Adjust display of Basic Attack in the HUD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bashazzle

07-28-2012

Recommendation:

Adjust the display of basic attack damage to show ad vs ap modifiers

i.e.

A champion has an unmodified basic attack of 75.

75 (75+0)

Warwick has a basic attack which 78. (+3 magic damage passive)

78 (75+3)

Warwick buys a Long Sword(+10)

88(75+3+10)

Warwick buys a Malady(+20 magic damage per basic attack)
108(75+23+10)

Purpose:
I think this would help identify the source of "Mixed Damage", a topic I see popping up in the forums. Displaying the basic attack modifiers by damage type will provide more insight to the source of damage a champion is building or in building a champion toward dealing mixed damage.

GoForkUrself

07-28-2012

Adding onto this, how about showing crit chance, lifesteal, armor penetration, etc. when rolling the cursor over AD. Also it could show effective basic attack damage by using the formula of AD * {100% + [crit chance * crit damage modifier]}. You could also have this same formula multiplied by attack speed to calculate Basic attack DPS.

The crit damage modifier would start at 100%, be increased by 50% for getting an infinity edge, and be increased by smaller amounts with runes and masteries that increase crit damage. I feel this would make it easier for players to learn how well their items work when experimenting with builds.

Bashazzle

07-28-2012

Yeah, maybe an option for an informative HUD. That would be great for build assistance. I could understand how in play that could be a little cluttered with all that information, but making it toggle-able would be a great build debugging tool.