Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Kay so it's time to get real about Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Top Hat

07-30-2012

I love Nasus. I have always been a 'passive farmer' type, though I've obviously had to adapt to the more aggressive gameplay LoL has. Nasus just "fit the bill" for me, though. Everything you said was pretty spot on in regards to the champion - one part gave me mixed feelings: "Must just be a bad Nasus, right? Farming top lane while his team needs him, and the laning phase is over."

I hate this so much because it's true. Nasus is the kind of champion that should be farming past the lane phase. His team should be stalling the game out and playing defense. Unfortunately, that's not what players are accustomed to, so when you try to convince them of this, it's impossible. I cannot tell you how many times I've had some irritated player come and push my lane when I freeze it at my 2nd tower past the 20 minute mark. I could sit there and free-farm that lane for a good 8-10 minutes with ease, but my own team mates will not allow it. It always blows my mind.

Depending on the lane, I usually get ~250-300 on my Q by the end of it - most top laners are incredibly aggressive now which, as you've stated, makes it tough to farm. However, once the tower goes down, you better believe I'm freezing that sucker for as long as I can. Strangely enough, it's almost always my allies who unfreeze it. On the rare occasion they let me farm in peace, I watch my Q double in no time. It gets to ridiculous proportions because I can safely last hit literally every single creep for wave upon wave. Why people refuse to allow that is beyond me. They seem to think that me joining fights at 20 minutes in will tip the scales in our favor; wrong, I'm Nasus. Unless I somehow managed to dominate my lane, that's not going to happen. Perhaps if people didn't give up so many kills in the first 20 minutes, the effective 5v4 mid-game wouldn't be so difficult.

The other frustrating aspect of playing Nasus is that every kill the enemy team gets indirectly makes you weaker. People think it's worth it to get themselves a kill or two and die in the process - in many cases, it is. Not when you have Nasus on your team, however. The best playstyle to employ when you have an allied Nasus, in my opinion, would be passive-aggressive. By this, I mean using your risk assessment skills wisely. Don't overextend for a kill - ever. You can trade in lane, attempt to zone the enemy, whatever, just be careful. Try your ****edest not to die. The rational behind this is just like you said: Nasus essentially scales off of his ability to tank. The longer he can stay alive, the more Qs he can spit out and more his ult has to offer. When enemies get kills (or are allowed to free farm), they obviously get stronger making it harder for Nasus to tank them.

Beanjerman

08-01-2012

I agree with what the problems the OP is addressing, and the solutions that Hyfe suggested. Wither is definitely OP end game, because of the 100% uptime with 2 seconds to spare. It is especially strong if there is only one or two targets to throw it onto.

For example, against a double AP composition, there is only 1 target which requires wither, the AD carry. This allows the AD carry to be permaslowed and out of the fight, even if they have QSS or banshees veil, since there will only be a 5 second window for the AD carry to attack without a slow from Nasus (assuming the rest of Nasus team does not have a cc for the ad carry).

If you get to midgame as Nasus without your team falling behind, Nasus actually does well at objectives (especially if he has teleport). Nasus's ult does immense % damage to dragon/baron, almost as much as having an additional person attacking the objective, allowing your team to take dragon/baron very, very quickly.

Darmikau

08-03-2012

Gonna give this a little bump

stàr

08-03-2012

Bumb, could not read all but read most of it

Kmiavdaen

08-03-2012

well said, he could use some love, game changed too much.

DMG1

08-03-2012

Quote:
Monopoly Legend:

They seem to think that me joining fights at 20 minutes in will tip the scales in our favor; wrong, I'm Nasus. Unless I somehow managed to dominate my lane, that's not going to happen.

And that's exactly why people don't really play Nasus much anymore. You're basically giving the enemy team a solid 20+ min timeframe, and requiring an easy lane top for him to farm against because lets face it you aren't gonna be farming well vs aggressive in your face SUPER BODY mode champs (nobody realistically would early pick a top lane that's gonna lose or be easy for Nasus. Don't even bother covering how easy it is to find a hard MU for Nasus top if you have to pick before they do).

Picking Nasus doesn't help the team individually. It forces your team to play a certain way and help him out immensely if he's outclassed in his lane for him to even think about scaling on par with other top lanes sometime before 30 min. You're asking your team almost to go on 4v5, deal with dragon fights because YOU WILL NOT BE THERE if you are farming Q up top (could take teleport but Nasus even with farm early on is gonna lose to most bruisers and not be great teammate). You aren't going to be ganking mid if your poor buddy is having trouble, no going into their jungle with your jungler/solo and doing any shenanigans, no you're not doing any of these different gameplay options because you can't afford to. You have to sit in lane and farm Q. Need to, don't even bother trying to play the champ if you do something else, and that's why he's not popular.

Darmikau

08-04-2012

Bump

Smug Jerk

08-04-2012

Nasus isn't inherently poorly designed, he just has no place in the game's current meta. When the meta shifts he'll probably be quite good.

Meaning he'll never be good.

Darmikau

08-08-2012

Bamp

Darmikau

08-08-2012

Other champion threads getting red responses

I guess nobody at Riot plays Nasus.

Poor dog.