5 Man Revive: OP

Well, duh 101 65.58%
Nuh uh 53 34.42%
Voters: 154. You may not vote on this poll

5 Man Revive, the new annoying meta. DISCUSS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMKH

07-28-2012

It's been the meta since the game was released. It's just that not everybody knew about it.

LadysKnight

07-28-2012

I think it would be ok if revive was taken out. It allows for smart plays but like flash, it also is used as a crutch by some of the less skilled. Someone who dies intentionally top so they can revive to save bottom: smart. Someone who says "hurr durr ima push out cuz i gots da revive if i die to save da points": crutch. We should see revive removed around the time we see flash removed.

DG Denz Brujah

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by otirruborez View Post
flash is the same way in rift.
and barrier in ARAM

FancyDan

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bierfaust View Post
Nothing new about it.

If you don't take revive yourself when solo queuing then you're an idiot and hamstringing yourself.

And if a premade doesn't have 4 revives minimum then they are also stupid. Good luck winning that top back any time soon.
It seems a lot of people are taking the word "new" as a reason to be troll and completely ignore the rest of my post. It's new to ME. At my Dom ELO (roughly 1600-1700 before Riot made DOM ELO untrackable), we didn't really start seeing consistent competent play with this strategy until a few weeks ago. Perhaps those over 1800 have known about it from the start, but it was rare enough for us that it didn't feel like a problem before.

All you're doing is reiterating my point that going all-out revive is the only viable option, which makes the choice of summoners a false one. Either someone out there has a solution that consistently beats this strategy, or we should convince Riot that something needs to be changed. I want to see constructive criticism about what can be done, not a smartass answer about how everybody already knows this is the case. If its not a secret that Revive is broken, what can we do to make keep Dominion strategy from stagnating? (and if you have some smartass response about how Dom strategy has been stagnant for a while now, you can keep it to yourself.)

Orphane

07-28-2012

Key words: consistent competent play

Here we go again, the whole "flash and revive take up one SS and nobody ever uses anything else"

How many times have you seen people use Flash poorly only to die anyways, or even flash in the wrong direction, causing an instant death? Likewise, how many times have you seen Revive used poorly? Having Revive doesn't mean you automatically beat someone who does not have it (on the contrary, it is of no use to you until you are dead, unlike Garrison, Exhaust, or Ignite) - people who can Revive at the correct times will make for more interesting games than those with nobody using Revive correctly or at all. Is Revive's prevalence so big of a problem, then?

Cauldrath

07-28-2012

While having a single summoner spell so powerful is a problem, the actual gameplay created by Revive adds more tactical choice, so I think it's healthy. It's kind of like if Recall was a summoner spell with no cooldown. Everyone would take it, and it's healthy for the game, but it would narrow choice.

It seems like it would be better if they took Flash and Revive out of the summoner's spell lists and just made them automatic abilities everyone had on their respective maps, then let people actually choose their other two spells.

Orphane

07-28-2012

70% of the time people would just take Garrison and Exhaust.

Other 15%: Garrison/Ignite
Other 15%: Ignite/Exhaust

FancyDan

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Key words: consistent competent play

Here we go again, the whole "flash and revive take up one SS and nobody ever uses anything else"

How many times have you seen people use Flash poorly only to die anyways, or even flash in the wrong direction, causing an instant death? Likewise, how many times have you seen Revive used poorly? Having Revive doesn't mean you automatically beat someone who does not have it (on the contrary, it is of no use to you until you are dead, unlike Garrison, Exhaust, or Ignite) - people who can Revive at the correct times will make for more interesting games than those with nobody using Revive correctly or at all. Is Revive's prevalence so big of a problem, then?
That's a bit fallacious, isn't it?

Yes, you can screw up a revive by burning it at the wrong time. You can also screw up by flashing into a wall, exhausting the AP, Igniting Olaf instead of Swain, healing when just a little bit out of range of a teammate, etc. My point is that all skill levels being equal, and everyone using their summoners to their best abilities, Revive gives a significantly larger advantage, especially right after the first skirmish.

Also, early game, there are very few times when using revive is NOT the smart play. Most opponents won't be sufficiently itemized yet to deal with a full-health, MS-boosted, health-boosted champ running right back into the middle of a teamfight. It creates the choice of sticking around and hoping you don't get stomped, or backing off and losing the point, which is a tough choice to make.

Everything is UP if played poorly. Revive is problematic in my eyes because it a) is almost always useful to use as soon as it's available, making it less strategically interesting, and b) markedly better than other summoners for a large early game advantage GIVEN TWO TEAMS OF EQUAL STRENGTH.

Talith PA

07-28-2012

Do you also hate the idea of 10 flashes on SR and 10 barriers on PG?

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
Do you also hate the idea of 10 flashes on SR and 10 barriers on PG?
I do hate the 10 flashes on SR. In addition i disagree that revive makes the game more healthy. I don't see how that is true. It's not as bad as garrison (garrison being massive could be terrible for the game) but i would prefer everyone carrying exhaust/ignite/ghost than revive, for a fun gameplay.