Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Yet another champion to easily overshadow Fiddlesticks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BroForgotnglory

09-10-2010

Quote:
FoxMindedGuy:
+1'ed you. I hope you keep this forum alive by +1ing by original post as well

There is much debate to go on.

Alrighty than

vvolfster

09-10-2010

I think fox was comparing fortune and fiddles' ultimates. Fortune can put out mad damage in 2 seconds and is a ranged carry while fiddle is a caster and still really can't compare. Fortune's ultimate hurts...A lot and so does her auto attacks and Q ability. Fiddle's only source of great damage is his ultimate. His auto attacks don't do ****. Clearly, fiddle's ult should be much more superior than what it is now to balance the game.

Fiddles is placed in the bottom of tier 4 by elementz and I rarely ever see a fiddle do much good anymore. He crowstorms, everyone focus fires and kills him before 2 seconds are over. His viability dropped even more in the current meta game of tanky dps characters. This is usually what happens now, fiddle ults, garen or some other tank runs in the storm of crows, kills fiddle two seconds later.

Fiddles counters squishies and other casters; he really can't kill tanks unless you go all magic pen early on in the game, and if you do, you die very very quickly. Fiddle, like many other tier 4 champions is really bad and is in need of a rework desperately.

Layotees

09-10-2010

Her ultimate is better than practically every other AoE damage ultimate. I'm not seeing how this is a Fiddlesticks specific issue.

vvolfster

09-10-2010

Quote:
Magitekk:
Fiddles is and will always be one of my favorite champions, and to this point no ultimate has come close to over-shadowing his. This happened a few days ago, actually.

We're talking about high elo here man. Your build makes me want pull my hair out. No ****ing survivability on an already squishy caster and no magic pen besides boots either. I'd stand in your ult with my dps sion and kill you in three hits. Garen will spin on you, silence you, execute you. Morde will have a force of nature and your ult will tickle him. Morde, who's what, tier 3 kills fiddles. Amumu will sit in the ult, crying his heart out, killing you faster than you kill him. Last time I checked, fiddles starts with 8 armor and has little or no armor gain. To this day, fiddles is the only character I have literally one shotted with Gangplank on more than one occasion.

In any case, terrible build, not really contributing to the discussion here. No offense meant.

havikryan

09-10-2010

did you knew kassadin totaly raped her with silence **** she is using her ultimate silence and bye bye ultimate.

Rephanz

09-10-2010

Fiddlesticks is really lackluster once you reach about 40 minutes should it go so far. Even with 400ap+ and 55% spell penetration and solid spell penetration (somewhere between 40-60 including runes) your damage tops off to a depressing level (AP could be higher but then you would be too squishy). The real hard counter to fiddlesticks is not magic resistance by itself but health. Fiddle takes long periods of time or luck to deal his maximum damage which most of the time put him at risk.

I was in a game that the entire enemy team began stacking health one way or another, frozen mallets and banshees or warmogs and frozen mallet. Granted my team was doing rather poorly so they just built a counter to me as I was the only one doing anything. I always feel at late game my fiddle scales terribly. But anyways this was mostly due to my team as fiddle is heavily team dependent and my team was awful.

BroForgotnglory

09-10-2010

Quote:
havikryan:
did you knew kassadin totaly raped her with silence **** she is using her ultimate silence and bye bye ultimate.

kassadin is her weakness. You could also say kassadin will rape fiddlesticks with his silence. Really its a moot point.

Quote:
Layotees:
Her ultimate is better than practically every other AoE damage ultimate. I'm not seeing how this is a Fiddlesticks specific issue.

Does cawcawcaw mean anything to you?

And its a fiddlesticks specific issue because it is being compared to fiddlesticks.

Retroromanic

09-10-2010

Quote:
B0nerchamp:
it's not like you spent 3 months leveling fiddlesticks, this isnt wow, he's still decent situationally like all the champs are.

I lol'd.

"leveling Fiddle"

Layotees

09-10-2010

Quote:
BroForgotnglory:
kassadin is her weakness. You could also say kassadin will rape fiddlesticks with his silence. Really its a moot point.

Does cawcawcaw mean anything to you?

And its a fiddlesticks specific issue because it is being compared to fiddlesticks.

Compare MF to Corki. Compare her to Twitch. These are her real analogs as far as team purpose.

These champions shouldn't even be compared. Fiddlesticks is brought for his ability to complete disrupt fights with his CC as well as his ult's surprise potential. Miss Fortune's purpose is to do damage; lots and lots of damage.

Fiddlesticks' issues have nothing to do with his damage potential, which is exactly what Miss Fortune has over him and everyone else she's displacing. She's stronger than him in an aspect that doesn't make him unwanted. What killed OP Fiddle? Reducing the amount of time Godwind could lock an entire team out of their abilities.

His abilities need tweaking. His damage doesn't.

Fiddle

09-10-2010

The total damage from fortune's ultimate is nothing compared to fiddlestick's (potentially with just three ap items 500+ magic damage per second along with some magic reduction from an abyssals, or more depending on the champion. including -35 magic pen)

The fact it comes with a blink, a snare (more so with rylais, or the randiun's and exhaust I ran with) and the flash/ghost many people run with make it rather easy to get at least get one person.

Kennen's potential damage isn't even close, as it can only hit one target at a time and only up to three times. The utility it comes with is nice, but annie is probably a better pick as a caster if a aoe stun was wanted. (personally I just solo queue with a kennen as fiddle. Oomph up that lightning storm with some CAWCAWCAW)

Main problem with Fiddlesticks is the current meta game, alone his ultimate won't do much to a 3000 hp vladimir at level nine. Added with the fact he'll be needing a good team comp and communication, he isn't as ban worthy as tierlists had predicted him to be.
Unless he goe's mid or jungles(with smite), he won't be bringing much to the table unless he's able to get a couple of kills early game once the team fights start rolling in. Especially with the many characters nowadays that stack hp/mr.