Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] Tristana, bringer of much pain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Klazzix

12-18-2009

I lose hope in any Tristana DPS carry I see running around with a Trinity Force. Her skills aren't meant for Trinity Force, look at the cooldown of her skills. 4k gold for something you can proc once every 10 seconds? Gotta be kidding me. The fight would be done in less than 10 if you chose another better item than Trinity Force.

Eli noobinator

12-27-2009

what do you guys think about giving trist a malady. it gives a great attack speed boost as well as some staying power with the life steal and increased damage to enemy champions.

Sefam

Recruiter

12-27-2009

I like using Sword of the Divine;

+55% Attack Speed UNIQUE Passive: Every fourth attack deals 100 extra Magic Damage. UNIQUE Active: Your attacks cannot be dodged and you gain 30 Armor Penetration for 5 sec.

It gives Tristana much needed IAS, extra damage even without it's active and bypassing dodging for 5 seconds along with doing EVEN MORE damage with Armor Penetration.

Along with Malady and another pure damage item like Black Cleaver and Tristana pretty much rapes if she can get in position to do so. The only problem with this build is that Tristana lacks HP/Armor but if everyone focus on you it pretty much doesn't matter, same for stuns.

ehukaifalcon

12-27-2009

I am a tristina player and almost alays win when I play with her mid and my build goes as follows

start with vamp septor

First off dont go to fountain until you can afford a malady (great attackspeed / lifesteal) and bonus is great when you have massive attack speed which you will

- I then usually get some Beserker's Greaves ( now you have all the attack speed you need for now)

- I then go straight for Infinity Edge which will boost damage huge

- Now it depends (if theres no starks i will build one) otherwise I will usually go bloodthirster

-usually game is over after this but I will sometimes get a Phantom Dancer or black clevor

-IF your getting harassed a ton build a phage / frozen mallet (some extra hitpoints and slow is nice)

(I always have a few pots handy too)

- more tips

-I use a heavy crit runebook and my main mastery is attack
- dont forget to spam active on explosove shot if you have the mana and know when you can use buster shot for the kill (in other words watch health)
-for summoner spells I usually get exust and tele (if not a premade) and exust and rally (if premade)
- If arn't set up for mana regen try and save mana for a kill combo
- for skills I go EWEWQR and so forth use Q for killing towers and team fights

Granrok

01-03-2010

Anyone done anything with her and Ability Power Items?

OrangeCommander

01-04-2010

Quote:
Anyone done anything with her and Ability Power Items?

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=246969&posted=1#post246969

Kalathos

01-04-2010

Quote:
Fallen 62:
If you're not using rapid fire you're going to want more IAS anyway... And more dmg isn't always the answer. If you have a higher attack speed and higher chance to crit but lower damage, you could apply just as much if not more damage than a lower attack speed, lower crit chance and higher damage. It's a toss up IMHO, and I prefer to go the Crit/IAS way with less damage to start the game. If you attack at 2.5 times/sec, critting 90% of the time at 100 dmg a hit, you're going to do roughly 250-500 damage/sec (worst case-best case), with the average probably about 350 dmg/sec. If you attack at 1.5 times/sec, critting 50% of the time at 150 dmg, you're looking at 225-400 dmg/sec (worst case-best case).

I'm pulling numbers out of the air a bit, but they aren't unreal or unreasonable. I'd go with more IAS/Crit Chance and less damage over less IAS/crit chance and more damage any day of the week.

Also, I go Trinity force for the added life/mana, slow chance, IAS, crit, etc. The AP isn't really needed (but can help some), but the rest of the stuff I feel makes it worth it.

thats not that much damage for what you could be pulling as tristana. when i play her i hit for 1k to 1.2k maybe more on each hit and with rapid fire boosting my attack speed to 2.0 thats over 2000 damage per sec isnt it? I have taken on 4 at once with the damage output i do on tristana

Beegly Boogs

01-04-2010

What the **** items do you have to be hitting for 1k damage? The only chance you have of 1v4ing non-morons is if they have NO disables or you are 20 kills higher than them. She's so squishy :/

Nastharl

01-04-2010

w e e q e r e q to max, w to max, last point should be to e at 18.

In order, Boots 3 health pots, save up 1600, Zerk Boots + Madreds Razor, Malady as you can, Cleaver as you can.

As soon as you get malady + razor, Go kill dragon + lizard. Now proceed to gank everyone low.

If you get cleaver soon enough, the stack will drop everyone into the negative, and your team gets bonus damage on them.

You will break peoples face very fast.

Kalathos

01-04-2010

Quote:
Bagga:
What the **** items do you have to be hitting for 1k damage? The only chance you have of 1v4ing non-morons is if they have NO disables or you are 20 kills higher than them. She's so squishy :/

umm i had bloodthirster, infinity, black cleaver, phantom dancer, and either frozen mallet or banshe's veil or both lol