Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lyte, Report Abuse Is Still A Problem

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeathCrunch

07-30-2012

Original thread is here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2316634

Quote:
Lyte:
I've mentioned this before in other threads, but we do not allow reporting of other people in a Tribunal case because it is usually redundant--they usually already have their own cases in the Tribunal.

Imagine this:
Case 1, Reported Person: Jax
Another toxic player in the same game: Lulu

Case 2, Reported Person: Lulu
Another toxic player in the same game: Jax

If we allow players to report others in the Tribunal case, we'd just see repeated reports for Lulu and Jax just stacking up over and over.

My response: Simple coding fix, "If Jax = open tribunal case, then flag Jax as unreportable."

Quote:
Lyte:
I am unsure the value of letting the same person judge multiple people in the same case. They will have their own case, with their own reviewers--it's a fair system.

Quote:
Lyte:
I never said the players would be in the Tribunal because of that one match. What we find is that the players that are 'toxic' in a Tribunal case tend to have their own Tribunal case with their own set of games--no one is ever in the Tribunal because of 1 game.

The problem with linking cases, or giving players ways of reporting 'tertiary' players in a Tribunal case is that we would be doing development work for something the Tribunal already is handling--it's not efficient use of our time.

Quote:
Lyte:
I agree with you actually, the player's opinion and perception that he's making a difference is extremely important. We're working on things that will greatly improve the feedback to players (both reviewers for the Tribunal, and players banned by the Tribunal). I think you'll agree that we are working on is far better value than doing redundant linking of cases or letting you identify toxic players that the Tribunal has already identified.

Quote:
Lyte:
We find that most people already have a case. A small subset are on their way to the Tribunal already; in other words, the Tribunal has identified them as toxic potential and a case just hasn't been built yet. An even smaller subset of players actually are not in the Tribunal or on the path to the Tribunal, but the percentage is so small I'm unsure doing case linking or tertiary reporting in a Tribunal case is more value than other things we could be working on.

Point 1:
If the other worse trolls are being punished, we need to know it somehow. We really really really really really need to know it.

Why? Because now that report cards are made public, the Tribunal seems like an unfair system.

You can insist that they're being punished, but it doesn't change the way people feel about the system. The Tribunal still FEELS really unfair when I'm being punished because some guy trolled me for 20 minutes non-stop and I got fed up and said, "Piss off mother****er." For all we know, the guy trolling me for 20 minutes got off scott-free.

We want the cross-report feature so that we can do MORE to thwart the trolls, even if it ultimately doesn't matter at the end of the day, we need the power, and we need the certainty that the system is fair.

Point 2: Tribunalists need a tool to punish people who abuse the report system. It's not enough to say, "They'll get punished."

If Tribunalists have the power to punish abusers, it will severely decrease the amount of false reporting and remove this source of toxicity from the game.

Conclusion:

It's not about whether or not the "bigger of the trolls" is also being Tribunaled (we'll just take your word on that). If you give Tribunalists the power to fully moderate, you're going to fundamentally cut down behavioral problems at the source.

Simple example:
Your 4 troll teammates spend 20 minutes berating you: " **** you ****er you're so reported for intentionally feeding and being a ******."
You: "Go right ahead "

Shiister

07-30-2012

@ 2nd point People who make false reports will have their report cred. lessen so their reports won't make it into the Tribunal anymore or it will take more of their reports to go to Tribunal

@1st point Would it be nice to know that someone such as a premade got reported and punished for abusing a solo player? Sure, but it not something Tribunal is really there for.

I don't want a cross-report feature, I like having a case given to me with one person I need to focus on, if I have 4 people acting up that are in a premade when why should I pick between the 4 of them to punish? Let me punish 1 and the 3 others land in the hands of others that will take care of them.

DeathCrunch

07-30-2012

Quote:
Shiister:
@ 2nd point People who make false reports will have their report cred. lessen so their reports won't make it into the Tribunal anymore or it will take more of their reports to go to Tribunal

My counterpoint:

That may be true, but we need some form of transparency.

When I'm getting 4-trolled in a game, I have no way of knowing that their report credibility is low.

And I actually want their report crediblity to be high so they can trigger a Tribunal case against me that results in them being banned.

If I'm a squeaky-clean player, I want to be rewarded in the knowledge that the people trolling me and reporting me are going to experience Justice.

DeathCrunch

07-30-2012

Quote:
Shiister:

@1st point Would it be nice to know that someone such as a premade got reported and punished for abusing a solo player? Sure, but it not something Tribunal is really there for.

Tribunal's purpose is to dole out justice.

Cross-reporting says to the community, "This system is fair. It has checks-and-balances built into it."

There's more to Tribunal than JUST punish/pardon. The perception of the system as being fair is critical to its use as a deterrant against trolling.

DeathCrunch

07-30-2012

Quote:
Shiister:

I don't want a cross-report feature, I like having a case given to me with one person I need to focus on, if I have 4 people acting up that are in a premade when why should I pick between the 4 of them to punish? Let me punish 1 and the 3 others land in the hands of others that will take care of them.

If you're truly interested in cleaning up the community, then you shouldn't mind the (optional) ability to increase the amount of justice you're doling out.

lolLuckylol

07-30-2012

This DeathCrunch knows whats up, wish the fanboys and the lazy company doing anything to save some staff costs on behalf of customers could learn a bit from him

Shiister

07-30-2012

Quote:
DeathCrunch:
My counterpoint:

That may be true, but we need some form of transparency.

When I'm getting 4-trolled in a game, I have no way of knowing that their report credibility is low.

And I actually want their report crediblity to be high so they can trigger a Tribunal case against me that results in them being banned.

If I'm a squeaky-clean player, I want to be rewarded in the knowledge that the people trolling me and reporting me are going to experience Justice.

So you want false reports to = suspensions? Good idea and I truly like this idea, but then only clear cases of Int. feeding would get punished instead of someone discreetly feeding at the end. For Riot to make it so false reports = suspension they would have to allow replays or time-stamps of deaths and kills. I'm going to upvote you in hopes that this idea get implented I would love to see something such as this, would cut down on "report XXX for feeding" when they just playing poorly. Kudos DC.

Shiister

07-30-2012

Quote:
DeathCrunch:
If you're truly interested in cleaning up the community, then you shouldn't mind the (optional) ability to increase the amount of justice you're doling out.

If I'm able to punish more than 1 person, then I would like this idea, but if you keeping it to punish 1 person, but viewing the whole team as offenders then no. Give me the ability to punish more than 1 person then I be okay with this idea.

Redjik

07-30-2012

Step One: Troll creates thread

Step Two: Troll Trolls

Step Three: People respond seriously

Step Four: Troll Smileyface

lolLuckylol

07-30-2012

Quote:
Redjik:
Step One: Troll creates thread

Step Two: Troll Trolls

Step Three: People respond seriously

Step Four: Troll Smileyface

hey fanboy go brownnose riot some more, or go to the tribunal and instalock some more punish's cya