Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

5 Man Revive: OP

Well, duh 101 65.58%
Nuh uh 53 34.42%
Voters 154 .

5 Man Revive, the new annoying meta. DISCUSS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orion69

07-30-2012

I agree with the OP that Revive kind of ruins the variety in Dom. imo, they should take it out, like the take out other summoners. Sure, it will never be used, but it's better than stagnating the map.

silenthunt

07-31-2012

As an dom player who goes bot exclusively I don't find revive particularly problematic. I tried it myself, and while it has its uses it has such a long cooldown I don't find it hard to deal with in bot at all. Of course, maybe top is a whole other story.

FeanorAlmighty

07-31-2012

Quote:
I tried it myself, and while it has its uses it has such a long cooldown I don't find it hard to deal with in bot at all.

Lol wtf are you saying. It's extremely influential at bot. Even if you kill or get killed, your opponent will be right back with a health advantage. So it's impossible to cap the point unless you have a massive advantage.

Orphane

07-31-2012

Quote:
Orion69:
Quote:
Aparkhurst;27502659:
I got to "5 man revive, the new meta" then I stopped reading.

You've obviously never played Dominion at a high level before.

Haha, the irony!

Wawix

07-31-2012

Yup, revive should be removed but mostly for balancing issues: it's not the " I GOT KILLED IM GETTING BACK TOP IN 2 SECS hEeehuEUUHEAHUHEUAHHAHAA #1" what bothers about revive it's the fact that you HAVE to take it and it uses up the slot of the utility summoners (ghost/flash) that some champs (galio, fiddlesticks, nunu, etc.) could use to gank/initiate WAY better (thus forcing the meta towards champions that don't need that. AKA durrrpz.).
Also with that much revive going around, Riot hasn't noticed how ****ed up the revive timers are when a team is up by 300 points which should be TOTALLY noticeable in a game without revives.

picTJK

07-31-2012

"when played well, 5-man revive basically trumps any other possible summoner loadout"

IHeartBrainz

08-01-2012

Yeah Im not so sure about "new meta" buuuuut if your not taking revive then your not playing to win. I have a feeling if revive was taken out we would just see teams run 5 garrisons. Which is fine with me since I pmuch always run garrison anywaysss and it would be nice to have dat extra summoner spell slot for anything thats not flash. i think CV could be kinda strong :3 even with sweeper and all.