HOW TO: Fix sudden low FPS issues caused by recent patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MittenMagick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2010

Hey guys, me again, seeing countless threads about everyone suddenly getting super low FPS after installing the most recent patch. What I found for my issue (and lots of other people as well) is that the Client is, for some reason, taking up more CPU than normal, stealing precious computing power from the actual game. This is what worked for me:

1. Right when you join a game, press Ctrl-Alt-Del and open up the Task Manager.
2. Go to the Processes tab
3. Right-click LeagueofLegends.exe (You can click on "Image Name" first to sort the processes in alphabetical order if that helps)
4. Go to Set Priority
5. Select "High".
6. You'll get a message about changing priorities could affect system stability. Select "Change Priority" (or "Yes")

The different menus and tabs may have different names depending on what version of Windows you have, but those are the instructions for Vista Home Basic.

EDIT: There are reports of other things working, like ending LoLClient.exe altogether or sending it to low priority.
Hope that helped!

MittenMagick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-09-2010

Friendly little bump in case people don't scroll down.

Mckittenz

09-09-2010

Not to be off topic, but do you think you can help me with my problem? http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=240134

Id appreciate it. Thanks

Khantir

09-09-2010

Bump

C9 Dish

09-09-2010

That or you can just end the process of your LoL client that is idle during the game.

Duck Parts

09-09-2010

Well, this did help with my FPS, but setting the priority higher caused my latency to go from 80 to spiking at 2000 more than once. Lol.

MittenMagick

09-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Parts View Post
Well, this did help with my FPS, but setting the priority higher caused my latency to go from 80 to spiking at 2000 more than once. Lol.
Hmm... Interesting. Try setting the priority of LolClient.exe to low.

MittenMagick

09-09-2010

Or, as Main Course said, end the LoLClient.exe process. Not entirely sure what that will affect post-gameplay though.

Syndaric

09-09-2010

I tried your fix. Actually you saved me some grief with your patch fix, though when I click 'High' on the priority setting - It tells me accessed denied.

MittenMagick

09-09-2010

Thanks for letting me know. Gives me the warm fuzzies

I've run into that sort of thing before, but I can't quite remember what caused it. Are you opening the game as an administrator? I think that was it.