Who counters Leona ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hiladralus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2012

My main role is support, pretty much is what I play the most, when the enemy teams picks Leona I find myself in the question above, who counters Leona? The counter must be a support champ , maybe Lulu?

Selcopa

07-27-2012

Taric, Lulu also does alright, but taric can boost his own armor by 50 and his teammates by 25 in lane, combine that win a 1.5 second stun, he's probably the best response.

Hiladralus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2012

I will try him , Ty Selcopa.

Drewmighty

07-28-2012

Alister is a direct counter. I main leona and janna support. I hate Alister so much! If leona jumps to ali he can simply knock her around. Taric does not counter at all, leona has more stuns. Another good counter is a good Janna, she has knok up slow and shield to control bot very well. Hope this helps

Ringcycle

07-28-2012

Not Taric. No. Just earlier today I picked Leona.

It was Leona/Ashe vs Taric/Vayne. I was tower diving them at level 5 and never stopped.

If anyone, Alistar seems to be the best counter support to Leona. I'd be afraid to touch Alistar until his cc is on cd.

FightintheShade

07-30-2012

Leona is only scary when you are on defense. Characters don't counter so much as if you are doing well. She won't try for the zenith jump if she's going to get stomped when she gets there, and without that she's too slow to shield stun much.

That being said, blitzcrank is fantastic if you can land even one grab early. She's surprisingly squishy until she gets a couple levels, and putting her on the defensive is almost always permanent, in my experience. Also remember she has no tools for keeping her or her carry alive, so harass is extra useful.

Gabelous

07-30-2012

It depends on the Leona player TBH. I have played her for more than a year or two now I think when I first started and if you are good it is harder to counter.

She isn't squishy if you level your W (Eclipse) first. At Rank 5 you get 70 MR and 70 Armor for three seconds, six if you hit something. Early game that is a LOT of overall damage mitigation to you. Her CDs are very low, but if you get someone who decides to level something else first she is squishy.

The most easy direct counter is Tenacity. Her Q is .75 and her ult is 1.25 I think, lower than most stuns and tenacity cuts into that pretty hard.

If the player is competent, they won't be as squishy as you think and if they aren't it'll be easier. A good Leona player won't get SO aggressive she'll burn on her mana trying to secure a kill for the carry but rather use their skills to keep the carry from getting ganked.

Amaltron

07-30-2012

Janna hard counters Leona.

Selcopa

08-01-2012

Janna does not counter leona unless you can tornado and interrupt zenith blade, which is near impossible to do consistently. Janna is also too squishy so she is easily jumped on. She also has no sustain, meaning 2 combos(first one blowing summoners, 2nd go for the kill) is going to take you out, and you simply cannot out trade a leona.

Soraka has good sustain, however with only silence to interrupt a combo, and the vulnerability of her after she throws a heal, she simply cant handle the amount of burst potential of leona.

Ringcycle you are simply wrong about Taric vs Leona, you were facing a very bad taric(who probably leveled up heal), Taric has a bonus 30 armor at shatter level 2(level 4-5) combined with a heal that has a 40% bonus when used on himself, it is simply suicide to jump a taric.

Trying to jump on the AD carry when facing a taric, a smart taric will simply stun your AD carry, making him miss 1-3 passive procs, heal the carry and shatter your armor, you will then get poked down by the ad carry with your reduced armor, and you cannot keep up with the sustain, if your AD carry tries to poke taric down on the retreat, he will be able to heal it up as he heals the AD carry.

Fact is, taric is designed to play against a leona.

Alistar does...fine vs a leona, the ability to heal up the AD carry, and to combo the enemy carry when leona attacks, your kit is a counter to the strategy leona will try to do. However he doesnt quite do it as effectively as taric, doesnt provide armor for his AD carry, and Alistar is a slightly more susceptible target pre-6 than taric, with little counter engaging(no damaging ult like taric)

Also alistar is permabanned or picked in the jungle, if you can get him as support, great. But dont counter on it.

Also Sona, while has a great poke ability, is really squishy and can easily get engaged on when going for poke. Although I wonder what a Dorans Ring would do for Sona vs a leona?

Venature

04-21-2013

So you want leona counters? go to Xspecial's guide(the guy who plays support for tsm) heres the link
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...na-build-guide