Best Tank Champion

1234511 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MatTheZombie

Recruiter

07-29-2012

Hello fellow champions,
I need some advice from higher powers. I have been in need of a good tank champion, so I wanted to ask, in your opinion, who is the best Tank-type champion? I have been using Kayle, which has been working alright for me, but I think that someone else would be better.
Your advice is appreciated.

CamaHa

07-29-2012

In my opinion Amu is best tank. But he's very underplayed right now.

Majestaat

07-29-2012

Shen and Malphite. Strong tanking capabilities and pretty decent damage for a tank.

xxxvagina420xxx

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestaat View Post
Shen and Malphite. Strong tanking capabilities and pretty decent damage for a tank.
Basically these two are the BEST right now, along with alistar. (although he's not great top like malph and Shen are, and has no damage) Galio is great too, although lately I haven't seen him.

GogoGojira

07-30-2012

Rammus is the best tank, he has a taunt, he is easy to build and has great survivability in team fights. Plus his ult is great for taking down turrets fast.

Peligrad

07-31-2012

I build Hecarim as a tank and really enjoy him for that roll. He's more of a damage dealer than a protector, but if you enjoy initiating team fights, running down carries, and chasing down anyone who tries to gimp away at the end of it, Hecarim is your guy.

That said, many people think that Hec is UP. I personally don't, maybe a QoL buff is all I could see giving him.

Other good tanks to look into are Naut, and Maok. Both of these have amazing ganks. Their late games aren't as good as Hec's, but their early ganks can be devastating.

Hentai666

07-31-2012

Mundo is probably the best tank right now. He deals a stupid amount of damage without building a single damage item.
Malphite currently is more of a meta-pick in my opinion.

Flandag

07-31-2012

Shen...

...is by far the best "overall tank" right now. By tank, I mean a beefy champion that both disrupts opponents and is also considered a threat to his targets. Other champions are better at each of these 3 fields individually (Alistar is an amazing if not the best disruptor right now, Singed and Rammus can be better beef-walls in terms of survivability, and Mundo is probably the hardest hitting tank right now)... but none of them can combine all three as well as Shen can.

ninemile

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hentai666 View Post
Mundo is probably the best tank right now. He deals a stupid amount of damage without building a single damage item.
Malphite currently is more of a meta-pick in my opinion.
Mundo isn't a tank at all. He has virtually no CC, no disrupts, and does little in a teamfight except not die and deal mediocre damage.

Compare him to Alistar and Nautilus with their huge array of disrupts, pulls, and ability to isolate carries and pull them away from the group or zone them out, and it is clear why Mundo is not a tank.

WAZ GOOOD NYUGGA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

I agree with Flandag

Shen can take a high amount of damage while protecting teammates and dishing out some damage.
He is also very well balanced

1234511 ... 18