Memory Leak causes huge lag

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fireworkmuffins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Specs.

Asus z68 motherboard
Intel i5-2500 processor 3.30GHz
Windows 7 64 bit
8 Gigabytes of ddr3 corsair vengeance ram
500 gigabyte 16mb cache 7200 rpm western digital hardrive (Yes ik hd needs an upgrade)
500w power supply
geforce 560ti graphics card

Problem: League ran fine for 7 months on old store bought computer, built this one myself (huge upgrade) and 3 months down the road, all of a sudden 1/8 games I will go from a solid 60 fps (200 at benchmark no vsync) down to a solid 15-20 with HUGE skips and absolutely impossible playing conditions.

After this happens every game will have the problem untill I completely restart my computer. But it appears to be random, could be the first game of the day, could be the last.

~Any known solutions? Anyone else with this problem?

Extra info - Don't have a problem running skyrim/saints row/guild wars 2 at all max settings.

Edit:While sitting here, I noticed that the LolClient.exe has risen from 300k usage to 330k in less than 30 minutes....hmm
Edit: 356k
Edit: LoL client at 488k now WOW thats a jump

fireworkmuffins

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Bump...

fireworkmuffins

07-28-2012

Need answers...this keeps getting pushed down.

fireworkmuffins

07-28-2012

bump for knowledge.

Templar2k7

07-28-2012

love how you said HD needs and upgrade but not your power supply

NamedTraxis

07-28-2012

Mine does the same, I can go 2 days straight without issues, then randomly I'll get 1-2 15 fps games out of no where.

fireworkmuffins

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar2k7 View Post
love how you said HD needs and upgrade but not your power supply

Power supply is 500, and thats what the 560ti needs.

fireworkmuffins

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamedTraxis View Post
Mine does the same, I can go 2 days straight without issues, then randomly I'll get 1-2 15 fps games out of no where.
Ok, so im not a lone here. That is kinda good I guess.

FoxAmidstStars

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireworkmuffins View Post
Power supply is 500, and thats what the 560ti needs.
DUde, thats what the graphic card needs ALONE. Are you including your processor and your sound card and everything else in your computer with that?

fireworkmuffins

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxAmidstStars View Post
DUde, thats what the graphic card needs ALONE. Are you including your processor and your sound card and everything else in your computer with that?
Its not so much the actual wattage it needs, its the 12v rail. And everything in the computer is being supplied with enough power.

Edit: Im also not overclocking.