Evilcookiemnstr's Guide to Avoiding Noob Mistakes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

samuwen

11-09-2009

A mana pot start on Karthas keeps you in the lane for a lot longer as you build up your money. It is the only time I recommend picking up a mana pot, but its invaluable in very specific circumstances.

DarkeTiger

11-09-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by xailion View Post
Yeah, the term pill, bp, and blue pill refer to going back to shop.

I hear it alot, and I don't quite understand it. The blue recall rings? The Matrix? meh
It's from the Matrix, it means to go back to where you started (base).

anata ga mori

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-10-2009

Blue pill:

http://www.motleycrow.com/ImageHost/..._blue_pill.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilcookiemnstr View Post
On the thought of chasing, its a simple tip guide for avoiding noob mistakes, what you're talking about is a judgement call which is easier to make the more you play and the more experienced you become. As a noob or someone honing their basics you are going to learn more by not chasing and practicing being patient and biding your time and the judgement calls will eventually become natural instinct.
Granted. Maybe you could reword it so that they know that eventually they will need to chase, instead of telling them to never ever chase. Something like, "Chasing is for more experienced players who know when to stop."

GNOY

11-10-2009

#3 - mana potions are more useful than many think, 100 mana often means life or death, kill or being killed
#9 - I add "unless you know what you doing and skilled enough"
#14 - "recommended by devs", are you on drugs? Its not recommended by anyone, its just one of allowed strategies, same as multilane push or 5-man ganksquad.
#18 - its more complicated than you described actually
#19 - I add "unless you know what you doing or just baiting someone into trap"

Thanx for helping new players.

Evilcookiemnstr

11-10-2009

Ok ill take those tips into consideration i agree with many of them and yes i know its much more complicated than that for number 18 gnoy i am just trying to keep it as simple as possible for new players so they get a general basis and know what is more worth suicide bombing

Angel

11-10-2009

Terms you should know

Wall of Text - ... JK nice guide actually wish i read that before my first 20 games.

Evilcookiemnstr

11-10-2009

and yea wall of text...wasn't beforehand i had to convert to notepad in my first class of the day and repost it so it actually worked and didn't have time to reformat and someone did it for me

Jaam

01-05-2010

Thanks!!! this and some other guides really helps me!

MannyBiggz

01-05-2010

Good stuff with the guide! You should add a couple of terms to the list:

River: The diagnal line of water that starts neart the northwest corner of the map and goes along the middle towards the souteast corner.

Dragon (since you mentioned Baron): A jungle creep that can be killed to give your whole team some bonus gold and exp.

Slow: A status effect that either slows your movement speed, attack speed, or both.

Fear (since you mentioned stun): A status effect that makes you run away from the user.

Taunt: A status effect that makes you attack the user.

Carry: A champion that is weak/okay early game, but should dominate late game when built correctly. They can basically carry the team. (Examples: Ashe, Cho' Gath, Twitch)

Care top/mid/bot: A shorthand version meaning to take care because a gank might be coming your way. Top/mid/bot meaning the lane that the gank might be headed towards.

b: Meaning to back off. This is typically used after a team rush where you only manage to kill one enemy champ and the rest of the enemy team makes it back to their tower and your team isn't quite strong enough to push at that point. Also often used when you ACE the enemy team and push hard, but someone hits TAB and sees that most of them have respawned. Better to be safe than to risk them wiping your team while on the defensive!