Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

camera lock and item store

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

betatrash

07-29-2012

so, haven't played for 6 months since i find some of these mechanics annoying to say the least. should have been fixed by now.

---- item shop ----

item shop is not efficient. problem stems from using back/forward. since 6 months ago, you have added a bar at the top which allows for navigation to a previous menu section.

however, this did little to solve the problem.

someone else posted a screenshot (can't find the thread any more) of what the store should look like.

instead of the current navigation menu at the top, it should be replaced with simple icons (no text) which link to each section, with a mouseover tooltip including the text.

it will only take 5 minutes for players to remember which icon stands for which section. humans are extremely adept at remembering patterns/shapes.

---- camera lock ----

having to press a unlock button, then a pan button is redundant.

i have come up with a solution using autohotkey that allows this to be done intuitively with 1 button alone.

to pan the camera, hold the button down, to snap back to the hero, press the button briefly.

the problem i have with the current system is that the camera is a toggle button.

impossible to keep track of the toggle state in autohotkey, so i had to implement all sorts of workarounds.

if you cannot implement this sort of camera, can we please have 2 additional binds to 'lock camera' and 'unlock camera' so that the state is known?

posting my autohotkey script below for reference. must have a mouse with a thumb back button (xbutton1), also must change 'lock camera' bind in-game to the letter 'k', since i dont like panning with the middle mouse button (extremely frustrating).

back button does the panning. hold to pan, click to snap back.

the pan using the map in lower-right, hold the back button, then hold the left mouse button while dragging over the map.

the F12 key initializes the script. press once after map load. hold the F12 key for >2 seconds to reset the binds in case the state becomes out of sync.

still testing this script, since you changed the shift binding. keys can no longer be bound to shift alone, i had to modify the script.

----

however, the real problem here is that the map isn't flipped for purple (it has already stated this won't be changed), which really perplexes me.

games are meant to be balanced, yet purple is always at a disadvantage, since you almost never have to pan as blue, but almost always do as purple.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

betatrash

07-29-2012

;-------------------- League Of Legends --------------------
#IfWinActive ahk_class RiotWindowClass

IsInitialized := false
IsLocked := true
WasPressed := false
IsWaiting := false
F12Active := false

F12Timer:
F12Active := False
return