Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to build Diana.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knobsicle

Recruiter

07-29-2012

After quite a long time of playing the new champion Diana, I still haven't decided on an important aspect of her build. Whether to pop in some attack speed, build glass cannon, or have items that gives her survivability in a team fight. Over a period of over 10 games playing her, i have found that her core build seems to be extremely similar to Akali's core build. (Hextech Gunblade, Rylai's and Rabedon's/LichBane) These items give her sustain in her lane, while providing enough AP to burst or poke enemies. This also allows her to clear the jungle with her ult. However, some Dianas i have played with have built AS on her, which makes her pop her passive a lot more times. Pls test her out, she seems like a great option for jungling and top. Happy Testing!!

Pls reply and bump this thread often its gonna get lost :P

CamPaine

07-29-2012

I like to build her a bit more tanky. I buy Merc treads, Abyssal/grail, rylai, frozen heart/zhonya, void staff, and death cap. I like being extremely tanky so that I can witstand damage and be in the core in the fight where Diana shines. I find building squishier may lead to stronger ganks, but her usefulness in team fights will be severely limited.

Knobsicle

Recruiter

07-29-2012

I also tried a similar build in one of my games. However, i dont think that building abyssal's AND void on her is necessary. Instead, i think Rylai's would be a great replacement, as it provides a 15% slow for stronger ganks (which with your 35% from your e makes 50 is op :O), 500HP for better sustain and 80 AP for harder pokes and bursts. And yeah, i think that building tanky is a great idea

Alithalor

07-29-2012

Merc. Boots <-- Though CD Boots of Mpen Boots would probably work as well
RFS <-- Tanky Slow go go
GB <--- Some LS, SV and CC (good for Jungling as well)
TF <--- With her crazy AS, between Mallet, GB and RFS anyone is pretty much perma-slowed. I could see getting a LB instead, but TF seems way too good.

Gwaargh

07-29-2012

I started out building Catalyst to RoA on her while jungling. Moving on to a Death cap/Rylais.

The problem with Hextech is her skills are not on that short of a cd as Akalis. Q and W both start off at 10 secs and only Q scales down to 6 seconds at rank 5. Cata gives a good deal of sustain in the jungle, and you probably wont even need that given her clear times. She's definitely top tier in terms of speed.

I might try her out with a philostone build -> shurelias later. CDR is amazing on her.

Yet to try her out in lane though.

ASYLUM101

07-29-2012

cata -> mercs -> ROA -> Rylais

If you're doing well you can risk going for malady/nashors tooth (nashors is amazing on her but...its nashors), otherwise I'd settle for deathcap/abyssal and finish off with a void staff. GREAT burst damage, if you don't instagib someone with QWRR, at least you'll live long enough to QWR again.

Alithalor

07-29-2012

RoA is def a saver build. I find you shield through a lot of the damage between CDs so HxR isn't that bad early.

Gwaargh

07-29-2012

Her Q is an excellent poke for those moments when both teams are testing each other out before a proper engage. Time it right and with max CDR, you can get a Q->R->Q->R->R off on a squishy and watch them melt.

Knobsicle

Recruiter

07-29-2012

Yeah i might try getting a RoA instead of Gunblade. The thing is, in the jungle once i get my revolver i basically never recall as i have spell vamp for my HP and Blue Buff for my mana.

This is my finalised build pls do post your opinions about it:
Merc Treads/Sorc Shoes
Gunblade/RoA
Rylai's
Deathcap
Lich Bane (I considered a triforce, but the i still find the MR and 100% AP dmg thing a bit better :P)
Void/Zhonya's (Should get zhonya's as it gives you 2 secs without taking dmg for your q to cooldown before you do your combo again, its a great item )

Alithalor

07-29-2012

You know what's kind of fun on her (only if you are crazy fed and way ahead). Lightening Bow.