Notes:

- When you're playing top on blue side, its better to ward tribrush when your lane is pushed to the purple tower.
- When you play Jayce, I'd suggest ignite over tp because of how aggressive you play. TP is usally for passive players. Also, I like flash better than ghost because Jayce gets a ton of speed boosts from his gate/ult and I run MS quints on him anyways.
- I prefer flash over ghost on jayce because of flash-> knockback combo, but i guess its preference.
- Many times you would just stand idly instead of going for easy cs.
Strengths:
- Harassing
- Counter building (mantle+cloth was a smart buy. most people would have gotten dorans blade like an idiot, but don't over do it. The extra mantle and the chainvest wasn't really needed. You lacked damage especialyl because u had lifesteal quints).
- Not getting caught
- No fear
Weakenesses:

- Csing (aim for 100 by 14 minutes).
- Greed/Chasing
- Leading the team
- Coming bot lane to do dragon/gank.
- No fear (can be good or bad)

I don't really think Jayce is the champion for you because of your playstyle. He is very hard to play.. so I can't blame you.
You should try a hero that is really easy to poke with and is more forgiving if you over extend. Maybe Olaf, Riven, Jarvan or Jax.

Also, TP is good for tanks that just afk farm top and tp to support their team (malph, singed) but not very aggressive ones like Jayce.

Drakkiss

08-02-2012

Hi,

Does the replay have to be of a ranked game? I assume that'd be more helpful...

I've done 19 ranked games and I don't know if I've finished my placement yet? Anyway I'm not in elo hell, My elo is like 1200 exactly, some of the games I've won I've definitely been carried, but I haven't played a lot of ranked games because I think I might actually be higher Elo than I should be maybe?

So I know what some of my problems are already I think but maybe someone else saying it will make me actually work on it I dunno, but I appreciate you doing this for people it's pretty cool, I just downloaded the client for LolReplay and I guess I'll be in touch shortly

moonway

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakkiss View Post
Hi,

Does the replay have to be of a ranked game? I assume that'd be more helpful...

I've done 19 ranked games and I don't know if I've finished my placement yet? Anyway I'm not in elo hell, My elo is like 1200 exactly, some of the games I've won I've definitely been carried, but I haven't played a lot of ranked games because I think I might actually be higher Elo than I should be maybe?

So I know what some of my problems are already I think but maybe someone else saying it will make me actually work on it I dunno, but I appreciate you doing this for people it's pretty cool, I just downloaded the client for LolReplay and I guess I'll be in touch shortly
Hello Drakkiss,
I prefer it to be a ranked game because the mindset of a ranked game is much different than a normal game. Some people just play for fun in normals instead of rank. Placement matches are your first 10 games. I guess you could send me a replay of a normal, but you wouldn't be getting the full value of an analysis because of how different normals and rankeds are. Just send me a replay ingame or on this thread whenever

theDokiDoki

08-02-2012

Well, I'll come out of the closet and say I suck.

Help me, oh great master. Tell me what I'm doing wrong. xD

And well, what you're doing is what I wish I could do for my fellow friends.

I'll lurk around your chatroom, and maybe could we play one-two games so you could give me some pointers?

Thanks. ^_^

moonway

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syllnor View Post
Well, I'll come out of the closet and say I suck.

Help me, oh great master. Tell me what I'm doing wrong. xD

And well, what you're doing is what I wish I could do for my fellow friends.

I'll lurk around your chatroom, and maybe could we play one-two games so you could give me some pointers?

Thanks. ^_^
You have lots to learn young padawan. I'll be happy to help you ;D

rangoway

08-02-2012

bump for bad guy.