Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

i want sion back!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faulinei

Recruiter

07-29-2012

rework it to be viable as ap or ad. at least give him a lil buff.

Momoku no so

07-29-2012

SiON REWORK WHERe

Bronze V Jungler

07-29-2012

He's no longer viableto be ap or ad?

Faulinei

Recruiter

07-29-2012

ap he have a burst dmg that can be cut to half by destroying his shield.

ad just works if he gets farmed (he can be ****ed by a lot of tops)

Atonal Elegy

07-29-2012

He's not viable because he's easily stopped by crowd control. You'd have to give him range to fix that. At that point, you might as well play an AD carry. He would have to be reworked to be an AD carry. Either that, or you have to completely rework his shield...but it still wouldn't stop him from being stunned, silenced, knocked-up or feared.

Edit: I forgot to take into account the fact that his stun is a lot of mana early game and his movement speed is agonizingly slow. He's got no gap closer which stinks when you're a melee champ.
I suppose you could rework him from those angles, but I feel that riot deliberately made him that way so that he wouldn't be completely unstoppable.

Razzcastic

07-29-2012

since when is he no longer viable? You have anything to back up those fallacies?

^^ above post are you kidding me? I think you can say that about ANYONE who isn't Tryndamere, Morgana, Olaf, etc

Chezbayou

07-29-2012

Quote:
Atonal Elegy:
He's not viable because he's easily stopped by crowd control. You'd have to give him range to fix that. At that point, you might as well play an AD carry. He would have to be reworked to be an AD carry. Either that, or you have to completely rework his shield...but it still wouldn't stop him from being stunned, silenced, knocked-up or feared.

every champ is easily stopped by CC, save an ulted olaf.

epaR sbooN

07-29-2012

Quote:
Faulinei:
rework it to be viable as ap or ad. at least give him a lil buff.

yeah maybe a rework but any buff is out of the question lol

Gerrikk

07-29-2012

Quote:
Chezbayou:
every champ is easily stopped by CC, save an ulted olaf.

All champs are affected by CC. However some more so than others. Various factors can cause this.

For Sion, like some others champs, it's because the CC actually lasts longer than just the CC. Sion has no gap closer so even when the CC ends his dps still doesn't start again until he runs to close distance. Sion is doubly affected because he also falls into the category of champs that rely on Lifesteal for their survivability.

I would recommend giving Sion's shield some for of CC reduction or even the ability to ignore slows. However this would require nerfing the AP side of Sion for balance reasons. Though given the way the character looks and his ult it is clear Sion was intended to be AD anyway.