Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Skin for Varus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeaFrawg

Recruiter

07-27-2012

As Varus was the first champion that came with only one other skin availabe, I believe a new skin should be due for our corrupted Ionian archer. Perhaps a skin that shows his Ionian roots would be a decent idea for a skin; how about it summoners?

PandaGentleman8

07-27-2012

This would be nice.

King of Noodle

07-27-2012

I would like to see another skin for Varus.

Aros

07-27-2012

Perhaps a nature corruption instead of the normal corruption. Tendrils could be vines and with green particles and such.

Chronis

07-27-2012

I wholeheartedly agree. I would love to see more champions with skins that showcase their history. Perhaps Riot could implement this idea in the near future.

TheBronzeLegend

07-27-2012

Barely anyone plays Varus.

Bhargo

07-27-2012

Would be nice, seeing as the one skin he did get is awful.

tenrel

07-27-2012

riot said because these champs only get one skin their next skin will come faster than usual (said when varus came out) but even for insanely popular champs the usual was like 4 months, and none of the newest champs are super popular so even the varus skin could potentially be many months off still.

personally i think they should just have a set date when they start making skins for these champs. now that champs only get one skin i could see a good policy being that like 3 months after release production starts on a second, then that champ goes back to regular skin treatment with no set schedules.

PandaGentleman8

07-29-2012

Bumping in support for Ionia

Sybil Cut

07-29-2012

Quote:
tenrel:
riot said because these champs only get one skin their next skin will come faster than usual (said when varus came out) but even for insanely popular champs the usual was like 4 months, and none of the newest champs are super popular so even the varus skin could potentially be many months off still.

I don't think the reason for this is because of the champs themself though. I know the real reason I haven't been buying champs recently is because I don't feel they're all worth 6300. In fact, out of the last 20 champions, I only own 7 of them (Draven, Nautilus, Ziggs, Ahri, Fizz, Graves, Xerath) , and only 4 of those purchases (Draven, Ziggs, Ahri, Xerath) were first day. Nautilus because I needed a good tank that I'd enjoy and I knew he was designed by Xypherous (so I'd most likely like him), and I only bought Graves recently to be competitive.

Fizz cause he looked very fun and I don't regret the purchase one bit. In fact, the only ones I really use regularly out of those nowadays are Draven (my go-to carry in normals), Nautilus (Probably my best tank that I play), and Fizz (He's so good at countering certain champs and is such a tricksy little f*ck it's hard not to love him). Hence why I don't buy them all and only buy ones that I'm super attracted to as a concept (Draven for example. Amazing overall in theme, design, power level, and mechanics.)

I'm also sitting on like 12000 IP because I don't care to spend it and I'm gonna wait for that one champion that I fall in love with.