Why don't I see more Lulu?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

scrimbul

07-27-2012

Lulu is great, and even more powerful than Soraka or Janna if your carry knows how to initiate and knows when to trust you. (if your carry does not go in to duel the enemy carry when you shield and speed buff them, then they don't know how to do this)

She is terrible when half the buffs get wasted because your carry is more concerned about CS and is about to get initiated on and mowed down by the enemy jungler. You can mitigate some of this with glitterlance and polymorph, but not by much. She is just so terrible when your carry is passive.

Nicodemous

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelkelion View Post
It was a little unfair that her Q was nerfed simply because people weren't playing her as support.
Oh, they are not done nerfing her, she is still support after all, plenty more nerfs to come...

TiberiusAudley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelkelion View Post
It was a little unfair that her Q was nerfed simply because people weren't playing her as support.
Funny how Riot didn't give Morgana (a support champion) the same treatment.

Nicodemous

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiberiusAudley View Post
Funny how Riot didn't give Morgana (a support champion) the same treatment.
They did nerf morg a couple of patched ago, they lowered her spell vamp and the range on her w...

Edzter

07-27-2012

because people are hesitant to try something new, they are too used to to the old stuff
*caugh* stupid meta *caugh*

IS1f86cf54b88179589488c

07-27-2012

lulu can do well with most team combos

but people still refuse to play lulu like lulu, and like her to be more like janna

i see many lulu's leveling shield first, while glitterlance has a much bigger damage and range

also, most people are not in favor of spending 6300 ip on a role that they don't want, when raka is easier and most times more rewarding due to global assists

Timebomb0800

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2012

her skill cap is a fair bit higher. the directional and optimal use of her q. knowing whether to use w for a shield or polymorphing the enemy

Mister BaZilean

07-27-2012

Because Janna does basically everything she can do but better.

- Janna has a slow
- A global movement speed buff
- A shield that adds straight AD instead of flat magic damage
- A non-ulti knock up that can hit the entire team
- An ulti that knocks everyone back to reset team fights and save multiple allies

I love playing Lulu, but her ulti, while gamechanging, requires an initiator or a carry who knows what they're doing.

I will keep playing her, but in competitive play you aren't going to see her as much.

Blaine Tog

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaRox View Post
Why isn't she used more often? Is it because she doesn't offer as much in a team fight compared to when laning? That's the only reason I can think of. Maybe people just find her too complicated to use? I don't get it!
She's actually better in teamfights than she is in lane, I've found. Her kit has so much in it that you always have something helpful you can be doing.

The reason people don't pick her is because she's a generalist, and her mana costs are kinda high. Other supports synergize with some playstyles very well and others not so well while Lulu has a fairly even keel of synergy, not going too high or too low.

MithanderLeso

07-27-2012

She's just reallllly outclasses by other supports right now.

ie,

Janna's shield is better than Lulu's. I'd rather take an extra 45 ad than some extra magic damage that can get body blocked by creeps. Also my skills also scale with the 45 ad.

Her shutdown is outclasses by just a good hard stun.

She also has no sustain, so if you're against another support with a heal of any sort, the lane becomes tedious to match for CS and they can simply outfarm you because they don't have to b as much as you do.

The problem with Lulu is she doesn't support an AD carry too well. As Tiberius said above me, she's good at supporting Bruisers and APs, but not ADCs. Hence, without her ability to solo lane, or even have a substantial poke anymore, she's pretty meh at supporting bot, when a Sona/Raka/Janna would be better for the AD anyway.