Skill shots are (have been) broken

1234511 ... 27
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

borsticles

07-29-2012

For almost two (Edit: three) months now champions with skillshots have been broken. If you play one I'm sure you've noticed SS hits doing nothing.

Too many times I've been playing toons with SS's (Lux, Ashe, Morg, Ez) and have had their abilities go right through enemies with no damage or effect done. It's game-breaking. Losing out on easy kills because SS's are doing nothing is a complete game changing bug. 95% of the time they work, but when they don't it's terrible.

Just yesterday I lost 3 Ashe Ult kills in 1 game because the arrow would go straight through the enemies with no effect. It's not a hitbox issue, magic shield or anything else. It needs to be fixed - 2 months is too long for SS champions to be getting boned.

http://imgur.com/a/zoZ4F

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXBZXaxTNus

EDIT: More discussion on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...e_been_broken/

fireworkmuffins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2012

Im not going to lie, sometimes it DOES appear to happen. Just not that often.

Chenzii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2012

So you're complaining that SS's are broken because you hit them 90-95% of the time?

Paszkiewicz

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenzii View Post
So you're complaining that SS's are broken because you hit them 90-95% of the time?
5% is quite alot

Penteract

07-29-2012

I noticed this happening several times. I thought it was just lag, but my ping was under 100, usually between 50 and 60ms.

FireZ42

07-29-2012

I had an Ashe arrow go directly through me when I was Shaco. I still have it on lolreplay but my comp sucks so i cant fraps it =\ .

Thought Shen had his ult shield on me during that so maybe that affected it.

EDIT: Okay, I've decided to upload it. It's a failed ARAJ cause nobody ever follows the rules.

It happens at 26:50

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/665507/

Iarayn

07-29-2012

Quote:
You misunderstood the post, the problem is that 95% of the time, Skillshots work as intended, the problem is, about 5% of the time, about one in twenty skillshots, you'll see your skillshot appeared to hit, or go through someone but actually do nothing, like Ashe's arrow, I've seen a few times where it just passed through people and doesn't do anything to them, Lux's Ultimate hits right over the target, doesn't do anything as well.

This happens with pretty much every skill shot, some of them can possibly be explained away as barely an inch off due to hit box issues, but when an Ashe arrow or Lux laser goes through someone and does no damage, it's pretty obvious there's a problem.

Another prime example is hitting Ahri's Orb of deception at max range, which SHOULD apply both effects at the same time, but only do one or the other.

Nothcliff

07-29-2012

I've noticed that some skill shots model animation goes further than the actual range. So it appears to hit them but doesn't actually reach.

I've never seen any skill shot go directly through another target, however. It could be an issue with ping, I'm just assuming this. You might have perfectly fine ping. Otherwise I've never noticed an ability going blatantly through someone.

Brinzy

07-29-2012

Quote:
What kind of dumb reply is this?

Skillshots should never do anything when I miss and always do something when I hit. I ****ing hate how I can get dove on Lux and aim my binding perfectly, only for the spell to do nothing anyway. I've also missed maybe a dozen kills this month alone with Lux's ult because it goes right through the targets. That's absurd.

Shoopman

07-29-2012

I notice this the most when the opponent is at point blank range, especially with TF's wild cards.

1234511 ... 27