Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best way to get IP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AznMichael

09-10-2010

I know you get the most from winning, but last time I got like 230 IP (13/2) and then I won again and i got like 90 IP (10/3). Why is there such a massive IP difference? And how do I maximize the amount of IP I earn?

Metta Game

09-10-2010

Quote:
AznMichael:
I know you get the most from winning, but last time I got like 230 IP (13/2) and then I won again and i got like 90 IP (10/3). Why is there such a massive IP difference? And how do I maximize the amount of IP I earn?

It was probably your First Win of the Day bonus, which gives you 2x as much XP for your first win of the day.

Only way to maximize your IP is to win games, and farm IP, by doing the maximum number of practice matches per day allowed by your current level. The practice games will say "IP farm" or "12 minutes" in them. Oh, and buy boosts if you got the money.

xathil

09-10-2010

Please refer to the server stability update. (basically 4 free IP boosts if you played in the last 60 days)
you also get 150 ip per day for your first win (it tells you after each game how long until your win of day day IP boost is available)

Dark Nodoka

12-14-2010

I have same question I diddnt have my first game yet at 3-0-4 i gained 240 ip hows that possible? Do time kills deaths and other thing affect it as well?

Greenfin Tuna

Recruiter

12-14-2010

The best way i found to farm IP was to play vs a computer with sivir and end the game within 14minutes. instantly recieving 70 IP

seajaydub

12-14-2010

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:yVbijHMazdKUEM:http://i696.photobucket.com/albums/vv329/t_chau/holy_thread_resurrection_batman.jpg&t=1

Junior members...

CudgeltheClever

12-15-2010

win?

Khizuato

03-09-2011

I think farming IP is for noobs, and you will get banned so dont farm!

Pplofdaworld

03-09-2011

and you will get banned so dont farm

- Obviously stated in the rules

lubuck

10-03-2011

i once ent 46/2/20 in pvp and i won but i only got like 280.once my bro got a way worse kd than me and the game was longer but it was a win too and he got more ip.does anyone kno how that happend?