Tribunal FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GophTheGreat

08-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mersinary09 View Post
how do u go around a permabann
Create a new account and don't behave in a manner that warrants punishment.

Argentino flash

08-18-2012

there is a permanent suspension? i wanna enter in my account and i banned until 2232 (this is insane I have invested much time and money on this game) and I never got an email reporting for the suspension. this is a error?

FallenInfinity

08-18-2012

Here's a new question for the FAQ:

Quote:
If a report is for one infraction, can I punish for a different one?
An example, the player has 3 reports in one game for feeding. Their score, isn't quite the score of a feeder. They have 7/8/5. There's no sign of them intentionally feeding in the chat logs, and it doesn't appear they had any worse of a score than others on their team.

But they're constantly verbally abusing others in the game. Continuously demoralizing the players on their team, and on their opponents team, with harsh language and just being an overall jerk.

Should the juror vote punish, for the blatant attack on other players?
Or should you vote pardon, as they were not intentionally feeding?

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

08-19-2012
18 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenInfinity View Post
Here's a new question for the FAQ:

An example, the player has 3 reports in one game for feeding. Their score, isn't quite the score of a feeder. They have 7/8/5. There's no sign of them intentionally feeding in the chat logs, and it doesn't appear they had any worse of a score than others on their team.

But they're constantly verbally abusing others in the game. Continuously demoralizing the players on their team, and on their opponents team, with harsh language and just being an overall jerk.

Should the juror vote punish, for the blatant attack on other players?
Or should you vote pardon, as they were not intentionally feeding?
In general, reviewers should look at the full case and all the details provided to decide: "Is this someone I would enjoy playing with?" I would not worry if the reports do not match up exactly with the toxic behaviors you might see in the game.

Gyzzmo63485

08-21-2012

My only question is one that I see on the forums very often, and thats the time it takes to get rewarded. I understand you only get rewards if the ending verdict matches your choice, but I've been doing I believe about 2 months and have never received an email.

FAQ says 2-3 weeks, just wondering if there is always an email because I think I have noticed small jumps in IP. Hard to notice as I never write down what my IP was at log-off.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to mention I was wondering if there is always and email because I have yet to ever receive one in regards to IP.

Sither52

08-22-2012

Would it be possible to view which cases you had decided upon correctly in the email you receive? I would definitely appreciate this as I often wonder if I made the proper decision.
Thanks.

CarlisleStyle

08-22-2012

**** the "Tribunal" it's such a bull**** way of trying to keep the game "player friendly". I get suspended for a case didn't even have a chance to defend myself against. I get banned for trash talking a guy who started it with me and his profanity is just as easily viewable in the chat log. **** the Tribunal. **** Riot. If you want this ***** **** to be fair, give a notification to the defendant and let him join a live chat room to explain himself, not blindside him with a ban you ****s. #****youguys

Kneesurgery

08-22-2012

I have recently discovered the existence of the tribunal system and have started using it. I think it's a great idea to have the community pass judgement on people who get reported for things. However, since I've only been using the system for a short number of days, I have been wondering how much ip you get as a reward for using the tribunal system correctly. I don't mind there being a 2-3 week waiting period, I would still use the tribunal even if there were no reward for it, but I'm just thinking it might be a good idea to tell people how much ip they get for it. just an idea.

Luey

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
While I and most people that use the Tribunal probably know how this works, I don't think this answer is very clear. If you added something at the start like "After a Punish verdict, the Tribunal automatically....", you'd avoid some people thinking this means that those low-level penalties aren't actually voted on.
I'd like to bring up this suggestion from page 2 of this thread again. I vote in the tribunal frequently and there are maybe 1 or 2 cases each day that I think to myself, "He wasn't really that bad, but probably deserves a warning for being so mean to his teammates and using some bad language. I wouldn't want to play with him." So I click punish.

It would make me feel better though if I could get some more context like "This player has received 3 email warnings, a punish verdict will send this case to Player Support" or "This player has a clean record, a punish verdict will result in a warning."

What are your thoughts on this, Lyte?

Also, I believe some players are being reported for things that they say in Team Selection and post-game Chat, but we don't see that in the tribunal report. Are there any plans to add those chat logs to the tribunal?

(Someone in this thread also suggested adding kills to the chat log. I liked that idea too. More context is always helpful in making decisions.)

4Touchdowns1Game

08-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
[NEW] How can I be sure that other players arenít abusing the system by spamming punish votes?
The Tribunal System has become increasingly and progressively more accurate in determining who is truly voting and who is spamming or farming IP. In the Tribunal, we intentionally have many cases that should be pardoned which forces players to judge each case carefully to maintain a high accuracy.
How about players abusing the system by spamming pardon votes? I've seen many cases where players who blatantly deserved to get punished actually got pardoned, and by a majority too.