Tribunal FAQ

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 48
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qwert

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Can players reported in custom games end up in the Tribunal?

As someone who only does arab/m, the attitude of "lol reporting for a custom noob" is getting tiring.

FusedPositron

07-28-2012

I think it should be explicitly stated in the FAQ the reasons one should click on Punish. When I see "I was banned, but I wasn't that bad!" threads, and the history comes out, inevitably there's something wrong with their behavior. Even if they weren't intentionally feeding like the reports say, they should still be punished if the chat log is showing them to be a toxic influence, for example.

Also can you clear up the rules on judging cases with multiple incidents? I punish if any of the incidents show a violation of the summoners code, but is that intended? Or must it be a majority of incidents?

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Riot needs more of FAQs for stuff like "Champion Design" and "Riot's Future Direction in Lore" in the relevant forums.

Every champion profile might deserve an FAQ on their patch history too, to explain past changes. People deserve to know. Would be good advertisement for how Trundle is an awesome champ.

Example:

Question: I read that Ryze used to be a Nuke Caster. Why rework him to be more DPS oriented?
Answer: [Insert Riot's summary response]

Ko Hakoo

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwert View Post
Can players reported in custom games end up in the Tribunal?

As someone who only does arab/m, the attitude of "lol reporting for a custom noob" is getting tiring.
I have to agree with this. I am also a person who pretty much only plays arams, it would be great to hear how custom games are considered. At the moment it takes 10+ minutes to get into an ARAM thanks to queue dodging. When someone trolls, it ruins the experience for both sides.

I'm cool with someone being a little silly or using different builds. It's the guys who join solely to ruin the game (feeders, afkers, ragers) that I really hope my reports count against.

Totaltotemic

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The Tribunal automatically assigns some low-level penalties to players, such as e-mail warnings. More severe cases, however, are reviewed and assigned punishments manually by Player Support.
While I and most people that use the Tribunal probably know how this works, I don't think this answer is very clear. If you added something at the start like "After a Punish verdict, the Tribunal automatically....", you'd avoid some people thinking this means that those low-level penalties aren't actually voted on.

Killrazor

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusedPositron View Post
I think it should be explicitly stated in the FAQ the reasons one should click on Punish. ...
No, should be common sense. Also, read the summoner's code, you did agree to it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusedPositron View Post
Also can you clear up the rules on judging cases with multiple incidents? I punish if any of the incidents show a violation of the summoners code, but is that intended? Or must it be a majority of incidents?
Does not have to be the majority. Are they rude, toxic, being a jerk, ruining the game for others? If you answered yes, then punish. Quite simple.

Ask your self this, should a person who commits a crime only be punished if the majority of their crimes are really bad? No, it only takes one crime to do the time. Same with tribunal.

FusedPositron

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killrazor View Post
No, should be common sense. Also, read the summoner's code, you did agree to it...
Yes I get that, but time and time again, when I see threads discussing why someone was banned, they and quite a few other people get the impression that if they didn't break the rule they were reported for, they shouldn't be punished.

Thus, it should be FAQ-ified.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

07-29-2012
4 of 19 Riot Posts

Thanks Lyte for this FAQ

Sharag

07-29-2012

@Lyte:

You and other rioters have mentioned several times that people who were once in tribunal now need less reports to land in the tribunal again. Does this apply to everyone whose case ends up in tribunal or only for those who are punished?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-29-2012

Hmmm looking back... I wonder what it would look like the other way around, i.e. questions outside of quotes...

<.<

12345612 ... 48