Early August Patch Preview: Gameplay Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xMistressAthenax

07-29-2012

Again morello shows his stupidity, and riot shows they fail at balancing.

"oh when we "balance" champions, we like to make them shine in their own niche, we are reverting Urgot back to what he was because he's more of a tanky fighter ranged carry who assassinates other carries, and we didnt want to change that about him"

anyone else feeling like your listening to a fu**tard idiot? Theres no intelligence in those comments what so ever. Nor is there balance. Please by all means PM me ingame if you wish to -intelligently- explain how LoL has any balance what so ever. FYI "All champs are op" is not balanced, that just makes it so any moronic idiot with the IQ of -200 can play and still win by chance.

Not only that his description of Urgot is the description of half of the freakin champs in LoL, all you need to do is just replace the "ranged" with "able to pull/able to stun/able to whatever CC" since every freakin champ and their grandmother can CC the living hell out of you anyway.

Of course its all good, pepole these days dont want skill in anything, instant gratification, and mind numbingly easy mechanics that takes no thinking what so ever. Seems to be how everyone wants it these days.

*ducks head down for the thumbs downs* suck it, you know its true.

DrUnK3nPaNdA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-30-2012

No one saw the change to Rumble because outside of the EU metagame no one played him. He's rubbish against tanky DPS since you over-nerfed him. And he'll continue to see virtually no play outside of the EU because your attempts to balance him have made him entirely situational and even then mediocre at best. There are much stronger lane bullies in the game, which don't forget was your original vision for Rumble, one that he no longer lives up to in the competition from other heroes that do that same job but better.

The fact that you would nerf a hero for being too strong in a specific metagame, but absent in any others due to a lack of actually being a good bully compared to many others just highlights the unprofessional attitude that Riot has towards balancing their game.

If you are claiming to be nerfing a hero based on the metagame, then you don't understand what the metagame is and this has caused the meta to become entirely stagnant. If something defeats the current meta but still has answers, then it makes things new and different, it causes the metagame to evolve as players try to play around it and find new answers. Yet you've nerfed everything that while possibly not overpowered beats the metagame.It's made the game stale and boring.

There are people who have been doing the same job you're failing at in the fighting game community for years and years. How often do you see changes in those games and how major are they? Maybe once or twice a year and they tend to be rather minor compared to the heavy-handed buffs and nerfs you throw around. Because nine times out of ten when something is 'overpowered' it has more to do with the metagame than the character or strategy. Again looking back to the fighting game community, the tier lists change wildly even when no changes have been made as new strategies come up that can counter the things long thought to be 'overpowered.'

I find it endlessly amusing that you choose to nerf Rumble instead of the same 12 or so characters that are in virtually every single game of LoL right now. Rumble isn't among them. Nerfing Rumble means the same old tired metagame. Nerfing those 12 truely OP heroes means a new metagame and LoL possibly becoming interesting again...

Though I suppose in your hurry of releasing new heroes faster than you can balance them, all goals beyond selling new champions become lost.

I'm seriously glad I don't take this game as a legitimate competitive game anymore, and I'm even more glad I decided against spending money on skins recently. The fact you get paid at all is a testament to how easily the new generation of unending casuals is to placate with new and shiny things at the expense of any substance or depth.

Tripwire78

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niekawa View Post
Xypherous, will they ever buff Sejuani?
I love to play sej, and if they buff her, she will be a nightmare in game. Her cc is very strong, and is not meant to be a damage dealer.

xDaimaox

07-30-2012

why cant i play a game? cant log in... what's the matter?

SilverChampz

07-30-2012

Oh God... i still think cho is one of the really best tank that nearly impossible to die when he stacks.. and.. he get buff? how..??

BlackXBurn

07-30-2012

i cant believe they are nerfing Rumble, this is retarded, great way to ruin a champion, thanks alot game designer you screwed it this time. wanna nerf someone nerf teemo or twitch, those champions are BS.

BlackXBurn

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUnK3nPaNdA View Post
No one saw the change to Rumble because outside of the EU metagame no one played him. He's rubbish against tanky DPS since you over-nerfed him. And he'll continue to see virtually no play outside of the EU because your attempts to balance him have made him entirely situational and even then mediocre at best. There are much stronger lane bullies in the game, which don't forget was your original vision for Rumble, one that he no longer lives up to in the competition from other heroes that do that same job but better.

The fact that you would nerf a hero for being too strong in a specific metagame, but absent in any others due to a lack of actually being a good bully compared to many others just highlights the unprofessional attitude that Riot has towards balancing their game.

If you are claiming to be nerfing a hero based on the metagame, then you don't understand what the metagame is and this has caused the meta to become entirely stagnant. If something defeats the current meta but still has answers, then it makes things new and different, it causes the metagame to evolve as players try to play around it and find new answers. Yet you've nerfed everything that while possibly not overpowered beats the metagame.It's made the game stale and boring.

There are people who have been doing the same job you're failing at in the fighting game community for years and years. How often do you see changes in those games and how major are they? Maybe once or twice a year and they tend to be rather minor compared to the heavy-handed buffs and nerfs you throw around. Because nine times out of ten when something is 'overpowered' it has more to do with the metagame than the character or strategy. Again looking back to the fighting game community, the tier lists change wildly even when no changes have been made as new strategies come up that can counter the things long thought to be 'overpowered.'

I find it endlessly amusing that you choose to nerf Rumble instead of the same 12 or so characters that are in virtually every single game of LoL right now. Rumble isn't among them. Nerfing Rumble means the same old tired metagame. Nerfing those 12 truely OP heroes means a new metagame and LoL possibly becoming interesting again...

Though I suppose in your hurry of releasing new heroes faster than you can balance them, all goals beyond selling new champions become lost.

I'm seriously glad I don't take this game as a legitimate competitive game anymore, and I'm even more glad I decided against spending money on skins recently. The fact you get paid at all is a testament to how easily the new generation of unending casuals is to placate with new and shiny things at the expense of any substance or depth.
exactly now rumble is near useless and cant even do the job u made him for, way to go u made a champion and then made him completely pointless to use, well done, great job.

Sñuggles

07-30-2012

I never get companies like Riot. Why "Balance" something that was already balanced. These Rumble nerfs are only going to hurt him, just like what happened to every single other champion that their buffing right now. It's retarded how Riot feels they need to nerf nerf nerf until not usable then buff buff buff until the champion is too strong.

MadrugaXV

07-30-2012

Rumble ... nerfed ... to the ....ground =(

Rumble wasn't OP imo , he was fine , there were still a fair amount of champs that could beat him like Xin , maybe Wu and Jax , i don't remember the others , but Irelia could be one of these also.Any champion with high burst like Darius or Talon.

i can't say that he will be UP now , but in the video his damage looks so low that he almost lost to teemo >_< (champion whose shouldn't be able to beat most AP Casters ).

Heck i didn't want Rumble to get either nerfed or buffed , he was fine before this patch =/

Ryyah

07-30-2012

yes yes.... this is all interesting. but could you... oh i don't know... fix the bug where Luxs Lazer passes through an enemy champ? or malphite ult doesn't do anything? that would be cool