Yet another champion to easily overshadow Fiddlesticks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FoxMindedGuy

09-10-2010

As more and more champions are brought into the league, Fiddlesticks is being overshadowed by more and more of them.

Sarah Fortune, the new recruit to LOL, has also stepped ahead of Fiddlesticks. Another one that recently got ahead of the scarecrow was Kennen, not in terms of damage but in terms of utility (team stun) and also reliability.

Anyway here is why Fiddlesticks ultimate is worse than Fortune's:
- Fiddlesticks does the job in 7 seconds (2 seconds channel + 5 seconds of AOE damage), while Fortune takes 2 seconds.
- No channeling for Sarah Fortune, can easily pick up out of range running champions.
- Sarah can deal massive aoe damage to team from a safe distance away, Fiddlesticks has to risk his butt. Thus, you need to be concerned about not dieing instantly (maybe buy hp items instead of going pure ap mode)... With Fortune, there is no such worries, she ults from like half the map away.
- (Point brought up by Ferisar): Both Fiddlesticks and Sarah can't use other skills for the initial 2 seconds of their ultimate (which is channeling). But Sarah deals damage from the moment it is activated (from 0.1 miliseconds onwards to 2 seconds), while Fiddlesticks damage comes after the 2 seconds of channeling. Both Fiddlesticks and Miss Fortune can use skills freely after the two seconds.

I am not saying Fortune does more damage than Fiddlesticks, but she is a safer pick and is more reliable. Fiddlesticks is very high risk/not so high reward at the moment due to so much tanky items and champions. And he is very easily countered.

Now I mentioned Kennen over Fiddlesticks because of the utility and reliability again:
- Kennen has no channeling for ultimate, deals decent AOE damage and stuns targets inside it.
- He has built in speed skill to compensate for chasing blinkers/runners.
- His other skills allow him to stun as well.
- Runs on energy, which regens much faster than mana.
- Un-interrupt-able ultimate and that without a prior channeling time.

This is in no way a QQ thread. I am just analyzing the champions and the imbalance between risk and reward at the moment. High reliability should not have such high rewards that champions with high risk are overshadowed.

Anyway that is what I think, you all are entitled to your opinion and I would love if you guys shed light on this topic. What do you think? Has burst finally become the ultimate choice? Would you rather have a Fiddlesticks on your team or Kennen? What about the choice between Fiddlesticks and Sarah?

Yoshiku

09-10-2010

her ult has a built in slow? wow where do I get this version of the hero?

sweatersDC

09-10-2010

I don't think Miss Fortune's ultimate has a built-in slow

FoxMindedGuy

09-10-2010

Sorry was still thinking of her when she was in Test Realm. Thanks for the correction, changed it. Still she is a safer and more reliable pick than Fiddlesticks.

Toothbeef

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2010

it's not like you spent 3 months leveling fiddlesticks, this isnt wow, he's still decent situationally like all the champs are.

Ferisar

09-10-2010

Yeah, except MF doesn't have a team-wide silence, a fear, and an ultimate that makes people **** bricks. At least she can't move hers and can actually be interrupted.

HGT Lancelen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-10-2010

1. I never use fiddle ulti into a bunch of enemies by myself, that's suicidal, although often time people still fail to realize that it's a lot faster to kill a soloing-ulti fiddle than to run away from him.
2. I always couple fiddle ulti with fear+Drain = 99% to kill at least 1 champ.
3. fiddle is gank oriented, so alway use him from bush/ jungle and surprise them.
so, the 2 champ require very different style, can't compare.

FoxMindedGuy

09-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferisar View Post
Yeah, except MF doesn't have a team-wide silence, a fear, and an ultimate that makes people **** bricks. At least she can't move hers and can actually be interrupted.
She is a safe distance away from any form of CC. You know that as well. But you are entitled to your views.

Anyway, answer this:

Would you rather have Fiddlesticks in your team or Miss Fortune?

BigDaddyDelish

09-10-2010

Because, you know, a phys carry is definitely comparable to a caster...

Sorry man, but not only is Fiddlesticks still a solid caster, but your comparison to Fortune holds no ground.

Unicorn Envy

09-10-2010

It's quite easier to dodge MFs Ulti than a Fiddle's Ult when they are both in the middle of your team. Fiddle can also cast spells while his Ult is active.