Zyra - Creative Design Ask Me Anything

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calirou

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skribbles View Post
I'd like to respectfully reserve comment here. There might be some fun opportunity to explore this in the future. I'd be interested to hear what you guys think/thought she might be.
would be crazy if that sorceress was Lilith, who was in Ryze's judgement, http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/league-judgment-ryze
and Ryze's lore states that his magic is "thorn" magic... and Zyra's title is Rise of the Thorns... so maybe Lillith was looking for the ultimate thorn magic O . O

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-30-2012

Quote:
That's a pretty neat idea for an ability, although I think a lot of work would be needed to balance something like that, and it might detract from the core theme of her kit.
What if instead of hitting every champion in a line, it stopped at the first champion. Upon hitting a champion, if she finished them off, she would get a second shot of her passive (at reduced damage), and this would continue until she didn't fire her passive or didn't kill a champion with it. (Or it hit every champion in a line until she finished one off, then it would stop.)

This would be a lot easier to balance, and would give the feeling that she was trying to stay alive as long as possible, even if it were a futile effort.

Daharon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

Does Zyra have any kind of hatred towards humans or she just kills them to feed herself? I know Maokai hates humans because they created magic.

Also related, where's all this anger coming from? She used to kill animals to eat when she was a plant, but now it looks like she's evil just for the sake of being evil.

bubbabinsky

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
That's a gameplay question, he can't answer that probably ;p
errr... Oh.

I'm new to these things.

Tormound

07-30-2012

What is Zyra's reason for joining the league?
Also if this isnt the first AMA can someone give me links to previous AMA?

Liath

07-30-2012

Quote:
I'd like to respectfully reserve comment here. There might be some fun opportunity to explore this in the future. I'd be interested to hear what you guys think/thought she might be.
I also think she might have been/be Lilith. I have another non-conflicting theory... /*deep breath*/

... that the crystals that store energy have different types of energies, and that Runes are stones which look like quartz, basically, they're weaker, more readily accessible stores of the same types of energies.

... that the energies of crystals in the soil and rocks in Zyra's jungle contributed heavily to her evolution and awareness, and also to the way that her consciousness was able to convert into energy, then back into a suitable container, similar to something that might have created and "charged" all of these crystals a LONG LONG time ago.

... that the mage had opened this pathway for Zyra's transfer by tinkering with the crystals similar to how Xerath probably opened a portal to the VOID in Icathia, except this mage's crystals were not holding the same form of energy..

... that people think I'm high. (I just actually have a really terrible job)

Dr Toenail

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

Quote:
I have pinged Art re: tattoos. I don't think Zyra and Trundle have crossed paths (at least prior to the League). We're aware that Trundle has limited interactions and we have been thinking of some ways to tie him in a bit more, hopefully we'll have something for you.
I am pleased. Very very pleased.

May a thousand hugs and nutella jars be graced upon you Skribbles. Also may no LEGO ever touch your foot again.

Thryale

07-30-2012

Has ezreal at any point in his prior adventures come across zyra or one of her relatives in plant form?

Majin Bl3u

07-30-2012

Hello, please look at my thread concerning Zyra's passive: the thread

I spent a lot of time on this thread and would really appreciate your opinion. Also if you could respond in that thread rather than this one it'd be nice

Thanks!

SeriouS LolruS

07-30-2012

I'm a Zyra roleplayer on tumblr and so far I'm happy to see that you and I had the same ideas, Skribbles, but I want to know if Zyra's biology gives her the opportunity to repopulate her species. Most particularly the gender (the board censored the proper word, phooey) of her seedlings. Would Zyra be able to repopulate her species using the pollen from male seedlings? Would the Institute have stoppers on her to prevent her from doing this?

(You can find my lore reinterpretation here.)

12345678 ... 9