Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Anivia - Tactics and Items for Experienced Players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jaw33

10-25-2010

A nice guide for beginning. Let me add in a few things that I feel will help. If you are soloing in mid lane, I would go with Flash Frost for level 1, then get Frostbite whenever you can after that. If your opponent in mid is a movement spammer, then hitting them with a Flash Frost is much harder. Once you get to level 6, you can just run at them, lay down a Glacial Storm, Frostbite, and then run away. This does a considerable amount of damage, and will make the enemy think twice before standing there next time. This can also lead to lane domination, and exp denying, and in general, it is much easier to Storm -> Frostbite, than it is to Flash Frost a wily target.

I do agree with the basic item build too, but depending on how it is going, I would put a mejai's in there too. And my Frostbite harass build also is much easier if you get boots first.

Just my 2 cents, thanks.

EDIT: I go with ability power blues, MP5/level yellows, spell pen reds and flat health quints.

I tend to go with ignite for a second summoner skill, just because it makes killing healers much easier. I also feel that ghost is a better escape ability than flash is, at least in my experience. But to each his/her own.

Lightpaws

Recruiter

10-25-2010

Actually now that I think of it, I've read Robert Frost's poem.

But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

Ironically you only posted half of the poem, and this is the latter half. Another ironic point, is that I used the word latter. I now love this character even more- thank you for opening my eyes to this literature-linked reference.

Edit: Did I actually fail to mention that technique? I'll skim through my guide and just slip that in there, jaw33. Thanks a bunch. Although, I strongly disagree with snowball items in favor of constant stats or perks. You're maybe right about ghost being a better escape ability in some cases, but if I were carrying both spells and came up to a wall that I could either run around, or jump over- I'd just as sure jump over that wall. Both spells can put quite a bit of distance between you and an enemy, but if I want to run away from an enemy, I'll be slowing them down. =) Cheers.

jaw33

10-25-2010

I always enjoy contributing to an already excellent guide for Anivia, who happens to be my favorite champion. Thank you for taking the time to make this guide, it is truly appreciated.

EDIT: And excellent poem.