How to get out of elo hell

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

paperbatt

07-29-2012

Maybe duhizy maybe

NefariousNomad

07-30-2012

Thanks for this. Good info.

paperbatt

07-30-2012

yw nefarious NOMAD

Lethadind

07-30-2012

+1. New information, which is awesome. Well, relatively new. It's not the same old "Just be positive and do [insert random useless information here]." The biggest thing is it's got the "Do this or you're gonna suck" attitude, which is the only way a lot of people seem to get it through their heads that they actually need to do it, and not just read it.

Plus it's got comedy. That's always nice.

I'm assuming you copy/pasted this from a different site? MOBAFire? SoloMid? You might want to post the link, as I'm assuming it looks a bit better there.

LiveVu

07-30-2012

Elo Hell is anything under 1800 in my opinion.

Snaketeeth01

07-30-2012

I have played jungle shaco, went 15-0, my team had 23-8.

And we still lost.

I will play jungler, and my ganks might only get me their flash. Which does not give me gold or xp, but it does help my lane.
If my lane dies anyway, not only does the opponent get the gold and xp advantage, but I get absolute no return for my effort anyway.
So now not only amd I down in xp and gold, but that failed lane can't hold their own weight, so i have to play underfed and babysit one lane.

I have ran through a hundred strategies, idea's, way's to carry myself, nothing works.

When I join in with 4 random player's, they do not know my playstyle, they do not know my runes, they do not know my masteries, And yet, when they see my champion, they autolatically think of the cookie cutter build i "have" to have (despite me not having gold for it because they dont feed me kills). And they over commit to fight's, then blame me for not jumping in.

I have played kat with 11 soulstealer stack's, 4 occult stacks, a revolver, spellvamp quints and mastieres, and a rhylias. I hit like a truck. But the problem was I had to face 4 tank's, who decided to roll together as one blob while their teemo split pushed. Do you think my team had enough sense to get together, poke them, poke them, poke them, poke them, poke them, then cc them so I could ult?
Of course not.
They took our 9 kill lead, got cocky, dove in on every "fight" against 4 full hp tank's. Then *****ed at me because I didnt jump in.

Oh and these wern't 5v4 fight's, either.
I had to watch 2 of my "tanks" dive into 4 then blame me for losing the fight.

So regardless of how I build, regardless of how I am playing my champion. It is somebody elses actin's influencing the loss.

You can't say "oh don't play these champs cuz you can't carry your team"
Nobody can.
I have taken cait bot lane, got myself 6-0, denied enemy farm, denied jungler..
But then when roaming opens do you think my team continued to let me get kills and rape face?
Of course not.
My next 15 kills, were all taken from me, so in the end we lost. And my score was 7-10-18.
Oh but it was my fault, because I didn't build an IE, BT, PD.
They expect me to build these massive item's to carry them since they fed their lane's.. but then the first chance they fight around me they take my kills.

Here's something I understand that apparently nobody in my <650 elo don't.
As a jungler, I need kill's so I can buy items fast to sustain myself in the jungle, so that I CAN help my lane's whenever I want.
So when I go bot to help and I give 2 kills to my adc, yes that will help them win their lane. But they can still **** up and feed other adc, or jungler.
Meanwhile my top is begging for a gank, but I dont have the power to bring a good ganks cuz everything was left in bottom.
I cannot tell you how many times I have had people tell me jungler's do not need kill's.

The ignore button in thei game is your best friend.

I find I win more game's if I ignore all the player's the moment the game start's. Play in silence.
Nobody is any good anyway.

Nobody ward's, so you have to buy all those too. Especially if your team is losing, and you've lost map position, you need ward's more.
But since your the poor one and the only one warding, you will just stay poor because what little gold you have is going into map control and not your champ.

I think I am the only adc I have ever seen that will buy ward's for my own lane.

I know more than to just tell my support to "just buy gp5 items"
Because I know, support needs wards, potion's, AND GOLD FOR GP5!
Which if you are not giving them assists, they will not get.

If you are going to adc, know that you will have the highgest score on your team, so will be the enemies first focus.
But you cannot rely on a single person on your team to protect you, because people only think "fight kill attack", and they do not realize as an adc I don't need kill's setup for me, I need to wear their health down, and strike at the best moment when it happens organically.
Let me manage my position, mana and cooldowns, because I know when I can commit to a fight.
Being pulled into a fight because somebody else thinks I should be, does not help the team whatsoever.
But welcome to elo hell.

I stopped calling a role and offer to fill so people can play what they are good at.
So when I offer to fill as a jungler, somebody will call support leano. And then go 0/5/1 in 12 minute's.
Oh but wait, somehow my elo score is supposed to mean something?
When I have people like this lose 5 out of 7 game's in a single day. That's bull****.

If everyone's solution to elo hell is to carry yourself out, then you are just telling me I have to play like an 1800, just to carry these 600's who cannot THINK, just so I can get 12.
But that's not enough, I have to do this game after game after game. Because you admit, you cannot rely on anybody.

I've played duo's.
It's not bad, except we still have to carry 3 bad player's, and it only take's one of them to feed horrendously to cause the downfall of the entire game.

If I go on a loss streak, I get first pick more often. Which mean's now I cannot counterpick. I am more likely to get counterpicked, so I shouldn't be taking top or mid. And riot's plan is if I am on a loss streak, to fit me with "worse" player's, who are lower elo.
But then I'll win 2 in a row, i'll get last pick, and think" oh maybe these guy's are better than me.

But again, elo mean's absolutely nothing. I have dropped down to 550. I never thought I would be dragged down that low, but 4 day's straight of elo hell bull**** time and time again, really take's a toll on you.
Just because somebody has 50 more elo tahn me does not mean they are a better player than me.
It does not mean that they play smarter than me.
That they call mia, they ward, they know how to control minion flow.
It's just a number.
They litteraly could have just been carried 6 game's straight. And now they just so happen to be thrown in a game where I am the low elo.
because wouldn't that really imply that my first pick's.. are the one's who are on the loss streak?
Which mean's they are mentally upset, frustrated and going to try too hard to win and make more mistake's than me. Who is confident, clear thinking, and thinking "wow, I just carried myself 3 out of 4 game's as top olaf, I'm gonna keep doing this.
But all the game's I do get last pick, I get no respect anyway because as a last pick, I'm automatically branded as the noob.

WTF kiind of system is this?

Junkie Cosmonaut

07-30-2012

This is a terrible guide. If anyone follows this, you deserve the 200 elo you'll end up with, and the 9 reports of "Refusing to communicate with team", "Unskilled player" and "Spamming".

Players like you and the people who listen to you are the cancer that killed what was once a great community.

Wanna get out of elo hell for sure? Be nice to everyone, don't spam pings, communicate with your team, help out during fights, stop worrying about your KDR, worry about towers, stop building glass cannon all the time, and buy wards even if you aren't the support. There, with one short list of instructions I promise you'll get out of whatever hell you're in. Unless, of course, you deserve to be there.

Snaketeeth01

07-30-2012

just lost a game where i go 13-1 in mid. But my bot lane feeds 2 kills to draven everytiem I'm not there.
But I still have to get kills in mid, and kills on top, and ward everywhere in between, and have %90 of my team's kill's.

When it so so obvious that I am doing %90 of the work on my team, wouldnt that mean I am ridiculously more skilled than them? But I get match with them anyway. And I have to carry carry carry carry carry.

So what would happen if I had a competant team where I can focus on what I need to fit into the team, instead of having to worry about warding, calling mia, calling out timers, pinging objevtives,ganking lanes, protecting buff's, and covering every aspect of the game.
I should be able to perform much better.

It's not hard to maintain a decent elo, but it is impossible to reach that decent elo.
I never thought I would dip below 600. And yet I get the worst anchors on the team.

Anyone over 1K can bite me. I don't need your theories about how to get out, when I make my first pick, I go 13-1, but I have 2 troll picks when we need a tank.
So not only do they feed, but they feed as squishies, so they don't just continue to feed.
They get nuked because they have no possible way to survive the onsluaght.

So regardless of my ability to juke their shot's, bait out cooldowns, set traps, ward, ping positions and direction's. I will still have my 0/9 xin, my 0/6/1 leano, my 3/0/1 raka feeding. And I can't stop it.
When I play adc twitch and have somebody pick raka then steal all my kills because they think I am trolling as adc twitch.. that is not my deserved loss.
So even though i can setup a kill and knock it down, I get less than half the gold that I should be getting.
Meanwhile my team feed's.
So when I do face them, I have assists and not kill's thanks to my support, and then I get flamed for not having super item's.

So in roaming when I have to adapt into movespeed, sustain, mana, cdr, I cant just save my gold for a BF. Once i lose my freefarm i have to adapt build.
So yes I can turn a game around by building zeal, phage, hexdrink, chalice on cait.
It lets me roam all day, and I can not only ddeal damage, but kite so I don't take damage.
So when I adapt build like this against a fed team, that's me playing smart.
But no, my team doesn't see this.
They just continue to not ward, take all the kill's (the kills I do get they call killsteal), and they ***** about me about being noob because i dont have PD IE.
Which if I did I would be glass cannon, and feeding. But I know this.

So all I get from my bad teamate's, is their bad advice, and comment's about how bad i am. And these are my teamate's.
Every game.

I'll call and pick an adc, and have my fourth pick take ashe anyway.
But that's somehow my fault?
So when we lose from not having a heal, and my ashe fed.
Did I just lose elo because I deserved the loss?

I cannot say that this does not happen at 1400 elo.
But I guarentee that this does not happen every game like it does at 600.

FlavenMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

I concur with your assertation that ELO hell is ~900 ELO. The VERY first time I got a lucky win steak that took me above 1k ELO, I immediately rose another 200 ELO in less than a week (after spending months in the 900s) and have never dropped below 1100 ELO since (200-300 ELO higher than where I was stuck).

Snaketeeth01

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavenMan View Post
I concur with your assertation that ELO hell is ~900 ELO. The VERY first time I got a lucky win steak that took me above 1k ELO, I immediately rose another 200 ELO in less than a week (after spending months in the 900s) and have never dropped below 1100 ELO since (200-300 ELO higher than where I was stuck).
I cant even maintain above 650.

123456 ... 7