Tribunal FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nymphae

11-16-2012

Q: Why can't we ban queue trolls in ranked yet? I'm not sticking around to play a game with them, but they force one of us to dodge and keep doing as they please without any way of punishment. It's terrible.

Brinsor

11-18-2012

Wait one second, so there is a reward to doing cases and getting many right?

Doktillia

11-19-2012

Hello Ya'll.

I was recently (only around 3 days ago) told about the Tribunal through the Riotgames youtube channel and thought it may just work from an idealistic point of view. Overall I have become interested by the functionality of democracy in general as of late, and love any experience I can get about a more democratic system. At this point, I am beginning to be concerned about the one factor within Tribunal, as highlighted in the link http://imgur.com/GGP2g ...

Is there an option to remove these details from my sight or profile? Over even this short period of time, I have in spite of the fact that I am reading all the chat logs and trying to be objective. It seems inevitable that the opinion from the community seems to be influencing me, as sometimes my hunches that the account is an elaborate troll (an elegant evader) or that my empathetic nature is becoming erased into a system of "what would the others think of this case" instead of what would Doktillia consider.

I still desire to see things like the # of people warned, tempbanned (number of days) and permabanned, this is truly relevant data that may continue to inspire and/or warn myself about the nature of my choices.

Sorry for the elongated post, but I haven't found this feature and would sincerely enjoy it.
-Doktillia

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsjakkeh View Post
Still want to have an answer on this <:
The reason for reporting could be a misclick, overall its any behaviour within the chatlog that take prevalence. In regards, Leavebuster should respond to an account who dropped or left the game, and/or was idle for more then 5 minutes. There may be a case where the individual just roamed around for the whole game, which the leavebuster system would be evaded (I assume). This would have to be shown within the chatlog though, otherwise I'd reccomend Skip/Pardoning since the Leavebuster should have already taken care of it. Most of the tribunal seems to be subjective, using your own discretion is advised.

PS: I wouldn't want to be a botherance.... oh wait, I already am... anyhow, a couple month ago someone had suggested adding into the chatlog things like Objectives and Recorded Deaths. I would love it this could be implemented. It would provide so much insight as to whether or not an account was actually "feeding" the opposition. In addition to other things. Thanks!

hyungiez

11-20-2012

Hi team,

I have been part of the tribunal process for a while and here is my feedback. Before I get started, thank you for having such a process and the recent additions of the honor system. I have seen a tremendous change to the environment and am very glad for the positive upswing.

1. Often times, "inappropriate name" reports do not contain the username. Is there a way to automatically display user-names if reported for "inappropriate name"?

2. There are often times there are many many punishable users in a given game rather than the user reported. Is there a way for the tribunal judges to report certain players from filtering the reported cases to other judges? Not sure if this would then duplicate efforts as we wouldn't know who were reported or not, but I have seen cases where the offending user is the one submitting reports.

3. There is a big discrepancy between actual reason for punish/pardon than the ones reported in many cases. This leads to my issue #4.

4. Because now there is a direct view of how 'successful' you are as a tribunal judge as well as your justice rating being visible, this has conflicted me internally many times. Do I judge based on my own opinion, or do I judge based on what I believe the majority of people would choose? I often disagree strongly with what the masses as declared, but I am not sure if there is any process to monitor this, to value people who make correct choices against the other judges or to have a proper repeal/reward process unless user-generated.

I could definitely elaborate on the points above, but would be great if some of these got addressed somehow.

Thank you again everyone!

Edit: one more

5. Is it on purpose that pre-game and post-game chats are not part of the tribunal case? Some instances, I am forced to pardon based on the information I have, because reasoning for the reports were based on post-game profanity which I have no insights.

Thanks!

celamai

11-20-2012

Is the case limit 15 or 20? Here is says 15 but when I finished my session it said 20.

Seven Portals

11-20-2012

This report system its HORRIBLE!! i get banned every damn time i pruchase RP for little reasons when i respond back to trolls who harras me STEP UP YOUR GAME RIOT IM BANNED FOR A WEEK RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPID AUTO BANNING SYSTEM. The people who purchase RP are for infact the ones who get banned more BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHEN THEY MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT THEY Will most likely purchase more RP WITCH WILL EVENTUALLY LEAD TO A COMPANY SUE REGARDING TO MONEY THEFT AND MORE. Such as a random phone calls that charge us around 40 dollars for no reason.

bryjow123

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Portals View Post
This report system its HORRIBLE!! i get banned every damn time i pruchase RP for little reasons when i respond back to trolls who harras me STEP UP YOUR GAME RIOT IM BANNED FOR A WEEK RIGHT NOW BECAUSE OF YOUR STUPID AUTO BANNING SYSTEM. The people who purchase RP are for infact the ones who get banned more BECAUSE YOU KNOW WHEN THEY MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT THEY Will most likely purchase more RP WITCH WILL EVENTUALLY LEAD TO A COMPANY SUE REGARDING TO MONEY THEFT AND MORE. Such as a random phone calls that charge us around 40 dollars for no reason.

I'm pretty sure anyone who loses their investment once is going to be pretty damn careful about investing again.

Lord Xcelsior

11-23-2012

I want to post suggestions for the tribunal heads....first i will cut and paste my initial feedback I sent riot.
I have been a member of LOL for over a year, I have always been a hard core gamer. I am 45 now and I was part of the initial MMO gaming generation who paved the way for several games including LoL by playing Warcraft/Dota etc which spawned LoL. My feedback is about the tribunal, I am an active member on it because I have seen soo much harassment and just unpleasent people to play with that ruin the game play experience for everyone. My suggestions are #1, when a player is reported for a inappropriate name, we need to see the name on it becomes hard for us to validate the report. Second, when a player gets reported it would be helpful to see who did the reporting, mainly the charachter i.e Ashe, or Ryse reported because alot of the time there is reporting done in retributuion of other people threatening reporting the person, also the person being reported may have been provoked by the person reporting and I know to look into what all of the chat says but it would be nice to see who is reporting so it can be validated as harassment that provoked a negative attitude or offensive language. I know for a fact I have been in games that people provoke others who may get frustrated and leave the game or start to lash back at the provokers causing them to become reported when if not provoked would not have been reported. Also I have noticed in several cases i review it seems alot of the chat is missing or not included in the tribunal review. So in short I think the tribunal is an awesome tool and I plan to keep processing cases because I hate seeing games ruined by people who have little or no control over their tempers or lack of ability to deal with other human beings in a competitive enviorment. :Lastly, not that I am looking for any rewards but is there any kind of reward system for people who spend time helping with the decisions in outcomes for these bad apples in the LoL community? Thanks and thumbs up to you guys, great game.

Lord Xcelsior

11-23-2012

My next post is I seen to come across many games to judge, and the other people in the game need to be punished more than the ones reported more times than not, other times people report someone for lets say bad language, I look thru the log and I see nothing from the reported person but there is 5 games and 2 or the 5 are justified for the report and the other 3 are not, it would be easier to somehow judge each game and differentiate the extreme from the arbitrary and that way the person is only punished for 2 of the 5 games and not for all 5 if he/she was not actually bad. And the reward for participating in the tribunal could be like an icon in the game or a banner showing they are a member of tribunal and the icons/banners can be different for the more cases you judge, same scalability as the ranked borders or honor banners, just somethig that rewards tribunal participants and that also shows before the game starts people who may judge the game and that would be a ery good deterrent for the jerks in the game.

Sentient23

11-24-2012

I have come across many players who drop comments such as "my friend is a riot staff member" or "i used to be part of riot staff" and i really do wonder if this is against the rules. i have never put in a real report about such things, but it is annoying to see someone borderline causing issues, and then making such comments as if this is going to protect them.