On Load Crash Hotfix Coming

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Volibar

Senior Product Manager

Follow Volibar on Twitter

09-09-2010
2 of 5 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Symphonic View Post
Dear Volibar, and Riot staff.

I have copied this from another thread similar to this one. I do not wish to badger you or the riot staff, but I can not miss any opportunity to promote this for myself and the community.

I am but a lowly player of your game, League Of Legends. I do not boast skill nor renown, So I do not expect this message to get singled out and answered. Though this problem still persists, and because of it I take it upon myself to speak on behalf of the community. During this bug, of which was not our fault at all, I have experienced a defeat and various "leaves". Yes you could say it was my fault for trying it over, and over again. Even to no avail. You could say the game is just free, and things like that don't matter... but is the player not entitled to his score? Is the win/loss ratio not why some desperately try to get into game even though it is clearly downed due to an unforeseen error? Trivial, I suppose. Though regardless of whether the losses and the leaves our the players fault. I, on behalf of the community, demand reprimands.

I wish to see a post, specific to this problem, that all boosts will be turned back and all leaves will be removed starting from the day of the Miss Fortune patch (1.0.0.100)

P.S. Thank you for making the a great FREE game, and a great DoTA stand-alone.

-Sincerely,
Grim Sym
The idea that this is somehow not in our best interest is completely false, and I'm sorry that notion even entered your thought process!

The issue is not desire to remedy the situation, the issue is ability. Currently it is nearly impossible for us to remove leaves in a way that is not extremely time consuming and extremely manual. I know it is not of much consequence at this second to you, but we are working on remedying this in the short term. We want to be able to easily fix this for you and users affected by things that were not their fault, but at the current time we simply don't have the ability to do so.

I sincerely apologize for any issues or negative experience you, and the other users affected by this have encountered. We will be working as long as we need to get this fix completed, tested and deployed to you.

As for the other issues in general, it is my personal mission to make Bad Things Not Happen (tm) to you, the players, when something goes wrong that's outside your control. We are working on the largest areas of impact first and will work our way down until we're confident in our ability to do this. Unfortunately, we are not there yet, and I hope you understand.

We have issued a 4 win IP boost for players today just as a general "thank you for your patience with us", and I can guarantee you that fixing these issues, and stability in general, is our highest priority.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kazric

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck3tH3ad View Post
how bout a free hotfix skin for us who had to wait these past few days.....?
Yes for the cracked out servers I want a cracked out Garen skin


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirenTheEscape

Member

09-09-2010

we cant even get the 4 win bonus **** that ****...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buck3tH3ad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-09-2010

in the words of the comic book guy, "worst patch ever"

and seriously, can we get some kind of ETA on this? i'd like to know if im gonna be able to play today or not....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sun shy

Senior Member

09-09-2010

Is the 4 win IP boost is just added IP to your account or do we have to play games limited to today only to get the extra IP? If so... How do we get compensated for this inconvenience? It would be pretty unfair for the people that were not able to play yesterday and all of today to watch other people that are able to play get compensated, it would be pretty much like rubbing salt in our wounds.

It's kind of like 5 people being stranded in the wilderness waiting for help and a chopper comes and can only carry 3 of them, and it wont be another day till another chopper comes by for the other 2. (I know you can't really compare a game to a real life or death situation that well, but it's just an example.)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buck3tH3ad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

09-09-2010

give me an ETA NOW!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grim Symphonic

Member

09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volibar View Post
The idea that this is somehow not in our best interest is completely false, and I'm sorry that notion even entered your thought process!

The issue is not desire to remedy the situation, the issue is ability. Currently it is nearly impossible for us to remove leaves in a way that is not extremely time consuming and extremely manual. I know it is not of much consequence at this second to you, but we are working on remedying this in the short term. We want to be able to easily fix this for you and users affected by things that were not their fault, but at the current time we simply don't have the ability to do so.

I sincerely apologize for any issues or negative experience you, and the other users affected by this have encountered. We will be working as long as we need to get this fix completed, tested and deployed to you.

As for the other issues in general, it is my personal mission to make Bad Things Not Happen (tm) to you, the players, when something goes wrong that's outside your control. We are working on the largest areas of impact first and will work our way down until we're confident in our ability to do this. Unfortunately, we are not there yet, and I hope you understand.

We have issued a 4 win IP boost for players today just as a general "thank you for your patience with us", and I can guarantee you that fixing these issues, and stability in general, is our highest priority.

Thank You Volibar. I did not mean to sound as if i doubted riots motives, I just merely would like some form of statement on the situation. As it is, we have no ETA and no idea if any of the leaves and elo losses we have suffered will be fixed. Your statement alone has sated my hunger for answers. I hope that riot comes to a swift fix so they no longer have to suffer the likes of me and other concerned gamers.

A question un-related. Was there not already a 4 win IP boost issued for all players who have played a game in the last 60 days? Will these stack to an 8 win IP boost? I assume this will be a common question. I know I saw the "4 win IP boost for all active players" post on the EU servers, so if that was just for them then this doesn't matter. If the american servers were issued this as well, then I am just curious as to if we will receive both. Thank you once again for answering my question, It is a shame the elo and leaves cannot be rolled back but i appreciate the thought.


-Grim sym.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Knight187

Junior Member

09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Symphonic View Post
Thank You Volibar. I did not mean to sound as if i doubted riots motives, I just merely would like some form of statement on the situation. As it is, we have no ETA and no idea if any of the leaves and elo losses we have suffered will be fixed. Your statement alone has sated my hunger for answers. I hope that riot comes to a swift fix so they no longer have to suffer the likes of me and other concerned gamers.

A question un-related. Was there not already a 4 win IP boost issued for all players who have played a game in the last 60 days? Will these stack to an 8 win IP boost? I assume this will be a common question. I know I saw the "4 win IP boost for all active players" post on the EU servers, so if that was just for them then this doesn't matter. If the american servers were issued this as well, then I am just curious as to if we will receive both. Thank you once again for answering my question, It is a shame the elo and leaves cannot be rolled back but i appreciate the thought.


-Grim sym.
just to complete your post Mr Volibar will ''we'', the players that can't log, get that win IP bonus?? or will it end today because if it ends today and the players who were touched by this fail patch couldnt benefit from it, riot just totaly lost all my respect.. also i would like to know if its the same team that will be testing the hotfixe because seriously if its the same one that tested the beta version of the patch then im abandoning all hopes of playing LoL ever again >< oh and i almost forgot it really is a shame that the elo and leaves cannot be rolled back


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PurpleSunX

Member

09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck3tH3ad View Post
how bout a free hotfix skin for us who had to wait these past few days.....?
on gangplank =] <3 my fav char


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grim Symphonic

Member

09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight187 View Post
just to complete your post Mr Volibar will ''we'', the players that can't log, get that win IP bonus?? or will it end today because if it ends today and the players who were touched by this fail patch couldnt benefit from it, riot just totaly lost all my respect.. also i would like to know if its the same team that will be testing the hotfixe because seriously if its the same one that tested the beta version of the patch then im abandoning all hopes of playing LoL ever again >< oh and i almost forgot it really is a shame that the elo and leaves cannot be rolled back
As far as I know a 4 win IP boost lasts until you do just that, win 4 games. I doubt riot would miss something that huge as to where the victims reap not the benefits of their aid. the 4 win IP bonus will credited be to all players and will be exhausted after 4 wins, whether played today or tomorrow. Once again this is just to my knowledge.

I think the real question is whether or not we are being credited this 4 IP win bonus AND the 4 win IP bonus for being an "Active player" or if we are just getting this one. I think that would be a low blow, but i doubt thats the case. I haven't played since the first IP boost was issued on the 3rd, so I do not know if i ever received it.