Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Probably the best HUD ideas ever

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SSj Heimerdinger

07-30-2012

A secondary monitor. That's it.
For example, if you click on a ward, a small secondary display with show up right above your minimap roughly half the size of the minimap but you will have the ability to react faster with that second monitor locked where the ward is, you should also be able to click on fellow champions to see what they are doing too or if an enemy is in sight, see them and if they come out of sight the monitor will disappear. If the ward is out, the monitor will disappear too.
I find this will make map awareness SO much better especially for players who prefer to lock screen...which comes into my next idea:

An ability to change where the lock screen is at, for example if you prefer your character to be at the edge rather than the center of your camera, then you should be able to lock it there or change it somewhere else, and then there would be a button to default it back to center.

My final idea is to have map timers, if you cleared a part of the jungle everyone on your team should be aware of it and rather than having it on the HUD(where it would clutter everyone)
have it simply display where the monsters used to be and then have it so if they click on the number, they could watch the number with the secondary monitor. (this will allow junglers multiple ways to make use of the secondary monitor, they can watch the enemy, watch their jungle OR watch a ward.)

Also if an enemy is clicked and the monitor disappears, it will reappear when the enemy returns, just to avoid multiple clicks on enemies.
Perhaps a key like shift+right click to choose what to monitor

SSj Heimerdinger

07-30-2012

Bump for quality of life!

Quoaz

07-31-2012

The monitors idea sounds a bit clicking and cluttered intensive to me. but I FULLY Support changing where the screen lock is based upon where the champion is.

This would make last hitting as a ranged ad carry that's on purple team a MILLION times better.

SSj Heimerdinger

07-31-2012

Quote:
Quoaz:
The monitors idea sounds a bit clicking and cluttered intensive to me. but I FULLY Support changing where the screen lock is based upon where the champion is.

This would make last hitting as a ranged ad carry that's on purple team a MILLION times better.

Hopefully by thursday I will provide a photoshop of what it would look like, it would be a really small display half the size of the map just to aid in ward awareness