Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Tristana, bringer of much pain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grovel

01-07-2010

I will say this about OP's build: Trinity Force + Phantom Dancer + Zerker's makes for a crazy fast Tristana. All those items are so expensive I didn't get to the 2nd half of the shopping list by the time the game ended, but Phage + that kind of movement speed pretty much ensured no one was getting away from a 1v1 if I jumped them.

The most obvious thing about OP's build though is the complete lack of survival (outside of Phage and run speed). This Champ BEGS for life leech, and I love the idea of making Malady your first substantial upgrade. Definitely take the Vamp Scepter over Doran's.

Fallen 62

01-14-2010

Wow, I forgot all about this guide. I'll probably update it soon after playing a little with Trist and trying new things. I haven't played her in a while, but at a first glance at the items, I would prolly build her this way:

Vamp Scepter
Zeal
Zeal
Phage
Boots
Zeal + Phage -> Tri Force (get sheen if need be before Tri Force)
Zeal->Phantom Dancer
Boots->Zerk Boots
BF Sword + Scepter -> Bloodthirster
BF Sword
Pickaxe
BF Sword + Pickaxe -> IE
Last item depends on the team you're facing, but most likely go Recurve Bow, then either Wit's End, Last Whisper, or Bloodrazor. Or you can get another Zeal and do another Phantom.

Like I said, I'll play more and test things out and see how things go with a few different builds.

Seath

01-14-2010

This is my first post on the forums, but I thought I'd chime in with what is arguably my best character.

I would have to say Trinity Force is lost on Trist as well; reason being is that the Sheen part of the Trinity is mediocre at best on Trist. I also think that anything beyond two levels of Explosive Shot are lost.

My skill order is Rocket Jump first, then 2 levels of Explosive, then alternate between Buster > Rocket > Rapid Shot > Explosive as priority.

The thing that sets me apart from most other Trists is my rune page. I have a full book of crits, allowing me to have 25% Crit Chance at the start of the game with a Brawler's Glove. I buy the glove first and foremost, and upgrade it into either a Zeal or an Executioner's depending on my opponents after getting a Berserker's Greaves. With a high crit chance, you do upwards of 100 damage on most squishy characters at level 1; landing you an easy first blood.

I also HIGHLY recommend Flash and Exhaust on Trist. This gives you easy early kills, and you shouldn't be initiating with Trist, but a Rocket Jump into a group of Enemies helps out really well in Team Fights, and then you flash out of there and start pumping your auto attack damage with a bit of help from Rapid Shot.

I hardly find that any good player will be stupid enough to get close enough to your tower at early levels to get a Buster Shot tower kill early enough; what I tend to do is buy a health and mana potion early and try to wear down my opponent, then unleash a torrent of Rocket/Explosive/Buster shot, you can easily nuke down an enemy from 600 health to nothing in seconds. I was thinking of making a Trist guide soon; but I'd want to hit level 30 summoner first and finish filling my pages. That's just a few things I have to say about my favorite character.

Fallen 62

01-22-2010

I've gone through and updated the guide, including items, skills, runes... Pretty much everything. If you look at my profile, you'll probably see some fairly bad games lately, but I blame MM for those :P As noted at the top of the guide, the build is quite squishy and that should always be taken into consideration when playing her with this build.

NibelungValestí

Recruiter

01-22-2010

In slightly more balanced games, saving up money to buy items for trinity force in early/mid stages will usually get you behind the game. None of Trist's skills have a fast enough cooldown to be able to spam the true purpose of trinity force (the sheen part).

I believe time is more optimized in getting some lifesteal like malady or stark, followed by boots, followed by IE or cleaver or bloodthirster. If you leveled up Q quite a bit early game, you'll be able to sustain from your lifesteal in your lane provided you don't become too cocky with yourself. If you like ASPD, go sword of the divine. If you like DPS, build a 2nd sword or cleaver of your choice.

Not saying trist can't get kills early game, but spending money on a huge project like trinity will delay your mid-game performance, and the snowballing will begin.

trixxi

06-14-2010

"Q – Rapid Fire (increases Trist’s attack speed for 7 seconds) I tend to wait on this skill a little bit, working on both W and E first."

"Get your Q (Rapid Fire) skill up early and add 1 point into both E (Explosive Shot) and W (Rocket Jump) to help you with that and make sure to get a lot of last hits"

I see a bit of a contradiction here.

ByakuyaKurosaki

09-07-2011

Trist is one of my favorite characters.