Memory Leak causes huge lag

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneVendetta

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireworkmuffins View Post
Its not so much the actual wattage it needs, its the 12v rail. And everything in the computer is being supplied with enough power.

Edit: Im also not overclocking.
u need a better PSU. Better luck next time HEUEHUEHUEHU

ShinobiNFC

07-28-2012

How do you know it's a memory leak? Did you just assume?

One of the easier ways to check (at least if it's severe) is just to ctrl-alt-del then watch the memory usage of the application.

Memory leaks the majority of the time will affect everyone, not specific hardware configurations. Perhaps there's a memory leak in a driver for a piece of hardware in your system from a rarely used call.

EDIT: or it could be the power usage as other people have said :x

fireworkmuffins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiNFC View Post
How do you know it's a memory leak? Did you just assume?

One of the easier ways to check (at least if it's severe) is just to ctrl-alt-del then watch the memory usage of the application.

Memory leaks the majority of the time will affect everyone, not specific hardware configurations. Perhaps there's a memory leak in a driver for a piece of hardware in your system from a rarely used call.

EDIT: or it could be the power usage as other people have said :x
Yes for the most part I am assuming, but league takes up a lot of memory for no reason, launcher 300k +, game is 800-1000k.

Edit: I reaaaaally don't think its a power issue.

Chislayer Osiris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

You should send this to support, dude.
Try to narrow down your proof for the memory leak, too.
The better detail you can give them, the easier it will be for them to find it.

Memory leaks can be a ***** to find and fix.

Skilliard

07-28-2012

check the memory usage in the task manager, it might not be a memory but rather certain particles that lag you up.

ShinobiNFC

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireworkmuffins View Post
Yes for the most part I am assuming, but league takes up a lot of memory for no reason, launcher 300k +, game is 800-1000k.

Edit: I reaaaaally don't think its a power issue.
Try starting a game and watch for it to steadily rise. If it peaks at around 1000k and stays there then it's probably something else. If it gradually increases after that then it's a memory leak of some kind. Of course the next step after that is figuring out exactly where it came from. I'm used to handling this from the other side where I can check/profile the source code so I don't really know any other way to check it outside of watching the process manager.

fireworkmuffins

07-28-2012

Gonna send in a ticket.

fireworkmuffins

07-28-2012

While sitting here, I noticed that the LolClient.exe has risen from 300k usage to 330k in less than 30 minutes....hmm

HikariKnight

07-28-2012

OP needs to repost this in Tech Support forums with his dxdiag logs. You will get much better help there.

fireworkmuffins

07-28-2012

Update, just updated adobe air to see if it helps.