Riot needs to add more incentive to play a support.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swin

07-29-2012

This is just my opinion, but I myself get extremely bored of sitting in a bush, and having the carry kill all the minions while I spend all my gold on wards and gold per/5 items. I am not saying supports are bad, because supporting definately helps. I just feel like they need to make more gold somehow so that they can get some items and feel like they can help more. I just get tired of watching other people solo the lane while i shield or heal them every couple of seconds; then go into mid/late game with hardly any items and try to support a team without getting killed. I liked when I could build my support with ap/hp items because I could afford them; now I just get a couple of the gold per/5 items, and don't get any farm so I am pretty weak late game unless i manage to pull off a lot of assists to get me some gold. Not trying to sound selfish, but supports and tanks are picked far less than carries because they are simply more boring most of the time. Thanks for reading and leave some feedback so I know what everyone thinks about this; or give me some tips on how to have a better time as a support .

AlphariusRising

07-29-2012

You're supposed to be getting money from assists, and your GP5 if you build 2 or more will leave you with a lot of good items late game, even with all the wards you buy. I suggest duo queuing with your AD carry though, as they can buy a ward or two as well.

Fat Ninja

07-29-2012

The current meta and way people babysit the bottom lane AD is not something riot designed the characters, or the support characters, around. This way of playing was created by the players, as far as I know, and don't think that champions should be reworked / designed around it.

Eventually, someone will come up with a better, or different way of doing things that wins tournaments.

iRukia

07-30-2012

Well the way you support is boring I must say, I main support and I'm very aggressive, I do bush sit but I do it to get a full skill rotation on them. Supporting is not boring at all. I enjoy wrecking them and helping my ADC to get the last hit on them. I must say you simply are not cut out for being a support. And about your gold issue, supports are not item dependent, You're not the AP carry or Solotop nor you're the tank. You support them with your skills not your items. Yes Aura items ARE useful but I have no difficulty in buying them with the amount of assists you get. And in mid/late game your job is to possibly bait them, gtfo out of their skillshots and stay back and support your team while CCng them. A support does not need kills or for example a Rabadon's Deathcap..

MithanderLeso

07-30-2012

Being super aggressive is generally really fun as a support if you have the right AD carry to back you up. If you play Sona, you should be poking with your power chord and q every chance you get. It's fun watching your ADC go 60+ higher CS than they do.

webbut

07-30-2012

Sona is pretty active as support soraka too. Supporting with a tank is pretty active.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

Went to a tournament on my city yesterday with some firneds, it was a 3v3 proving grounds tournament draft pick, i was using supports and didn't let my team die that much we finished in second place, teammates blamed me for the loss because "i wasn't doing anything" -_-, apparently something for them= damage -_-, not cc, not survability, only damage, first game we were screwed by a rumble-malphite wukong combo that mass cced us and were going full tanks, both of my teammates picked damage or made me pick damage- _-- we had no cc, we got screwed, we got to the finals thnks to an udyr, Taric caitlyn combo that was able to lock down opponents, yet on the finals teammates were only thinking on the ****ing damage. Riot please i'm not begging for supports to do damage but stuns should actually last longer or you should add a new support alistar or Lulu style where their cc effects doesn't get reduced by tenacity.

even in the games where we won they were like meh you're just standing there doing nothing, while i was busy shielding and ulting and healing both of them that were turret diving. in one match Caitlyn got 8 kills before dying beause i was healing her and stunning everyone who dared to aproach her.

Ahri Rox

07-30-2012

I don't get it. I love supports the way they are now. A well timed CV in the jungle can save a life or get your team a kill and you feel amazing after that. Well placed wards win games. Well timed abilities gets your team kills.

I love the global impact I have on a game as a support.

gvaness

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaRox View Post
I don't get it. I love supports the way they are now. A well timed CV in the jungle can save a life or get your team a kill and you feel amazing after that. Well placed wards win games. Well timed abilities gets your team kills.

I love the global impact I have on a game as a support.
I feel the same until about minute 30.
Once it turns to team fights, the number of support champs that I feel I contribute with plummets.

laxjoh

07-30-2012

If you think playing support is boring, play with Leona or Alistar. Sona is pretty fun too and you can play her aggressively but remain passive. I like to get aggressive whenever my AD gets initiated by their support or AD to "discourage" the enemies from further attacking. For a short grace period of time while you heal/power chord with Sona/ and use various auras you can sort of act as a few second tank. And Sona's power chords does decent damage along with a nice effect if in W (decreases enemy dmg by %) or E (slows down enemy speed, sort of like a mini exhaust). Leona, Taric and Alistar can be a great aggressive support. Leona being one of my favorite aggressive support but I'm not good with her yet.

Try out Leona. EVERY champion has a specific way to play their roles. Support is no different and the way you see most people play (passively) is mainly because some supports are very squishy and vulnerable, while at the same time they do not start off with boots for mobility. Nor do they ahve a lot of health or defense at first. It's a practical strategy of play-style. If you really want, try out AD Sona or AD Janna in a Normals game or in Dominion.