Should i get Cailtyn, Varus, or Ezreal?

Get Caitlyn 29 20.28%
Get Varus 45 31.47%
Get Ezreal 69 48.25%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Varus, Ezreal, or Caitlyn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Invictrix

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kngofnoobs View Post
So basicly you guys are saying that ezreal is good all around but not great at one thing like cait and varus?
Yes that is pretty accurate especially since ezreal can ap mid.

Its a specialization vs utility decision your making by picking ezreal or one of the other two.

KoizumisPimpHand

Recruiter

07-30-2012

I picked Varus because he doesn't have a shirt, so he benefits more for torso items since they don't have anything to stack on top of. Too many shirts is just a burden.

Kngofnoobs

07-30-2012

Okay ive heard a lot of people say ezreal fails though even tho i played a 15 and 3 or so ezreal? do you have to learn him to be good or something? or just everyone hates him? because im leaning towards him like ive said.

Invictrix

07-30-2012

Quote:
Okay ive heard a lot of people say ezreal fails though even tho i played a 15 and 3 or so ezreal? do you have to learn him to be good or something? or just everyone hates him? because im leaning towards him like ive said.
You have to learn any champion to do well with them. Ezreal is a little harder than others but easier than others as well.

If you pick Ezreal you just have to make peace with the fact that your never gonna carry as hard as other carries can under optimal circumstances. Its balanced by your never gonna fail as hard as other carries will under bad circumstances. His victories are dimmer his defeats are brighter.

If your leaning toward ezreal and you like what we've said about him so far go ahead and pick him.

Kngofnoobs

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictrix View Post
You have to learn any champion to do well with them. Ezreal is a little harder than others but easier than others as well.

If you pick Ezreal you just have to make peace with the fact that your never gonna carry as hard as other carries can under optimal circumstances. Its balanced by your never gonna fail as hard as other carries will under bad circumstances. His victories are dimmer his defeats are brighter.

If your leaning toward ezreal and you like what we've said about him so far go ahead and pick him.
Well also i want a a champion that can carry hard if ezreal cant then i dont really know

Dr Fuzzy Gloves

07-30-2012

out of thos, ezreal carries the hardest.

not to mention out of those he is the most fun. here iw what i think of those 3 individually.

Caitlyn: for siege type players
Pros-
-easy to use
-strong lanning phase
-strong escapability
-long range
-good harass
Cons-
-poor late game (due to lack of AD multipliers)
-poor teamfight capabilities
-95% AD based damage (easy to defend against)
-poor vs high hp targets

Varus: for strategic players
Pros-
-Extremely powerful harass
-passive becomes very strong with Ad
-good vs high hp targets.
-hybrid damage dealer, hard to defend against
Cons-
-poor escapability
-falls off late game, less than cait, but still late game is lack luster vs other carries
-very poor mobility, relies on superior positioning to deal damage.
-other than a superb ulti, teamfight abilities are sub par

Ezreal: for aggressive players
Pros-
-Strong harass
-strong escapability
-strong in teamfights
-hybrid damage dealer
-outduels most AD carries
-high burst and DPS
Cons-
-late game is slightly less powerful than other carries
-no cc (this is what truly makes him less valuable)

When you look at these it seems ezreal is the best choice, followed by varus, then cait. but its all in your play style and what you personally prefer. i like a very aggressive carry, so my carries u'm good with are, vayne, graves, corki, and ezreal, but this is my personal preference, thats the beauty of LoL, champions are very diverse.

Invictrix

07-30-2012

Quote:
Well also i want a a champion that can carry hard if ezreal cant then i dont really know
Why don't you just lay out everything you want out of this carry in a list and i'll try to make a recommendation.

Consider things like

-Escapes yes or no
-CC more or less
-Damage higher or lower
-Mana problems yes or no
- harass more or less
- Range high or low
-item builds what items do you like using?
-Survivability more or less

Finally before you get any champion go on mobafire or solomid and read at least one guide for them.

The people who make those guides specialize in that champion and generally main them.

Most of the guides include a list of pros and cons builds and runes as well as playstyle guides and videos.

Those are the best way to pick champions especially when your first starting out and ip is kind of at a premium.

Also the poster above me is right about most things and read his post for an alternate opinion.

MyManyMinions

07-30-2012

Really, any ranged AD carry is going to be very powerful. They hide behind teammates and spam attacks without being attacked very often.

Dr Fuzzy Gloves

07-30-2012

Quote:
Ezreal can carry just as hard as any other AD carry out there. If you can tag a carry with Essence Flux they are crippled in terms of damage, much more than a lot of players realize. ezreal will out damage any other carry in the game 1v1 if each carry lands all abilities. but its all in how he is played, ezreal in a team with low cc is just gonna get crushed, not a lot can be done about that.

The Good Chef

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

I really think caitlyn is pretty bad. She cant really carry a team, she does have a good laning phase though. Out of the other two, I'd say it is up to your preference. Varus has a little more CC and requires you to hit with your abilities first try cause they have decently long CD, Ez has less CC but a lot lower CD on his abilities. Ult wise; Varus does less damage but more CC and utility, where Ez's does more damage but brings nothing more than damage.