Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Stuck in ELO Hell? Need pointers/help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AsianSixty9

08-01-2012

I'm not coming here for advice, just here to say how much I respect you for doing this kind of thing, and helping others. Your name kind of confuses me, because that is the name I would expect a d*****bag to have.

moonway

08-01-2012

Quote:
AsianSixty9:
I'm not coming here for advice, just here to say how much I respect you for doing this kind of thing, and helping others. Your name kind of confuses me, because that is the name I would expect a d*****bag to have.

Haha. It's quite ironic isn't it...
I just want to help out the community as nowadays there are so many trolls on the internet.

Pubstomp

08-01-2012

Quote:
usadcuzubad:
^_^ no problem

I'd have to agree about Lee/Kennen. You should try Riven/ Xin Zhao top also. They pubstomp in elo hell.

Haha I would have too agree i do main riven, never tried xin zhao but i feel hes not that strong and has many hard counters.

moonway

08-01-2012

Quote:
Krazyeeee:
Haha I would have too agree i do main riven, never tried xin zhao but i feel hes not that strong and has many hard counters.

Xin Zhao is really strong early levels especially at lvl 2 with his Q and E. If your jungler comes to gank it is pretty much an ensured kill. But as your laning opponent gets more items as well, it will be harder because Xin falls off as the game goes on and is at his strongest point from about lvl 2-6

C00LST0RYBR0

08-01-2012

Quote:
usadcuzubad:
Honestly, playing nocturne jungle is pretty risky in solo queue because his ganks are subpar before lvl 6. Playing strong early game junglers (Alistar, Udyr, Lee Sin, Dr. Mundo) is much easier to carry your team with because of how easy it is to snowball and stop snowballs in lanes.

Everything is risky in solo q.
I'm not sure I understand how Udyr and Mundo gank better than Nocture.
Lee and Alistar are completely worthless if they dont have a good early game.

moonway

08-01-2012

Quote:
C00LST0RYBR0:
Everything is risky in solo q.
I'm not sure I understand how Udyr and Mundo gank better than Nocture.
Lee and Alistar are completely worthless if they dont have a good early game.

Udyr has a 1 second stun on a 4 second cooldown+ speed boost on 3 second cd and out damages nocturne with phoenix
Mundo has a 50% slow on a 2 second cd+ massive dps from his E and Q.

Nocturne has a speedboost on a 10 second cd and a (10 second?) cd fear that lasts for 1 second. Udyr and Mundo also can clear faster than Nocturne making them gank quicker which is very good in solo queue because people tend to be very aggressive and push their lane early.

It's very easy to have a good early game with Alistar/Lee because they clear at an average speed and are really easy to gank with (assuming you know how to combo with both champions).

FpsLawl

08-01-2012

bump for justice!

moonway

08-01-2012

Quote:
FpsLawl:
bump for justice!

^^

AgentCursez

08-01-2012

Ive found that some of the best solo que champions (for top) are Riven, Lee Sin and Rumble (although Im not sure how good he is after the nerfs.) These three champions are extremely dominant in lane and don't have any real counters when played correctly. They can also actually carry a game. Riven boasts a large amount of mobility, huge damage and good aoe, which makes up for bad teammates. Lee Sin has mobility, debuffs, natural armor, and a huge displacement tool. Rumble has one of (imo) the best ultimates in the game. Tell your team to fight in the jungle, r, profit. Best solo tops in current meta, at least from my experience.

Hirumonogatari

08-01-2012

we must be living in completely different time zones because i keep missing you guys.

how do you usually receive replays and such (i don't even know how to record / send replays >.&lt