Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hide and Seek Rules Redone.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Happypuppies

07-29-2012

Hide and Seek
Rules/Roles

-Played on The Crystal Scar.
-All champions are allowed.
-Storm Shield is allowed.
-Point capture is not allowed.

The Seeker

-Seekers are on the right side of the Lobby.
-There are 2 seekers.
-Seekers have 40 minutes to kill each Hider 5 times.
-Seekers may recall at any time.
-All items are available.
-Clairvoyance is not allowed.
-Must give re-spawning Hiders a grace period of 30 seconds. No spawn camping.
-Seekers may not attack/kill Hiders who are out of lives.
-Only one Frozen Mallet or Entropy is allowed on the Seeker team.
-Only one Lightbringer or Hextech Sweeper is allowed on the Seeker team.
-If a Seeker is brought below 200 health they MUST RECALL IMMEDIATELY. This threshold increases every 15 minutes by 100 health. (Example: At 15 mins it's 300 health and at 30 minutes it's 400 health.)
-Hiders who have killed a Seeker must recall immediately, and may NOT be attacked and/or killed in the process.
-If the Seekers fail to defeat all of the Hiders by 40 minutes, they must surrender.

The Hider

-Hiders are on the left side of the Lobby.
-There are 5 Hiders.
-Each Hider has a total of 5 lives. A life is lost when they are killed or when they kill a Seeker in any way.
-Hiders may use all of their abilities and auto attacks against the Seekers, but must not kill them or stop them from recalling.
-Hiders who kill Seekers lose 1 life and must recall immediately.
-Execution by fountain is counted as a death and results in losing 1 life.
-Hiders should work together to stay alive and force the Seekers to recall.
-Individual Hiders may not have more than two Phantom Dancers.
-Guardian Angel is not allowed
-Hiders may not recall or return to base in any way unless they've killed a Seeker.
-If a Hider disconnects and is killed in the process, that death is still counted.
-If a Hider disconnects or reconnects after 35 minutes, they are considered defeated and may no longer participate.
-If all Hiders are defeated before 40 minutes they must surrender.

Defeated Hiders

-When a Hider has lost all 5 of his lives he is defeated, and may no longer participate in the game.
-Defeated Hiders may run around the outer ring or may simply stay in the base.
-Defeated Hiders may NOT enter the fog of war or interfere with the game's progress in any way.
-Defeated Hiders must sell all of their items.

Denvon

Recruiter

07-29-2012

I like these rules. I'm going to use these, they seem like the most fun out of all of the versions. I think everyone should use these, they're excellent.

RenzokukenL

07-29-2012

This would be better suited in a different forum.

Finn the Human

07-30-2012

Thanks for the kick, I only dodged because leader missed a ban and banned Teemo.

Nerdyjoe314

08-01-2012

>-All items are available.
>-Guardian Angel is not allowed

Well, which one is it?

Confounder

08-01-2012

Nerdyjoe, All items are only available to the seekers.
GA isn't available to a hider, but you can buy one as a seeker.

DoomScar

08-01-2012

The idea of hide and seek alone is a really nice idea.
But putting too much thought and mechanics into it just makes it not enjoyable.
Think of ARAM. Simple rules. Easy to pick up on. Easy to learn. People liked it because you don't need to spend 5 minutes in the forums to memorize the rules.

ARAM: Stay in middle lane. You can't recall. You can't use teleport. Done.

Hide and Seek: Do this and do that you can't do this and that and all this other sh*t that you'd probably forgot once you're ingame.

tl;dr make it more simple, please?

Denvon

Recruiter

08-01-2012

Sorry to break it to you DoomScar, but the idea of Hide and Seek requires some structure in order to function in an enjoyable way. No no, you're right of course.. let's just tell people to hide and to seek. They'll get the picture.

If you don't like it you can simply ignore it. Or better yet come up with your own set of guidelines and rules and host the game yourself.

DoomScar

08-01-2012

Quote:
Denvon:
Sorry to break it to you DoomScar, but the idea of Hide and Seek requires some structure in order to function in an enjoyable way. No no, you're right of course.. let's j4ust tell people to hide and to seek. They'll get the picture.

If you don't like it you can simply ignore it. Or better yet come up with your own set of guidelines and rules and host the game yourself.

Oh, come on, what's up with the backlash? I'm just suggesting, jeez.

I'm just telling you that not a lot of people will actually pick up on this, because it actually is "requiring some structure in order to function in an enjoyable way." That would just be competitive, and not for fun's sake.

Also, didn't actually notice the "redone" on the title. So I'm not sure if this unofficial game mode has been going on without me noticing. And maybe people who already knows how to play this can visualize what OP was saying.

Denvon

Recruiter

08-01-2012

It was more of a retort than a backlash. I'm just puzzled when I read something like "putting too much thought and mechanics into it just makes it not enjoyable."

You must understand that this game idea isn't hard coded into the client. There is no map for this that restricts people from playing unfairly. This is a new take on a game without the editor tool kit, and thus it requires rules to follow.

I invite you to play this some time. The rules can be read through before the game has even loaded, and they're not difficult to grasp.