Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Autodraw @ 2:00 if There's a DC'er

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devious Rogue

07-29-2012

In the past few months, I've seen a number of players doing fine in the matchmaking but never connect to the game. This has even happened to me, about once every patch or so, where LoL would inexplicitly spike past 700MB Memory usage and then crash. I feel really bad for my teamates when it's my fault and I'm not thrilled either when it's someone on my team.

In an ideal world, Riot would make it so that anyone who can load up the matchmaking champion select would be able to connect to the game, no transitions, nada. However, I realize that this is impossible.

What I would suggest instead, is that if, at the 2 minute mark, if there's a DC'er on one team who has never ever connected, that team's remaining members get a draw and the other team gets either a draw or a victory. In ranked, maybe make it so that the DC'er gives his ELO to the opposing team. (DC'er -30, each enemy team player gets 6 ELO or something) I wouldn't mind if that happened to me and I DC'd since it'd be my fault.

Either way, even if there is no compensation, at least my team wouldn't have to suffer through 20 minutes of torturous 4v5.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karlyr

07-29-2012

That's indeed a fact. But that's more something that they have to fix rather that something that they have to find a compromise.