Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Stuck in ELO Hell? Need pointers/help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScarletLove

07-31-2012

bump~

ShartDiaper

08-01-2012

usadcuzubad add me to your friends. I'll get around to doing the placement matches for ranked but I'd prefer to finish my rune pages yet. Those things take a lot of time to farm. I bought the 7 rune page bundle and have been playing for over a year now and they still aren't full, granted I work a full time job and this isn't the only thing I do in my spare time.

You seem like a nice, helpful person so I'd value more your critique and critical analysis on my game play than actually just having a ringer on my team for an easy win.

Thanks

ShartDiaper

08-01-2012

Quote:
C00LST0RYBR0:
http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/664874/ (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/redirect.php?do=verify&redirect_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.leaguereplays.com%2Freplays%2Fmatch%2F664874%2F)

This game nobody would have won. Even a 2900 elo player can't win 1v5 as a melee jungler. Yes, I could not have died, but that didn't really change anything.

It's very simple. If your mid counterpicks himself, your bot is half the CS of the enemy and feeds all game, there's just nothing that can be done, unless the enemies are complete morons. It's just not possible to win with half the gold with below average players by yourself, no matter how good you are.

Just trying to point out that you simply cannot win 20-30% of the games. You can however win the others.

----

Solo Q isn't about gameplay skill really. It's about your ability to win games with bad odds and with any means necessary, no matter what idiot teammates you shall recieve. So whatever makes you win is good. I hardly ever feed (like players you see here), or have bad scores that are cleary my fault. I think there is 1 game I've ever had over 9 death in the past 500 games or so. But that doesn't matter. Score doesn't matter either, really. I'm matched with people that don't get how this game works at all. If top gets camped and you die they blame you. Getting camped isn't your fault, your team needs to react by punishing the enemy for this, do dragon, puhs, gank or whatever. If they don't, well, your options are very limited. The only thing that matters is that you somehow win. And obviously I can't, otherwise I'd be higher elo.

There isn't really an elo hell, but elo doesn't have much to do with game knowledge or skill of the game itself. It's just your ability to win. I have plenty of game knowledge (math, mechanics, etc), that's not the reason I can't win. I just can't carry idiots. It's a flaw, I know. Maybe it's my subconsciousness, that wants them to lose.

I've been in the situations you've described at the top. Many, many times. You CAN pretty much win games on your own if you're really good. You need to single-handedly get fed really hard really early by ganking the enemy team like CRAZY to the point where they are weaker than your allies, and then push. I'd recommend AD simply because you have to assume your allies are too dumb to know how to run when they are low in a team fight and won't be alive to push if your team wins the team fight. That way you got that damage to drop that turret. Having some AOE also helps to dps down enemy minion waves so that your minions spend more time attacking and tanking the turrets.

moonway

08-01-2012

Quote:
ShartDiaper:
usadcuzubad add me to your friends. I'll get around to doing the placement matches for ranked but I'd prefer to finish my rune pages yet. Those things take a lot of time to farm. I bought the 7 rune page bundle and have been playing for over a year now and they still aren't full, granted I work a full time job and this isn't the only thing I do in my spare time.

You seem like a nice, helpful person so I'd value more your critique and critical analysis on my game play than actually just having a ringer on my team for an easy win.

Thanks

^_^ my pleasure

moonway

08-01-2012

Quote:
PooCoctail:
Here is my replay of me playing my favorite role with my favorite champion Graves. I'm aat 1073 elo and topped at 1301. Any tips on how I can improve?
http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/667064/

PooCoctail- LoL Replay

Situations:
1:40- RESULT: Less exp in lane, no help for your jungler PROBLEM/CAUSE: Didn't take golems when you are soraka/graves. You are tanky enough to take the damage from the golems and get healed to full after one heal from raka. It is missed out gold/exp. You also didnt help out your jungler at red...
11:20- RESULT: died in lane. PROBLEM/CAUSE: stayed too long with no mana/ 40% hp vs a fizz. Fizz can dive really easily with his burst and his ability to reset tower aggro with playful/trickster.
15:00- RESULT: died PROBLEM/CAUSE: stayed around with no hp/mana vs a fizz (can dive easily). If you're not going to contribute to the fight, you might as well just go back to heal.
21:45- RESULT: died to ezreal 1v1 when team pinged to gank PROBLEM/CAUSE: initiated on him too early when your team wasn't near. He was too oom to arcane shift so there was no need to bait for your team.

KEY THINGS:
- Last hit better. Aim for 100 by 14 min.
- Work on your laning phase
Additional Notes:
- Play aggressive when ezreal is oom. You have an infinite resource from soraka and make sure you spam spells as much as you can.
Strengths:
-Positioning in teamfights.

Weaknesses:
-Last hitting
-Knowing when to back

C00LST0RYBR0

08-01-2012

Quote:
usadcuzubad:
nytr0py's Replay

- You need to make sure your presence is known (especially as nocturne with a global ult) in your lanes that are losing. Just pressure the lanes and poke into brushes with wards in it so they know that you are close by.

Thanx for the info. I read all that and I know all that. As you might have seen in that replay, I tried to gank bot, but my ad and support where so bad that they couldnt make anything out of that. So you think I should rather gank a lane that isnt able to follow up a gank and is probably heavily warded (tribrush and river) over a lane where I can actually get a kill (like top). Obviously Kassadin is almost ungankable, that Karthus counterpicked himself.

I try not to flame teams, but this was absolutely over. Please don't say you could have carried this. I have carried games with 4 12 scores as Morde, yes it can be done, but not as jungler with 3 losing lanes. You can't be in 3 lanes and farm jungle at once. Once you lose control you also can't ward everything as you also need gold for items. When no lane is winning, you really can't do much as a jungle. From a mathematical standpoint it's impossible to 1v5 them.

Quote:
ShartDiaper:
I've been in the situations you've described at the top. Many, many times. You CAN pretty much win games on your own if you're really good. You need to single-handedly get fed really hard really early by ganking the enemy team like CRAZY to the point where they are weaker than your allies, and then push. I'd recommend AD simply because you have to assume your allies are too dumb to know how to run when they are low in a team fight and won't be alive to push if your team wins the team fight. That way you got that damage to drop that turret. Having some AOE also helps to dps down enemy minion waves so that your minions spend more time attacking and tanking the turrets.

I know. However, in that game I was jungler. You can't farm and help 3 losing lanes at the same time, especially bot was so bad they lost 2v3. It just like the Ezreals I've been getting all week, that go into melee range when fighting. You just wont win if your Ad carry is that stupid and can't stay at max range and dies in 1 second. It's a fundamental mistake that will cost your team the game.

moonway

08-01-2012

Quote:
C00LST0RYBR0:
Thanx for the info. I read all that and I know all that. As you might have seen in that replay, I tried to gank bot, but my ad and support where so bad that they couldnt make anything out of that. So you think I should rather gank a lane that isnt able to follow up a gank and is probably heavily warded (tribrush and river) over a lane where I can actually get a kill (like top). Obviously Kassadin is almost ungankable, that Karthus counterpicked himself.

I try not to flame teams, but this was absolutely over. Please don't say you could have carried this. I have carried games with 4 12 scores as Morde, yes it can be done, but not as jungler with 3 losing lanes. You can't be in 3 lanes and farm jungle at once. Once you lose control you also can't ward everything as you also need gold for items. When no lane is winning, you really can't do much as a jungle. From a mathematical standpoint it's impossible to 1v5 them.

Yes, but after how Sivir snowballed early in lane, you should have been asking your support to pink or get oracles and camp bot. The deaths of Karthus and Ezreal wasn't your fault (they walked in like idiots), but you could have possibly prevented it if you didn't chase or if you pinged to back. Honestly, playing nocturne jungle is pretty risky in solo queue because his ganks are subpar before lvl 6. Playing strong early game junglers (Alistar, Udyr, Lee Sin, Dr. Mundo) is much easier to carry your team with because of how easy it is to snowball and stop snowballs in lanes.

PooCoctail

08-01-2012

Quote:
usadcuzubad:
PooCoctail- LoL Replay

Situations:
1:40- RESULT: Less exp in lane, no help for your jungler PROBLEM/CAUSE: Didn't take golems when you are soraka/graves. You are tanky enough to take the damage from the golems and get healed to full after one heal from raka. It is missed out gold/exp. You also didnt help out your jungler at red...
11:20- RESULT: died in lane. PROBLEM/CAUSE: stayed too long with no mana/ 40% hp vs a fizz. Fizz can dive really easily with his burst and his ability to reset tower aggro with playful/trickster.
15:00- RESULT: died PROBLEM/CAUSE: stayed around with no hp/mana vs a fizz (can dive easily). If you're not going to contribute to the fight, you might as well just go back to heal.
21:45- RESULT: died to ezreal 1v1 when team pinged to gank PROBLEM/CAUSE: initiated on him too early when your team wasn't near. He was too oom to arcane shift so there was no need to bait for your team.

KEY THINGS:
- Last hit better. Aim for 100 by 14 min.
- Work on your laning phase
Additional Notes:
- Play aggressive when ezreal is oom. You have an infinite resource from soraka and make sure you spam spells as much as you can.
Strengths:
-Positioning in teamfights.

Weaknesses:
-Last hitting
-Knowing when to back

Wow. Thanks so much for the analysis. Now looking back at the replay I can see that I repeated those mistakes a lot. Gonna work on csing during lane phase. This really helps tysm.

Pubstomp

08-01-2012

Hi, I feel that i'm in ELO hell, but I shouldn't be, it's very frustrating because I was a moron.. right when I hit 30 boom, right into ranked. I didn't even know how too last hit. but it has made me a better player, and in 1 weeks time i have raised my ELO about +200, and have been carrying every game i go into, this too anybody stuck in "hell" you can do it, and by the way i main top.

Favorite Tops:
Lee Sin - My Thoughts On Lee - Is probably one of the best traders top because of his w and his slow, if you are playing against tops and you are good at lee, i can safely say that you have won that lane instantly because lee is such a good trader in early and mid. Also, do not pick lee sin first because he has some hard counters that you need too look out for.. My Personal Rating On Lee : 5/5.

Kennen - My Thoughts on Kennen - Kennen is very diverse in many ways, you can make a brake a good kennen by the way he controls his w passive.. The many problems with kennen is do you choose too waste your w passive on cs or being super aggressive in lane, this makes or brakes a good kennen player, you have too control this by csing with your q and saving w passive for trades, without his w passive you will loose alot of trades because with your w passive you apply it then w then q they're stunned instantly and you still have your e and your ult too use, this making kennen a solid pick top. My personal rating on kennen : 4/5

I have plenty more top picks that i would like too discuss but this is about ELO hell, well that is my story on my experience i'm not even close too being out but I have been making substantial progress with my ELO and hopefully soon too be in the 1600 area around in 1month, see you all guys in the game!

-Krayzeeeee

moonway

08-01-2012

Quote:
PooCoctail:
Wow. Thanks so much for the analysis. Now looking back at the replay I can see that I repeated those mistakes a lot. Gonna work on csing during lane phase. This really helps tysm.

^_^ no problem

Quote:
Krazyeeee:
Hi, I feel that i'm in ELO hell, but I shouldn't be, it's very frustrating because I was a moron.. right when I hit 30 boom, right into ranked. I didn't even know how too last hit. but it has made me a better player, and in 1 weeks time i have raised my ELO about +200, and have been carrying every game i go into, this too anybody stuck in "hell" you can do it, and by the way i main top.

Favorite Tops:
Lee Sin - My Thoughts On Lee - Is probably one of the best traders top because of his w and his slow, if you are playing against tops and you are good at lee, i can safely say that you have won that lane instantly because lee is such a good trader in early and mid. Also, do not pick lee sin first because he has some hard counters that you need too look out for.. My Personal Rating On Lee : 5/5.

Kennen - My Thoughts on Kennen - Kennen is very diverse in many ways, you can make a brake a good kennen by the way he controls his w passive.. The many problems with kennen is do you choose too waste your w passive on cs or being super aggressive in lane, this makes or brakes a good kennen player, you have too control this by csing with your q and saving w passive for trades, without his w passive you will loose alot of trades because with your w passive you apply it then w then q they're stunned instantly and you still have your e and your ult too use, this making kennen a solid pick top. My personal rating on kennen : 4/5

I have plenty more top picks that i would like too discuss but this is about ELO hell, well that is my story on my experience i'm not even close too being out but I have been making substantial progress with my ELO and hopefully soon too be in the 1600 area around in 1month, see you all guys in the game!

-Krayzeeeee

I'd have to agree about Lee/Kennen. You should try Riven/ Xin Zhao top also. They pubstomp in elo hell.