Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to improve ping?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shotgun Heavy

09-09-2010

At the title says, I'm wondering how I can improve my ping for LoL. In other games I play, such as TF2, I usually have a ping of around under 100 on the servers I play on. When I play LoL, I usually always have 140 ping, which to be honest, is fine. Sometimes I get lucky and join a game for LoL and have under 100 ping, but it isn't very common. Now I have around 160 ping for some reason, and the slight delay is a bit of a nuisance.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eambo

Recruiter

09-09-2010

Hi Shotgun,

If you go to http://pingtest.net you can get an idea of what your ping is truly like. If this is a low number, there may not be anything you can do unfortunately.

I'm getting around 160-180 ping ingame, yet speedtest is giving me 39 ping. This is because I'm halfway around the world however (UK), and there's not much more I can do apart from go to the European servers :-(

If your ping is high however, you can try:

1) If wireless, try going wired
2) Make sure there's no programs downloading or uploading anywhere on your network, as this can cause issues