Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jax Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Dmt

07-30-2012

Could someone Recommend a good build for jax and what lane to go with him and i will now jungle

Agathora

07-31-2012

Well I've played Jax for a little while and i use a build from mobafire, which works very well for me i start off with Dorans Shield and then go with Ninja Tabi,Sheen, Phage, Bilgewater Cutlass, and finish with Hextech-Gunblade (even tho its been nerfed its still nice) ... you can also try infinity edge as well .. top is really aggressive atm and Jax's early game isn't too bad with his harass.. but i go bot for the most part. try and get a tank with you that can take damage while your farm... Goodluck!

LimitedRange

07-31-2012

As the above post has recommend I use a build from Mobafire.com as well. I start with Boots of Speed and x3 Health Potions, then go Wriggle's Lantern, Ninja Tabi, Hextech Revolver (as soon as you can finish into Hextech-Gunblade), Trinity Force, Maw of Malmortius, Warmog's Armor.

Starting items and last two items you can switch up a bit to your liking.

You can learn more about the build as well as other stuff about Jax below.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/jax-the-grandmaster-172710

infinite design

07-31-2012

I've never tried jungling with Jax but I would agree with building the wriggle's before any other core item (excluding boots). In lane, he is good bot but can also solo top due to his CC from E and dodge (but is highly suspectible to ganks because he is so slow early game). I usually go Tabis or Treads depending on who you are laning against, then I rush Trinity Force in this order- Sheen > Phage > Zeal. Sheen's passive and all the effects Trinity Force have will help you greatly. After Trinity, Gunblade is a core item because it gives you the active CC/Damage as well as the life steal (a crucial stat that Trinity is missing). After that, I tend to build a Guinsoos (since all 3 of these items are hybrid). You can then go tanky afterwards with Fromogs and such. Not claiming to be an expert but this is just what I build on Jax (not doing so well lately however :/)

arcticnerd

07-31-2012

Quote:
Agathora:
Well I've played Jax for a little while and i use a build from mobafire, which works very well for me i start off with Dorans Shield and then go with Ninja Tabi….

Ah… ok so now I understand, you’re not level 30 yet. Just as an FYI the Dorans items are a new player trap. They seems great as they give a lot of stats but boots and 3 pots give you more sustain in the lane and a better chance to avoid skill shots and ganks. Having him go bot lane is an interesting idea though. If you can send someone like Caitlyn top then Jax could go bottom with a heavy sustain support and wreck some of the low mobility ad carries.

As for Jax I honestly don’t play him often but when I do I like to go ap heavy with a Gunblade and then Lichbane into some defensive item. Probably not the best build but it does give a lot of front end burst. This is top lane Jax btw. I have no idea how to jungle.

You should also check out the solo mid guide page. They have a lot of in depth champion builds and guides.

Lord Dmt

08-01-2012

Thanks this all helped i already read the Solo Mid builds and i am using the grandmasters might build on mobafire if there is a better build then that one please say so

ToyotaMode

08-02-2012

I reccomend Lolpro for all build guides. AS they are posted by legit pros and not just some rando kid on mobafire.
The Jax guide on Lolpro has served me very well in the past.
Best of Luck!