Should I get Varus, draven, or ezreal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aran888888

07-28-2012

Title says all. Please explain your choice, I want reasons to why I should get a champion.

Wuju Die Please

07-28-2012

Depends on your playstyle. They are all strong carries but are a bit more difficult than traditional right-click to win ones. For pure damage, I think Draven wins if you maintain axes, but Ezreal is probably the best competitive pick. Varus just seems a bit lack-luster to me.

8 Bit Astronaut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Varus is the only AD Carry I play now (I don't usually play it anymore. Jungling is WAY too much fun. Every lane is farm farm harass farm kill farm. Jungling is gank, gank, have small skirmishes, counter-jungle, gank gank.)

He's MORE like a Carry/Physical caster, so it's usually good to take Bloodthirster first. More AD = stronger abilities. Then PD, then IE. However, in late-game you'll fore-go your abilities because auto-attacking for crits is much better than using time to cast an ability. Using your Q to 1v1 someone is time wasted on potential critical hits.

However, his ult can bring a lot to a team-fight, and his Q can snipe-secure kills, and become an excellent and safe harassment tool.

For competitive play, Ezreal is still better for the mobility and just in general. Look at it like Jungle Zyra. It works, and doesn't gimp your team, but in competitive play it's a bad idea.

Justlnfinite

07-28-2012

Draven out trades almost every single bot lane combination in the game. The only problem is that he can be counterpicked. Taric and Ashe as well as Taric and Urgot do quite well against him. Late game he has a bit above average carrying ability. One other notable trait is that he can get 1k crits very early in the game if you rush Infinity Edge.

Varus' damage and abilities shine throughout the game, with the exception of lategame where his damage falls off a little bit. You can get Blight procs off on tanks, but at this stage of the game they typically have enough magic resistance to make the blight proc mediocre damage compared to your autoattacks. I'd only call it a slight fall-off as he makes up for this in utility via his ultimate and E. Let's also not forget his poking ability with Q. W makes it quite easy to farm, also.

Ezreal has very good early and mid game damage. If he gets any sort of advantage he can snowball it very well and end the game quickly with his team to avoid the large damage drop that he is notorious for late game. He works very well in and against team comps that use attack speed because of his W, and functions great in poke comps. Can chase much more efficiently compared to Varus and Draven and his a very good repositioning ability/escape.

CloudZVangaalen

07-28-2012

Ezreal. blondes are cool.

EmrldCitySlasher

07-28-2012

Varus is very fun. Q is an amazing harassing tool and W makes it hella easy to farm

Faiike

07-28-2012

Draven if you play very, very aggressive at levels 1-3. He beats "everyone" in the game at that range in harass due to sheer damage output. He's also probably the absolute best chaser of any AD carry. Sivir and Vayne are both good, but his damage output with two axes juggling as he runs at you is just... unreal.

That said, his positioning leaves a lot to be desired. He's very predictable, and it's almost impossible to reach his max damage output. It's not a matter of skill to get it, it's a matter of who you are fighting.

Ezreal is very mobile, has decent poke, and is very fun. High skill cap, decent damage output, and can outtrade most AD carries in lane due to Essence Flux. He actually can outduel Draven. He's also very mana reliant, though... To keep up everything, that is.

However, his damage isn't the highest lategame (behind Draven, Kog, Vayne, Tristana, Graves, and Twitch IIRC). Though, that's like saying you're the worst batter at the All-Star Game (And he's not even the worst. His damage is somewhere in the middle.) His biggest issue is that he's reliant on skillshots, which can be bodyblocked by tanks.

Varus is very underrated. He has the 6th longest range among AD carries (behind Twitch with S&P, Kog, Trist at level 5+, Caitlyn, and Ashe). His W makes trading with him at early levels great. His E is an AoE slow that makes him great to have in a gank, especially against a support like Sona or Soraka due to the 50% AoE Heal Debuff. He is the only champ in game with that utility. His largest strength is his ultimate, which is absolutely devastating. Of the three, Varus 100% has the best ultimate. You're an AD carry with a 2s root... great for initiation.

His issues? His Q is avoidable if fully charged (when actually fighting, just fast-fire it to proc W), his E has relatively small radius, and his passive is VERY unreliable. He does snowball fights well thought. He has no instant-escape like Ezreal, and no MS buff like Draven, so he's a sitting duck if caught out. He also has the lowest DPS of the three.

I would personally suggest Varus though. God Arrow is so rewarding when you properly snipe someone with it. He also clears waves the best of the three, and his ability to initiate works great in many comps.

Itchyy

07-28-2012

I just picked up Ezreal and I love him

Despised Fury

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudZVangaalen View Post
Ezreal. blondes are cool.
Hitler said that too.

iStandAloney

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

I think draven has a lot of potential, but you just can't go pubstomping with him, you'd need a lot of experience,or at least that is what i think after playing some games with him, and yeah he is extremely good at lvl1-3 so if you like raping early game go for him. Varus is good and fun too, i like him because he's also kind of a burst AD, like graves or corki, and his ult is way too good to be ignored. You should buy ezreal if you love landing skillshtos and you're good at it, he's fun and he is probably a little bit better than Draven/Varus (Those two are not played much so i don't fully understand when and where they shine).