Why are LoL players so mean?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AJStarhiker

07-28-2012

I would say it's a combination of a heavily team-based set up, people who think they are better than they actually are, and the relative safety of anonymity.

It doesn't matter how good you are, if you don't play AS A TEAM you are far less likely to win than a team of mediocre (at best) players who can rally and play together.

PhoenixNite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

1. Blame game, blame someone else before they can blame you.
2. You think everyone else sucks, when in reality, you suck too, but in fear of being blamed, you put yourself in the illusion of you being the best in the world.
3. Everyone thinks they can be the best and go to tournaments, when in reality its insanely hard, so they blame the people that are dying for them not being able to get higher elo.

BLAME. GAME.

Onime no Kyo

07-28-2012

i admit i flame at people sometimes but if every game i play i lose due to someone is outrageously feeding which gets redundant.the constant losing gets to people

and then you have people who are just annoying who call ks when it clearly wasn't a ks..how do you ks in a team fight playing with people who don't use common sense just pisses me off, i literally went multiple games losing due to people playing bad

no one like losing

i am not the best player btw

PrincessIrelia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

It could be partially because the sc2 players all come to LoL thinking that LoL is easy, but then it turns out being that sc2 is easy compared to LoL.

Retarded Soldier

07-28-2012

Make a smurf on EUW.

Kiljosh

07-28-2012

So I was just in a game playing as Gangplank. My team started raging when our Zyra who was mid went AFK to eat pizza, leaving Zerath mid lane to himself. He constantly was ganking me and Lee Sin top.

Once laning stopped and we were 4v5 mid game team fights, he started to get real mad. Apparently he's not aware of Critical Strikes. I had an IE, was Parleying like a boss, helping the team focus Xerath and Vayne. He got mad cause my crits were taking his kills. Started calling me names.

When people show immaturity like this, I just say lol in chat. Nothing gets on a rager's nerves more than someone who doesn't respond to them with more rage. Just laugh at their immaturity, when they say get good scrub, carry your team. Then after the game, ignore them.

People take this game too seriously, I am guilty of this sometimes. But I try to help noobs when they seem clueless, guide their item builds, who they should be focusing and what they are doing wrong. Sometimes people don't take kindly to criticism, but when you find the players who soak that knowledge up like a sponge and make a friend, it makes the time worth it. Especially when your playing with them a few weeks later mopping up the enemy.

Just as the world has bad and good people, this game does too.

SaveTheMaids

07-28-2012

LoL's got nothing on the Monster Hunter community.

Home of the biggest gaming elitists known to man.

It's a lot easier to blame people if a mission fails, and some weapons are so much better than others that, if you go against the meta, they just won't let you join their party.

The game is so rough (or at least used to be) on newbies as well.

UnjustMule

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaveTheMaids View Post
LoL's got nothing on the Monster Hunter community.

Home of the biggest gaming elitists known to man.

It's a lot easier to blame people if a mission fails, and some weapons are so much better than others that, if you go against the meta, they just won't let you join their party.

The game is so rough (or at least used to be) on newbies as well.
Really? I'm actually played 240 hours of MH3 mostly online and I never saw too many insults, maybe just players annoyed with the large amount of disconnects. As for Starcraft 2 4v4s, no one takes those all that seriously and people are generally nice and helpful in those too, raging would be directed at an enemy cheesing rather than a teammate.

Rutherfordium

07-29-2012

I think it's because the game revolves around teams, so it's easy to blame someone else, you have to stay in the game, so you have to put up with it for 30 minutes, and some people are just plain jerks.

Avermorph

07-30-2012

english is not my native language, so I simply ignore him/her