Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Purple team disadvantage-- solution?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AceLaser

07-27-2012

I know some people that play league (including me) like to play with locked camera. One of the reasons many people think that doing so is a noob move is because it's a pain in the butt to play on the purple team. (especially trying to last hit at bot lane when pushed to the tower) Many people have complained about this, and I think there is a pretty simple solution.

In twisted treeline, the map is horizontal, so both blue and purple teams are even. This makes it fair for both teams, because there isn't this annoying HUD stuff that gets in the way of the minions you want to last-hit. Maybe riot could make an option where summoner's rift was the same way, where blue/purple nexuses were even horizontally. (I'll attatch a picture so you can see what I'm talking about.) I don't think it would cause too many problems communication-wise, since top, mid, and bot would still be the same. It might be a little awkward running "up" to baron and "down" to dragon, but once again, this would just be an option.

Please respond with feedback, and it you don't think it would work, please tell why. Don't just downvote because you want to keep an advantage over those of us that use locked camera.

(If this idea works, you could do the same for the proving grounds, although I don't think being on the purple team is as much of a hassle in PG than in SR.

Here's the new map angle:
http://gyazo.com/7973ec02aaf0bf8b7515b24de53f75e2

EDIT: Just realized top lane would be a lot more difficult for both sides, as it would take longer to see what's coming from up the river if you weren't focused on the minimap. Maybe there's a way to get around this.

GoForkUrself

07-28-2012

Simple solutions.
Solution 1: Allow an option to use the arrow keys to adjust the locked camera. The way this would work is a player turns on locked camera, it centers their champion, and then you can use arrow keys to adjust the camera after that. Now the locked camera still moves with your champion, always ensuring your champion is in the same part of the screen. Let's say you are playing as purple and on bot lane. You lock camera, move the screen down and to the left, and now your champion is higher on your screen and off to the right some. Now when you move, your champion is always higher up, and to the right. This shouldn't be too hard to program.

Solution 2: If it is too difficult to program solution 1, then just allow players to have the option of toggling the hud from the bottom to the top of the screen. Not as good as solution 1, but it would suffice.

AceLaser

07-28-2012

Quote:
GoForkUrself:
Simple solutions.
Solution 1: Allow an option to use the arrow keys to adjust the locked camera. The way this would work is a player turns on locked camera, it centers their champion, and then you can use arrow keys to adjust the camera after that. Now the locked camera still moves with your champion, always ensuring your champion is in the same part of the screen. Let's say you are playing as purple and on bot lane. You lock camera, move the screen down and to the left, and now your champion is higher on your screen and off to the right some. Now when you move, your champion is always higher up, and to the right. This shouldn't be too hard to program.

Solution 2: If it is too difficult to program solution 1, then just allow players to have the option of toggling the hud from the bottom to the top of the screen. Not as good as solution 1, but it would suffice.

Good ideas!

Maybe riot could just allow players to zoom out farther; I really don't see why that would be a problem.... I just hope they do something to help those of us that were helplessly dragged into using locked camera because it was the default option in the tutorial. LoL is my first moba game; I didn't know better. Believe me, I've tried to learn unlocked and I can't.

Necroing

03-07-2013

Purple team is pure garbage. It's 2013 and Riot can't fix the camera view to make it look the same as blue side which is really sad. I never play Aram's or blind pick because of being on the purple side. I play with an unlocked camera however it's just plain nonsense where I can't see that far ahead on my skillshots. If I end up landing on purple I always pick support. In draft pick I'll que dodge second pick most of the time and in proving grounds I always go team 1. I played Ranked in Brazil making it to gold however I stopped because of this new league system and the fact that que dodges means league point loss. However according to this new update 03/07/2013 if you don't pick a champion, everyone gets kicked out of que and it doesn't count as que dodging. This will make me play ranked and stick to first pick(blue side).

awkwardbowman

03-07-2013

IF you don't pick a champ, the person who doesn't pick lose LP still btw.

And it's just a little different. It's something you learn to play with, especially if you made it to gold.

But I mainly wanted to make sure you know that you WILL lose LP if you don't pick a champ.