5 Man Revive: OP

Well, duh 101 65.58%
Nuh uh 53 34.42%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

5 Man Revive, the new annoying meta. DISCUSS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Talith PA

07-28-2012

It sounds like your preference is more PvP focused than capture and hold fucused.

Makestro

07-28-2012

new? revive is the new meta? holy ****!

FancyDan

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
Do you also hate the idea of 10 flashes on SR and 10 barriers on PG?
I don't intrinsically hate the idea of 5 revives, or 5 flashes, or 5 whatever. If it works for a team's playstyle or has some synergy, great. If it's the preferred playstyle for both teams, fine. However, I hate the idea that one loadout is, strictly speaking, better and harder to counter than all others.

LoL is fun to me because it caters to many playstyles, and while we can cynically say that the new-champ-and-rebalances-a-week mentality of Riot is a cash grab, I do feel that they are generally trying to keep things balanced. Having one thing become a necessity when ostensibly we have choices is at best boring, and at worse toxic to new or uninformed players.

Makestro

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyDan View Post
I don't intrinsically hate the idea of 5 revives, or 5 flashes, or 5 whatever. If it works for a team's playstyle or has some synergy, great. If it's the preferred playstyle for both teams, fine. However, I hate the idea that one loadout is, strictly speaking, better and harder to counter than all others.

LoL is fun to me because it caters to many playstyles, and while we can cynically say that the new-champ-and-rebalances-a-week mentality of Riot is a cash grab, I do feel that they are generally trying to keep things balanced. Having one thing become a necessity when ostensibly we have choices is at best boring, and at worse toxic to new or uninformed players.
Haha

bierfaust

07-28-2012

Quote:
It seems a lot of people are taking the word "new" as a reason to be troll and completely ignore the rest of my post. It's new to ME. At my Dom ELO (roughly 1600-1700 before Riot made DOM ELO untrackable), we didn't really start seeing consistent competent play with this strategy until a few weeks ago. Perhaps those over 1800 have known about it from the start, but it was rare enough for us that it didn't feel like a problem before.

All you're doing is reiterating my point that going all-out revive is the only viable option, which makes the choice of summoners a false one. Either someone out there has a solution that consistently beats this strategy, or we should convince Riot that something needs to be changed. I want to see constructive criticism about what can be done, not a smartass answer about how everybody already knows this is the case. If its not a secret that Revive is broken, what can we do to make keep Dominion strategy from stagnating? (and if you have some smartass response about how Dom strategy has been stagnant for a while now, you can keep it to yourself.)
As has already been said by someone else, revive is the "flash" of DOM. If you don't take it, then you're only hamstringing yourself, and is an inherent flaw in the game design. Just like Flash on SR.

There's nothing you can do about it. The only possible solution is for riot to disable it on DOM or nerf the CD into the ground so you can only use it once per average match time. (20-25 mins)

Either of those solutions will see even less people play Dominion, mostly the higher elo people because anyone over 1800 realises just how vital revive is. (I've used revive since day one, no brainer for me, but that's just me)

bierfaust

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
It sounds like your preference is more PvP focused than capture and hold fucused.
Can't even begin to tell you how right this guy is. The reason revive is op is because it allows to get back to a point and hold it even longer. It has nothing to do with killing people. (That may just be a side effect)

Removing features that push this map more and more towards becoming just a stupid PVP arena with a few points on it to speed up the score decay is retarded.

People need to realise that this map is King of the Hill.

Not deathmatch.

irott

07-28-2012

Revive is just so much more usefull in the grand scheme of the game.

If Surge or clarity had some other bonus effect that helped me defend my tower or take an enemy tower I might use them. Until then, I run Revive/Garrison on every single champ I play.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

A multiplicity of revives has defined upper strata strategy for a some time now in competitive Dominion. Furthermore, the concept of a quintuplet of revives is certainly not new, having been employed in rare matches of Summoner's Rift as well having found its way to the Chrystal Scar as early as its inception.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

SuperQuackDuck

07-28-2012

Quote:

You can still win with exhaust/ignite combinations. I've run pretty much every summoner combination and I run garrison/revive for the most part because it counters rubberbanding comebacks when you're ahead. Often times when you're 400:200 they have a 10 second deathtimer vs your 20, which means if you die, you'll lose 1 or even 2 towers. Judicious use of revive makes it such that you're not penalized late game for winning for the majority of the game. It modulates the swing of the game.

Orphane

07-28-2012

Quote:

That seems kind of fallacious, don't you think? You are committing fallatio.