Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tiamat: Drastically overpriced early game item?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SamuraiPanda

11-09-2009

I've been experimenting quite a bit with items, and I've found the Tiamat to be a great help in a few of the builds that I'm working on. The Tiamat item is built through 2 sub-par regen items, so it is only natural to work towards building a Tiamat early game... But frankly the Tiamat is far too expensive right now. Building a Tiamat early game takes far too long, and leaves me lacking mana and HP for quite some time because the regen items aren't very good at all.

I highly suggest lowering the price of the Tiamat to make it a better item overall. All you would have to do is remove the Pickaxe from the recipe, and the Tiamat will become far more affordable. As it is right now, the time that you would want to have the Tiamat the most is the time that you spend trying to get it. And when you finally get it, you'll likely be behind other champions in terms of damage output.

Tl;dr: Remove pickaxe from recipe = make Tiamat a viable and decent item.

Either that or remove the regen items and replace them with a mid-game item instead. The Tiamat right now is in a weird limbo between an early game item and a mid-game item. Decide on one or the other.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

11-09-2009

Yeah, maybe if they took out the regen and added a bit of HP, it could be a bit more viable. As it is now, it's practically useless to buy, and with its small AoE, it's extremely hard to make any use of. I'm not sure if HP could even save it with the lackluster AoE.

It's been suggested to make a sort of small, weak chain lightning attack happen instead of a splash. It would definitely make it more useful, but that would definitely need some hard balancing.

Critical Error

Recruiter

11-09-2009

The splash is really nice for some heroes. I know I particularly like it on Shaco. The splash from Tiamat and the bonus damage from his blink mean you can pretty much one shot the back creeps. This helps him greatly since he is a pretty craptacular farmer.

Other heroes, havent found much use for it. I do get it sometimes if Im playing a late game carry, have all other slots full, and notice that the enemy is always clustered--Yi with 5 slots full of awesome gear+ Tiamat in the last slot rapes groups packed tight.

vvolfster

11-10-2009

Critical error, that sounds like a good idea. I'll try that with jax as his last item, provided the game lasts that long. I've never found a use for tiamat though. Hopefully, this experiment will change that.

Phlimsy

11-10-2009

its a good later (last?) item on tryndamere, maximizes the pain you do in your 7 second window.

Seems to follow nasus's playstyle fairly well too, nasus's ult makes him want to be in the middle of the pack, tiamat helps him maximize his damage, although also probably best as a later item

Lawlerkats

11-10-2009

Twitch would kill everybody. Everybody.

OctopusDropkick

11-10-2009

Tiamat is amazing as is and the price tag is there for a reason. It doesn't need the price lowered.

Col Jack Oniell

11-11-2009

Tiamat useless?

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3904/penta.png

Penny

Recruiter

11-11-2009

Quote:
Zecchini:
Tiamat useless?

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/3904/penta.png

Holy dang ouch wo-ah!

mrmooon

11-11-2009

nothing is over priced in this game... Its way too easy to farm with no gold loss on death. Even noobs can be stacked at the end of game