If we got the "Black Champions" ...

12345612 ... 22
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SMCForum

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
I have Black Alistar and Nocturne, so I don't really know what's up with the "ZOMG NO BLACK CHAMPIONS" thing.
Black alistar is a cow or minotaur if you will.

Nocturne is a magical nightmare creature that was brought into this world by a freak occurance of league magic. He's sort of like Freddy Krueger.

Don't play coy on this controversial issue.

People are specifically referring to a champion that is racially "black" or "african american".

Arikuto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eserine View Post
Once again, there are many modern games with black human characters where this has not been an issue, and further they can make multiple black characters with different noses to demonstrate that they are capable of transcending the prejudices on display in this thread as you characterize the online community as obsessed with political correctness.

I feel like most forum posters are not aware that Riot employees have acknowledged on numerous occasions (including last week) that no black human characters exist in the game, so arguing that any character seems "partially black" or "sort of black or maybe indian" when the company itself, beyond those thousands of players posting on the forum all the time on this issue, agrees that there aren't any, is a very bad line of argument to pursue.

The official statement is similar to what is posted directly above "Black people are impossible because it is a fantasy world". which understandably is a very poor rationalization, ill-concealing deeper motivations I think are apparent.
Maybe this is exactly why they haven't released a black champion yet? Because of all the controversy over all of us players? I'm not impartial to a black champion and yes I have seen several games with black characters, it would indeed be a nice change of pace to have black champions. I'm not saying it's impossible to have black skinned champions in the game cause it's fantasy (see Human Ryze skin) and I have indeed seen their posts about them acknowledging there are no black champions, but maybe there is a good reason they haven't yet? Maybe they should put off releasing a champ for a bit and create a nice line-up of other race champs such as hispanics and blacks with obviously appropriate voice acting, and release them in a steady pace. I also realize I worded my previous statement in a way that it sounded a bit harsh, and to that I apologize.

LucidFlux

07-30-2012

I'm just going to link to my thread because it pretty much sums up my opinion...

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2415803

Brianmc

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMCForum View Post
Most people would be aghast at riot for their insensitivity.

I mean a black person always summonable by some power brokering robed figure, who is no doubt a honkey... forced to fight and run around for said honkies causes that they have no stake in and get no benefits or rewards from.

Sounds alot like you people that want black champions really want to virtually live the Liberian dream.

You all should be ashamed of yourselves.
Well riot where are the GAY AND LESBIAn CCHAMPZZZ!!!!

....Oh wait we have ezreal....

RIOT WHERE ARE THE LESBIANZ!!!

Arikuto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianmc View Post
RIOT WHERE ARE THE LESBIANZ!!!
To make a funny, Taric.

To be literal, most girls make out with girls for fun and some for other reasons, I'm sure the women of LoL are no different (such as Ahri and MF maybe?). So why even ask this? And if that wasn't satisfying of an answer the closest possible examples I can give you are Leona or Diana

Eserine

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikuto View Post
Maybe this is exactly why they haven't released a black champion yet? Because of all the controversy over all of us players? I'm not impartial to a black champion and yes I have seen several games with black characters, it would indeed be a nice change of pace to have black champions. I'm not saying it's impossible to have black skinned champions in the game cause it's fantasy (see Human Ryze skin) and I have indeed seen their posts about them acknowledging there are no black champions, but maybe there is a good reason they haven't yet? Maybe they should put off releasing a champ for a bit and create a nice line-up of other race champs such as hispanics and blacks with obviously appropriate voice acting, and release them in a steady pace. I also realize I worded my previous statement in a way that it sounded a bit harsh, and to that I apologize.
Not only is there not a single good reason to exclude characters of other ethnicities, Riot Ezreal has actually promised that black characters will be added over a year and a half ago when a player asked him. A broad lineup would be wonderful but month after month no champion even comes close to this, we just get more Dariuses and Dravens. Protest threads overturn mountains of bigotry and silly rationalizations even as they are closed over and over by disgustingly immature forum posters like the OP, and Riot comes back with more lies and flimsy reasoning that merely illustrates their actual motives in denying that such ethnicities have any place "in a fantasy world", which really means "in their fantasy world".

Eladeus

07-30-2012

Isn't Malzahar black? He's one of my favorite champs. Although I see his skin is white on some of the spalsh art, but his ingame skin color looks black.

Larias

Adjudicator

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMCForum View Post
Don't play coy on this controversial issue.
Don't know me very well, do you?

Arikuto

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eserine View Post
Not only is there not a single good reason to exclude characters of other ethnicities, Riot Ezreal has actually promised that black characters will be added over a year and a half ago when a player asked him. A broad lineup would be wonderful but month after month no champion even comes close to this, we just get more Dariuses and Dravens. Protest threads overturn mountains of bigotry and silly rationalizations even as they are closed over and over by disgustingly immature forum posters like the OP, and Riot comes back with more lies and flimsy reasoning that merely illustrates their actual motives in denying that such ethnicities have any place "in a fantasy world", which really means "in their fantasy world".
I myself have only been playing for little over a year and only earlier this month have I gotten into the forums so I have no prior knowledge to anything they have claimed before then. The only things we can really do are continue QQing on the forums and wait or just simply wait, but I do hope they do release them soon so the forums wont have a "black champion where?" thread on the front page through every refresh of the general discussion page. But I agree there is no reason to exclude a race from a video game, and while they haven't said they are purposely excluding them maybe they are just waiting for the right time? For example, how cool would it be if they were waiting until black history month to release a few African decent champions and do the same thing with other races during important times for that ethnicity? It may be a far stretch but I think if they would do that people would be over joyed and get over the long wait, even though there is no excuse they could have done it earlier it still hopefully will get done one day.

SMCForum

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
Don't know me very well, do you?
Well I know something now.

You shrink away from, and play coy with, controversial issues.

12345612 ... 22