How to get out of elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snaketeeth01

07-30-2012

Carry

If I could do this every game I would.
This is how badly I dominate bot lane, I deny the enemy, I lead in cs all game, I deny their jungler, and I push straight through 2 towers. Everytime they come at me, I kill them denying their entire team, while my team pushes and pushes.
Then we snowball so outta control we cannot eb stopped and we end 20/6.
yes I got first blood, and yes I led the entire match to an easy win in 24 minute's because I'm that strong a player, and my top mid didnt die or feed.

Meanwhile, their top and mid didn't feed, they were about even. But I was winning bottom so hard, it stopped their jungle.
Snowballed the team happydance all around.

I've been on the other side of this. Where the other adc was just better than me, or got lucky once and got 2 kill's. Now he has the gold where he doesnt have to have as much skill and can rely on gold.
So he snowballs and think's he's good.

BUT as long as my team hasn't fed too much, I can usually outplay them in the mid to late game by taking advantage of map control, warding, split pushing, and picking on the weak to powermyself up. There is a small window when you can do this, when roaming first opens and not one team is applying too much pressure. You can play "behind the scenes" and turn it around on them without them even knowing or being able to stop you.
I would consider that high level play.

Now in these same scenerio's, regardless of how well I can influence a game, and do SO much to push for a win.
All it take's is one terribad player to drag me to a loss.
Which again at this elo, it's higher odd's I'm gonna get worse player's.

I have a rhythem to adc where I know when to farm, when I'm going to apply pressure, I know exactly what time on the clock their jungler will want to come gank me. So this is when I have my jungler hit their top, and I pull back to my turret wasting their junglers time denying cs and gold.
Then I take back lane control and push.
If their jungler want's to come back for me, I deny him further. So now if their jungler wants to help my mid or top, hopefully they already have a kill or good position, good xp lead. So now their jungler will ONLY want to hit me, because I'm the only one he has a chance at hurting.

And so on.. I know my bot adc lane very well. But if I get a top that feed's, my game can be lost. I have to work harder.
When I have a bad tanky support who overcommit's and expects me to fight because they dont understand minion flow or wards. I can lose and have to work harder.
When my mid feed's, I can lose and now have to fight a burst ap with 4 levels on me and another 1.2K gold.
I can be doing just fine on bot and have a jungler come, waste his own time, and through off my wave control just because he want's to come poke at my lane.

So yes, I can carry hard like this and get an easy win, as long as I'm not being dragged down.
I've been on the other side of this, so I know enough to take advantage of their team or individual player weakness.
I have also lost games where I have a mad lead like this but then watch my team fall for 3 bush traps in a row, and feed 7 kills to them.
Which now, I have to work harder than I already am.

That is elo hell.

cyxrus

07-31-2012

You sound like an ******.

paperbatt

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethadind View Post
+1. New information, which is awesome. Well, relatively new. It's not the same old "Just be positive and do [insert random useless information here]." The biggest thing is it's got the "Do this or you're gonna suck" attitude, which is the only way a lot of people seem to get it through their heads that they actually need to do it, and not just read it.

Plus it's got comedy. That's always nice.

I'm assuming you copy/pasted this from a different site? MOBAFire? SoloMid? You might want to post the link, as I'm assuming it looks a bit better there.
I did not get this from another site i made this.....and everybody tht says tht this is a bad guid i saw your elo on www.lolking.com and it sucks worse then 1,300 someone got 1210 as highest elo LOL im 1600 so dont whine

paperbatt

08-01-2012

thumbs up for me being noob

paperbatt

08-01-2012

paperbatt

08-01-2012

bumb

Engrish

08-01-2012

I just started playing ranked and I quickly learned what the OP (paperbatt) was talking about. People will lag, disconnect, feed, and leave, but you won't. So, you have to take matters into your own hands and carry the team.

I find that about half the time bottom lane are idiots. Either the ADC or support will be stupid. I tried playing ADC once and I got a Jax as a "support." There are barely any good support players. So, I started playing support because I would always play support with my "1800 ELO" friends in normal games. Then I learned that there are so many stupid, kill-hungry, naive AD carries and they blame me for not helping when they randomly dive into 2 enemies. This made me rage.

Now I play solo top or AP mid. I was once forced to play solo top Blitzcrank against Riven (because my teammates randomly switched champs). Despite Blitz's non-existent sustain I won top because I had a good jungler who ganked every time Riven overpushed. Note: many beginners overpush too much. Take advantage of that. I went 19-2-24 to carry my team... actually this was kinda bad because I stole too many kills.... but 1 Blitz grab meant death once I got fed.

I agree with the OP. I don't think I'm in ELO hell because I just started playing ranked, but you I feel like most of the time top, middle, and jungler are doing all the work. Also... the AD carry chases much. xD

paperbatt

08-01-2012

ty so muchfor adding tht story

Downeyjones

08-03-2012

Well, I gotta say, I've been following the tip in this guide for a few days now and seeing pretty good success, even when my team is bad. Of course, you were right, I get some people that calling me on everything from ks to other stuff. In the end, I'm getting lots of kills and assist with pretty low deaths.

Thank you for the help, I'm going to continue with this method and try to get out of ELO hell.

paperbatt

08-03-2012

yw downy