Yet another champion to easily overshadow Fiddlesticks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ferisar

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxMindedGuy View Post
She is a safe distance away from any form of CC. You know that as well.
Which means I'm a safe distance from her doing anything as I run out of it. Fiddle's ultimate does more damage, and you shouldn't be the one initiating anyway. (Unless you're absolutely positive that your team will react fast enough)

FoxMindedGuy

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelen View Post
1. I never use fiddle ulti into a bunch of enemies by myself, that's suicidal, although often time people still fail to realize that it's a lot faster to kill a soloing-ulti fiddle than to run away from him.
2. I always couple fiddle ulti with fear+Drain = 99% to kill at least 1 champ.
3. fiddle is gank oriented, so alway use him from bush/ jungle and surprise them.
so, the 2 champ require very different style, can't compare.
If you are going to waste your ult on one person, why not pick a champion that does it better on single target champions (say Veigar, Ryze even, Annie can drop single target champions a lot quicker as well but she is good in team fights as well, so is a skilled Veigar).

HGT Lancelen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2010

Quote:
If you are going to waste your ult on one person, why not pick a champion that does it better on single target champions (say Veigar, Ryze even, Annie can drop single target champions a lot quicker as well but she is good in team fights as well, so is a skilled Veigar).
Killing 1 person with 1 ulti is not a waste.

average ulti of each champion is 1 1/2 minutes cool down? ill be happy to kill 1 champ / ultimate from level 6 for the rest of the game. and I said for sure to kill one champ doesn't mean I didn't absolutely no dmg to the other champs.

FoxMindedGuy

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferisar View Post
Which means I'm a safe distance from her doing anything as I run out of it. Fiddle's ultimate does more damage, and you shouldn't be the one initiating anyway. (Unless you're absolutely positive that your team will react fast enough)
Valid point, Fiddlesticks can cast skills after the 2 second channeling. But isn't Fortune done in 2 seconds and can cast skills after?

There is no dispute of the damage, Fiddlesticks will definitely hurt more. And you are right before Fiddlesticks could initiate, now he has to pick up kills.

But here is the problem, there are so many ways to counter Fiddlesticks, some of which include:

1) Have your tank go for Fiddlesticks before the team fight begins, tanks are usually not focused and wasted CC on. This makes Fiddlesticks disabled as he can't ult because the tank will CC him out of it.
2) Careful placement of wards.
3) Commit to a fight and then a second after back out a little bit. This works wonders. Fiddlesticks is slow as hell, can't catch up to most champions, his fear range is relatively small and thus backing out after initial commitment just forces him to cry as his ultimate is wasted. I have personally used this tactic against so many Fiddlesticks, it is not even funny.

BroForgotnglory

09-10-2010

Fiddlsticks is defintly overshadowed but for me i find that fiddle just isnt fun or rewarding to play, 99% of the time.

Personally i think the two biggest problems of with fiddesticks ult is 1. flash range is to small, and 2. It takes time to charge. This forces him to rely on the summoner spells flash and ghost just to be sure he gets people caught in his ult. It creates a sorta dependance on summoner skills which i dont think feels to good when playing him. Its like, o **** my flash is down i shouldnt use my ultimate. This is why i wouldnt mind seeing fiddlesticks ult be more like howling gale with jana where charging it up is optional, and doing so may increase the range of the built in flash, and damage done.

In otherwords, make it so that if fiddle can double click "r" to use his ult instantly with less damage from the aoe, but still allow him to charge it to its current power while increasing the flash distance per second it was charged. I think a minor change like this would feel more satisfying as many an enemy can wander out of the ult range while the ult is charging, so i'd rather do less damage than no damage at all while the enemy types out, CAWCAWVAWFAIL. And besides, who likes waiting in a bush for 20 years, hoping that the enemy doesnt notice the little "FIDDLESTICKS IS IN THAT BUSH debuff, placed on them".

FoxMindedGuy

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroForgotnglory View Post
Fiddlsticks is defintly overshadowed but for me i find that fiddle just isnt fun or rewarding to play, 99% of the time.

Personally i think the two biggest problems of with fiddesticks ult is 1. flash range is to small, and 2. It takes time to charge. This forces him to rely on the summoner spells flash and ghost just to be sure he gets people caught in his ult. It creates a sorta dependance on summoner skills which i dont think feels to good when playing him. Its like, o **** my flash is down i shouldnt use my ultimate. This is why i wouldnt mind seeing fiddlesticks ult be more like howling gale with jana where charging it up is optional, and doing so may increase the range of the built in flash, and damage done.

In otherwords, make it so that if fiddle can double click "r" to use his ult instantly with less damage from the aoe, but still allow him to charge it to its current power while increasing the flash distance per second it was charged. I think a minor change like this would feel more satisfying as many an enemy can wander out of the ult range while the ult is charging, so i'd rather do less damage than no damage at all while the enemy types out, CAWCAWVAWFAIL. And besides, who likes waiting in a bush for 20 years, hoping that the enemy doesnt notice the little "FIDDLESTICKS IS IN THAT BUSH debuff, placed on them".
+1'ed you. I hope you keep this forum alive by +1ing by original post as well

There is much debate to go on.

murphymcmanus

09-10-2010

Quote:
She is a safe distance away from any form of CC. You know that as well. But you are entitled to your views.

Anyway, answer this:

Would you rather have Fiddlesticks in your team or Miss Fortune?
Assuming either pick is made in a vaccum (that is neither one would off set the balance of the team) personally I'd take the character with 1 hard CC, and 1 team-wide soft cc (silence) as opposed to the character with 1 unreliable aoe slow. They both do enormous AOE damage, but frankly Fiddle brings much more to the team.

Also caster vs ranged physical, its not quite apples and oranges but they're by no means the same either.

Kama Toki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2010

Math still says fiddle is better.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...68#post2760068

Miss fortune comes up short on AOE damage, even when you factor in her steroid skill.

Magitekk

09-10-2010

Fiddles is and will always be one of my favorite champions, and to this point no ultimate has come close to over-shadowing his. This happened a few days ago, actually.
*******http://i55.tinypic.com/ige1hk.png********

BroForgotnglory

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelen View Post
1. I never use fiddle ulti into a bunch of enemies by myself, that's suicidal, although often time people still fail to realize that it's a lot faster to kill a soloing-ulti fiddle than to run away from him.
2. I always couple fiddle ulti with fear+Drain = 99% to kill at least 1 champ.
3. fiddle is gank oriented, so alway use him from bush/ jungle and surprise them.
so, the 2 champ require very different style, can't compare.

Wards + people watching for fiddles debuff = failed gank. Failed gank = failed fiddle = Better choices.

I am in no way saying fiddle is a bad champion, its just like the op said, he's easy to shut down.

It's true that they require different playstyles, but the more reliable pick would obviously be miss fortune, as fiddlesticks relys on enemies playing badly or not communicating.

Games as fiddle either go 2 ways.

1. Wheres fiddlestCAWCAWCAWCAWCAW.. an enemy has been slain.

2. Fiddlesticks is heading top! KILL IT WITH FIRE. A fiddlesticks has been slain.