PAX2010 Roundup

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nikasaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Community Coordinator

Follow RiotNikasaur on Twitter

09-09-2010
1 of 5 Riot Posts

On Labor Day weekend, Seattle hosted its 6th annual Penny Arcade Expo, in which nerds and geeks take over the entire city and frighten the natives. Riot shipped some of our own illustrious nerds and geeks up there to mix and mingle, with the promise of delivering the exclusive Riot Singed skin to any fans that meet us, and meet us they did. We were overwhelmed by our popularity, being approached by fans and enforcers alike, and the information booth had to print out custom signs about our tournaments and meetups because so many people were looking for us.

Riot headed over to the Alienware booth Friday evening to give people a taste of League of Legends. Fans shuffled in and out of a continuous game with our developers and packed into the bleachers waiting for their shot.

Day two of PAX was dominated by our 3v3 League of Legends tournament in the PC Tournament area. By popular demand, the tournament expanded from 32 teams to 64, and still entirely filled up the day before. It lasted eight hours, in which time we became very good friends with the hard working enforcers, saw victory and defeat, and 64 teams boil down to a hardcore group looking to win. First place went to Team Juice, who won an assortment of graciously sponsored Razer gear and bragging rights to match.

On the third day, Riot invaded the Alienware booth in the afternoon for the Costume Chaos tournament, where LoL cosplayers got first pick at competing for armfuls of Razer gear and Riot Points. Out of eight 3v3 teams (with the epic battle between Pirates and Ninjas lasting over an hour) it was down to Team Gragas and Team Ryze, both delightfully decked out like LoL champions, with Team Gragas edging out a win on Twisted Treeline. The booth was packed with fans coming by to meet and greet, pick up their Riot Singed skin, snag an airborne tee shirt and watch the nail-biting battles of players in questionable body paint. Our LoL cosplayers looked great and were getting a lot of attention from the crowds, they even got a mention on Kotaku!

We have even more pictures up on our Facebook, so check out our PAX2010 galleries and live vicariously through our collective snapshots. We’ll be at PAX East in Boston again in the Spring, but if you just can’t wait, our next event is the WCG Grand Finals in Los Angeles on October 2nd, where we’ll have our own booth and dozens of developers onsite. (more details coming soon!)

Thanks for making PAX Prime 2010 awesome for Riot Games!

Legomasta

09-09-2010

Absolutely epic Mundo & Gragas. Good stuff.

Deadlytorch

09-09-2010

Woot pictures pwn.

Haelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2010

Sounds like it was a great time! Just clarifying: will Riot Singed be on sale during the WCG Grand Finals October 2nd, or does that count for events he's for sale within?

Now to save up money for travel..

nikasaur

Community Coordinator

Follow RiotNikasaur on Twitter

09-09-2010
2 of 5 Riot Posts

I do believe Riot Singed will be on sale any time Riot is giving him away at events.

...Him? It?

So yes, as far as I am aware, he'll be purchasable during WCG!

Haelstrom

09-09-2010

WOOOH. Money will be reserved in my bank account.

HolyChalice

09-09-2010

Awesome, too bad I can't attend any of these events because of traveling costs and what not.

BBT

09-09-2010

Pretty cool event, guys.

newsca

Recruiter

09-09-2010

Awesome pictures, and pretty nice event, wish I could go...

Jamie Fawley

09-09-2010

fat nidalee will forever haunt my dreams

1234511 ... 12